Stained glass and stained glass concepts are not compatible with each other. The only thing they have in common is the use of glass.
Stained glass, this composition is assembled from colorful pieces of glass. Stained glazing is made of tempered glass of the same tone.
It is used to decorate the facades of shop windows, public buildings, commercial centers, catering and leisure facilities.
With proper approach to design, you can perform stained glass windows in balconies, loggias, as well as cottages.
Perfection and Cons
Stained glass balcony gives the house a beautiful view and plays the role of a stronghold.
Stained glass windows on the balcony well let the light through, and if you hold the glazing in a warm way, you will also get an excellent thermal protection.
Living quarters, where the glazing is carried out by stained glass, are more in demand and their prices are much higher.
There are a lot of positive moments:
- in the cold period of the year, there is no need for additional heating: the stained glass windows retain heat well.
- during the hot season do not need air conditioning;
- you can arrange a flower garden;
- to equip the library, for this purpose there is plenty of light.
Installation work is carried out in a short time and the cost of work is quite acceptable. The balcony will change, a view of the nearest surroundings will open.
Of course, every owner of the stained glass balcony will be proud. The specific individuality of installation is that the work is done from the inside of the balcony.
This method has many advantages:
- You can run the circuit in any design;
- You can glaze wide openings of various configurations;
- the ability to use assistive devices;
- the possibility of replacing the section when it is damaged;
- installation of anti-burglar devices;
- good natural lighting.
IMPORTANT! The sound insulation of stained glass glazing depends on the properties and quality of the glass unit.
As with each material or process, there are also disadvantages:
- there are certain limitations in use;
- in the presence of a large number of sections, it is difficult to seal the seams;
- there are difficulties when it is necessary to wash the windows;
- after some time, condensation may form, so you may need to dry the balcony with additional heating;
- good review will be available not only to owners, but also to neighbors who can see what is happening outside the windows of the stained-glass balcony.
Types of stained glass systems
It can be mounted, and the glass is inserted into the openings. Bearing elements are supports and latches.
- Balcony floor - overview of the best design options + step by step instructions + photos
- Small balcony - charming and cozy design (88 photos)
- Loggia design - 45 photos of amazing design options
- Balcony in Khrushchev - planning a comfortable design for a small balcony (75 photos)
- Small Loggia - 84 photos of the best ways to conveniently arrange
- Balcony clapboard trim is a popular idea for a durable interior +79 beautiful photos
The clamping outer contour is framed with fancy caps of various configurations and colors. The fixer of a double-glazed window is inserted between an external profile and a framework, using the condensing materials.
With this system, the glass to the frame is fixed to durable sealants, which makes the building modern and elegant-looking.
This spider glazing, durable and with high strength characteristics.
- Kitchen on the balcony: 85 photos of the best decisions of designers on registration of a loggia
- Flowers on the balcony - an overview of the best species blooming all summer! 75 photo options!
- Dryer on the balcony for linen - which one to choose? 95 photos of the best models!
To choose a glazing system, you must view a photo of a stained glass balcony.
To install stained glass glazing you need according to the method already developed.
The technology of work is as follows:
- measurements are carried out using precision instruments. For this, it is best to use laser devices;
- weaving details are being prepared;
- the existing structure is improved and corrected;
- going design. The most time consuming and meticulous stage. Here it is necessary to withstand straight lines and a flat surface.
- accessories are hung.
Warming the balcony provides for certain stages of work, so you need to know how to warm the stained-glass balcony.
Before installing double-glazed windows, it is necessary to arrange a heated floor.
Stages of work:
- along the perimeter we close cracks and cavities with foam;
- we covered the floor with penofol or izolon, sticking it onto polymer glue;
- we lay the penoplex, fix it with dowels, and glue the joints with foil tape.
- again impose penofol;
- evenly lay out the heating elements;
- we install sensors of temperature regulators and we lay electric wires;
- around the perimeter we put a damper tape one centimeter thick and 10 cm wide;
- Pour cement screed thickness of about 50 millimeters.
It is possible to warm the ceiling after the installation of windows. The insulation procedure is similar to the floor, except for the installation of heating elements and screed. Also carried out wall insulation.
Decorating a stained-glass balcony is not an easy task. In addition to comfort and convenience, you need to create more functionality.
Balconies differ in their design features from each other, but the design of the stained-glass balcony and decoration are similar.
When finishing applied:
- plastic panel;
- decorative stone or clinker tiles;
- moisture resistant drywall;
- decorative plaster.
Modern solutions in the decoration, it is a combination of finishing materials. Any "duet" looks original and gives the interior a certain piquancy.
Photo design options stained balconies