For a good rest, I want a special atmosphere to reign in the bedroom. The bedroom is a place of rest, relaxation and recuperation, where we spend an average of 6 - 10 hours a day. It depends on many factors whether a person can rest, overcome insomnia, wake up healthy and vigorous. Affects the color of the interior, the convenience of furniture, pleasant accessories, lighting, textiles. An important point is the window decor. Choosing Roman curtains in the bedroom, you can be sure that they fit perfectly into the interior and create an atmosphere of comfort and relaxation. Reserved and original Roman blinds are deservedly popular, combining the softness of the fabric and the functionality of the blinds.
Roman curtains are made in the form of vertical even stripes of fabric. When raised, they fold in beautiful soft folds of 20–30 cm and are fixed at the top of the window. The photo shows that the curtains are not lifted up to the upper eaves, leaving 25 - 30 cm, so as not to disturb the design. Rigid elements keep their shape.
In the lowered form they close a window and protect from a heat, a bright sunlight, extraneous eyes. Closed curtains form a perfectly flat surface due to rails made of wood, mounted on the canvas. This sometimes allows you to hide the imperfections of the walls and slopes. Fastenings are easily removed for changing or cleaning the web.
Depending on the design of the bedroom, curtains can be basic and additional elements of decor. Sometimes several bands of different heights, textures, densities and colors are hung on the same window. Most often, as seen in the photo, they are represented by only one canvas.
A variety of styles, sizes and colors allows you to create a bedroom interior for every taste. Look great curtains and monochromatic colors, and with intricate patterns. It can be both usual fabrics, and impregnated with special compositions from burning out. Fabric with complex weaving will look advantageous.
Popular materials for sewing Roman curtains in the bedroom:
- cotton coarse varieties (flax, burlap),
- heavy wool
- wooden or bamboo bases.
The density of the fabric in the bedroom is an important parameter. Light translucent or transparent are appropriate if the curtain performs the function of tulle as in the photo. Opaque and opaque fabrics successfully act as thick curtains. For them, choose fabrics category Black-out. To determine the transparency of the fabric is very simple. Need to look through the fabric on the window. That is how much light and will miss the curtain.
When ordering Roman blinds material savings will be significant. Compared with the usual, it will take almost half the fabric. This will allow you to purchase a better or more expensive fabric. Also, Roman blinds are a great solution for glass doors. For example, in country houses.
Roman curtains are great for any bedrooms are deservedly popular and in great demand for obvious reasons:
- The large, spacious rooms are perfectly combined with traditional curtains. It may be multi-layered structures. They look very interesting and organic. Each part fulfills its role. Roman blinds usually responsible for the level of illumination of the room.
- In the children's bedrooms set the direction of modernity and security. Children will not be able to drop the curtain or pull the curtain. It is securely fastened and lifted to an inaccessible height. It plays an important role. While the usual curtains, fluttering from the draft, are the object of danger.
- For small bedrooms, in small apartments or apartments with small window openings, this is a very topical solution. Excessive decoration creates the impression of clutter. A Roman curtains organically decorate the window, and save space. In addition, well-chosen color scheme visually expands the space and makes the bedroom more comfortable.
Thanks to the Roman curtains, it is convenient to adjust the level of illumination. Waking up in the morning to raise to a comfortable height. In the evening, just lower and feel complete peace of mind. The photo clearly shows that Roman blinds are appropriate both on the large “floor” windows, on the standard windows of city apartments, and in the wide openings of country houses, and in the children's bedrooms.
Roman curtains perfectly replace conventional draperies. And it is easy to install where it is impossible to hang ordinary curtains - on the window, ceiling, in any opening or part of the opening. When installing pay attention to the opening of the window. The bedroom should have fresh air. Accordingly, the curtains should not interfere with their opening. Thanks to the rake-weighting, they do not sag, and do not fly from the draft. Included is always a mechanism that lifts the fabric up. For the bedroom, the most convenient control option is automatic (using the remote control). It is easy to raise and lower to the desired level, adjust the illumination of the room.
Textiles in the bedroom requires special care. It should be cleaned more often. Just Roman curtains most convenient to keep in order. It is enough to vacuum, straightening the folds.
Roman curtains combine aesthetics and functionality. They are easy to operate, practical, have strict forms and are easily combined with any style. In the bedroom, they can be used as a separate item for decorating windows, and in combination with classic curtains. In this case, the function of the darkening element is performed by the Roman curtain, and the traditional one is used for decoration. It smoothes out the severity of the design and gives a kind of romance. Also, the curtains visually smooth the window opening. If you decorate the curtains with cornice, then their texture and some mysteriousness will appear. An interesting reception designers - double canvas. Interestingly, each layer is managed separately. And one of the canvases is translucent, the other is dense.
If the Roman curtain is chosen correctly in color and fabric, it will always be organically combined with the design solution of the whole bedroom. This is due to the simplicity and elegance of this type of curtain. The owner of the bedroom will appreciate these curtains. Because they create peace, comfort and aesthetic pleasure.
Depending on the style, the fabric is selected:
- Classic. Expensive luxury materials with ornaments made of monograms, floral patterns, images of crowns, heraldry, flower bouquets. Companions are selected fabric with diamonds, stripes. Almost always a required attribute - fringe or braid.
- Country music. The best choice would be translucent, light colored materials. Colors - juicy terracotta, wine-maroon delicate pastel shades, green.
- Exotic. Fabrics are selected bright, with a variety of patterns and ornaments of African themes (jungle and savanna). Vegetable prints, bright natural colors.
- Ecological or ethnic style. Fabrics must be natural. Curtains made of wooden base or wicker matting will be the height of sophistication. Textured fabrics, rough canvas, wool will do.
- High tech. Preference is given to restrained colors and a limited palette. Gray, white, brown, black. Connect no more than two colors. One is the main, the second is optional.
- Scandinavian style. Light, natural materials of a light scale will fit organically. Shades milky-beige, yellowish, green. Be sure to pass light well. Translucent fabrics without additional decors (draperies, ruches, etc.).
- Fusion. Involves original ideas. Materials should be of unexpected color combinations with geometric shapes, with a smooth or embossed texture.
- East style. It features a variety of jewelry, glitter, gold. Fabrics should be expensive with exquisite embroidery, reminiscent of handicraft.
If you do not want to understand the styles, then you can simply select the Roman curtains in the bedroom according to the photo of the finished interiors. A great option to visually see the combination of colors, shapes, proportions and relate to your room.
Roman blinds can completely dim the bedroom or gently diffuse sunlight. This is affected by the density of the fabric. And for a harmonious interior should be attentive to the color scheme. Shade curtains should be in agreement with other accessories in the room. This can be bed linen, decorative pillows, carpet or bedspread.
The photo shows how to place accents and varying with the ornaments of paintings, you can get original solutions. For example, Roman blinds in a cage or large stripes are perfect for a plain canvas curtain. And if the folds or the lower edge of the curtains artistically decorate with a fringe, ribbons or cord, you can enhance or change the style of the composition.
Roman blinds are firmly included in the list of the most beloved and popular curtains for the bedroom. They harmoniously fit into modern interiors and are combined with any materials. Thanks to their restrained, concise forms, they emphasize the beauty and nobility of fabrics, emphasize the interior.