Furniture that is versatile for use was developed by minimalist architects back in the 20th century.
The founder of such a calculated use of things is considered the Frenchman Le Corbusier. The tradition was continued by Italian architect Joe Cesare Colombo.
For our state, in Soviet times, the sofa transformer became very popular among people who lived in small apartments or communal flats.
Today, when studio apartments and loft designs are so popular, transformable furniture groups are in great demand.
For Russian people who live in small apartments, in areas where the living room is both a sleeping room, a study room, and a nursery, perhaps the best option for a full-fledged comfortable bed is the transformers small-sized sofas.
Types of transforming sofas
There are several types of transforming beds:
- The usual sofa bed - the most inexpensive and simplified version.
- The bed-case (-stable, -comode) is a more complicated type, it can be vertical or horizontal.
- Models with tilt-and-turn mechanisms are the most modern type, thanks to which the surrounding space can be used much more rationally.
- To decide on the type of bed being transformed, you need to know what features and characteristics exist for each type.
Folding berth of a vertical arrangement (the 2nd sleeping transformer). In this case, minimalist architects were asked to hide their usual bed in various pieces of furniture.
The best model was the bed, which vertically reclines. The bed itself is hidden in a box that makes up a single composition with the rest of the furniture items.
The berth moves thanks to the spring mechanism or pneumatics. The lower facade can be decorated under cupboard doors, mirrored linen or drawer decor. When such a bed is completely laid out, then the LED strip of the backlight completes its design.
The dimensions of this design can be very different, ranging from a small room for a child and ending with a full double bed.
Today, as before, companies from Italy, such as CLEI, COLOMBO, are considered to be the best in the manufacture of transforming beds with vertical tilting.
Transforming beds with horizontal tilting, which are attached to other furniture items, have been designed for a more compact storage structure.
Here the lifting mechanism is attached to the long side of the bed. Due to this fastening, the load on the folding part is less, which makes it possible to use inexpensive mechanisms. Thus, the whole construction costs less money.
This option bed is suitable for children's facilities. The part at the bottom of a similar two-level transformer can be used in the form of a table or sofa. Today's models, thanks to the electric mechanisms and electric drive, move at the touch of a button.
A proven option in the form of a sofa bed today is represented by a variety of mechanisms for transformation.
To this day, the sofa book, in which the spring mechanism has been perfected, is also popular. Among the novelties there are models with a “click-klyak” mechanism, thanks to which the position of the backrest changes in three positions.
- Kitchen corner - what to choose? 100 photos of the best new products in the interior!
- Playpen: how to choose? Photo review of the best new designs!
- Cots for newborns - choose wisely! 100 photos of the best new designs!
The unfolding models of a transforming sofa have a maximum lifespan of the mechanism of only 3 years. Today, vykatny mechanisms are in demand, such as Lit, Eurosof, telescope, etc.
The corner sofa transformer allows you to save a lot of square meters today, thanks to its shape and location.
But the two-tier sofa transformer may be the only right solution for families with a large number of residents and a small floor space.
Foreign manufacturers of transforming sofas have made the transformation process fully automated.
Other very popular modern models of transforming sofas are modular systems that change easily and can fit perfectly into any interior design.
- Upholstered furniture - a review of popular new products from the catalog of 2017! (85 photos of ideas)
- Cots with sides - views of the most popular models (88 photos)
- Sofa in the interior - recommendations for choosing when buying (80 photos)
Folding wardrobe bed with a rotation function. The rotating mechanism for this model was invented by Italian developers.
Although it is not the cheapest to establish such a design, the service life of such a product is rather long.
Choosing a sleeping "transformer"
Numerous photos of the sofa transformer tell us that these furniture items are still in great demand around the world.
When choosing such furniture it is necessary to consider several characteristics:
- European mechanisms are much safer and more durable in use:
- it is better to choose models from quality materials - natural wood or reliable MDF;
- the mechanism must be installed on a completely flat surface or it will be bent;
- mount transforming furniture items can be only on the capital wall surface or brick;
- when choosing the legs of the product it is worthwhile to stop the attention on the specimens in the form of "g"
With the right approach to the choice of such furniture, it will serve its owners for more than a dozen years.
- Gray sofa: how to choose and with what to combine (90 photos of new products)
- Desk for the student - what to choose? Photo review of popular models!
- Table book in the interior - real photos of the best models (2017 design)