Beautiful curtains are not just for protection from the sun or lamplight. They play an important role as a decorative element. On some photos it can be seen that the curtains are central to the design of the room. Consider the descriptions and photos of modern curtains in the bedroom in 2016.
Currently, you can easily choose curtains of any direction and style. New items are full of diversity, and designers offer ideas on an industrial scale. By type of modern curtains are divided:
- Curtains with lambrequins add aristocracy to the bedroom space and create a refined atmosphere. Best of all they look in spacious rooms. Otherwise (as seen in the photo), modern curtains without a lambrequin are hung in the bedroom. Photos of 2016 clearly show that curtains can safely do without this element of decor. With the help of a pelmet, you can visually change the height of the window or hide any flaws.
- With a lack of space in the bedroom using modern curtains without lambrequin. In the photo of 2016, where new items are presented, you can see that such curtains let in more light into the room and generally look more appropriate.
- Curtains on the rings are perfect for vintage style or minimalism. Photos clearly show how the simplicity of the appearance is organically combined with the requirements for registration. These modern curtains in the bedroom in the photos of 2016 look tech. The idea of curtain design on the rings has long been recognized as high quality, and it is very easy to remove such curtains.
- The curtains on the grommets also perfectly fit to the visual design of the modern bedroom. Grommets are called holes in the curtains themselves, through which they are put on the curtain. In the photo you can see that the design allows you to get a completely smooth folds without stretching.
- Short curtains fit well into a small bedroom, where there is little free space and the bed is right under the window. A good option for such curtains will use air tulle in several layers, which will obscure the bedroom and give the room coziness.
Design curtains for the modern bedroom
Specialists have developed many solutions for bedroom design, but some of the options have turned out so successful that they remain fashionable for several years. Modern ideas for curtains in the bedroom in the photos of 2016 are demonstrated in full.
The following varieties are popular in 2016:
- French Curtains are stylized baroque and bring elements of solemnity into the atmosphere. Curtains are notable for beautiful drapery and large folds. Materials for fabrics are taken the best - silk, organza or taffeta. Curtains in such elegant design find their connoisseurs in 2016. Luxury fabric decorations are suitable for the bedroom, which, as shown in the photo, visually resembles palace chambers.
- London Curtains of this type are attached to the curtain with adhesive tape, and the curtain itself is lifted using a simple mechanism attached to the cornice. When the curtains are raised, a large fold appears in the central part; the sides of the curtains take the form of nice bows. In 2016, London curtains again became fashionable and in demand. On the presented photos you can see that the classic design in the form of a Scottish cage, as well as a floral print with rustic motifs is now common.
- Austrian. They are very similar to the French curtains, but differ from them more voluminous folds. The photo shows - the curtains have an average length. Modern Austrian curtains are quite popular because of their versatility, since they are used to decorate not only the sleeping room, but also other rooms. Designers note that in 2016 the curtains in the Austrian style are very popular. Ideas are actively developed, and novelties are embodied.
- Roman. These curtains optimally hang in the bedroom of small sizes. In terms of their appearance, they are well suited for the interior, designed for the minimalism style, rather demanded in 2016. They are fixed directly above the window opening. The length of the Roman blinds reach the level of the windowsill.
Japanese curtains - a fresh look at ordinary things.
These curtains are not at all like standard curtains. They are sliding sheets and look like a folding screen. Will suit those people who appreciate originality in registration of an interior. Among the photos of the new curtains for the bedroom in 2016, it is the Japanese curtains that look the most innovative. In fact, it is a construction of several canvases made from fabrics of various materials. Blinds are held eaves, having several layers. On the upper and lower parts of the canvas, special frames are fixed for stretching the fabric and stiffening the curtains. The photos show how well Japanese curtains will organically fit into rooms with large windows. Design ideas here will be limitless.
Scandinavian curtains - genuine classic
This style has been popular for several years, but continues to give rise to interesting new items. Now the Scandinavian curtains are experiencing a new wave of popularity and act like modern curtains in the bedroom. Photos 2016 show a variety of solutions. In the Swedish catalogs you can see the new interior, very similar to the design decisions of the second half of the twentieth century. However, such creative ideas, even in 2016, do not look outdated, as experts competently adjust them to current trends.
Scandinavian curtains are not overloaded with textures and are kept in a calm color scheme, differ in functionality and maximum naturalness. Scandinavian curtains are made only from light fabrics, since the design concept of this style offers lightness in the interior design. Curtains made of cotton or linen are perfect for the bedroom. If you decide to purchase curtains with a pattern, then choose images with northern motifs, so as not to contradict the style. The colors of the curtains should be monotonous, it is desirable to use pastel colors.
Scandinavian style does not provide folds or bends on the curtains. Various decorations in the form of lace, brushes or braid are also not consistent with this design concept. Of all the decorative elements would be appropriate to the usual garter. It is very good if the image on the curtains will coincide in style with other drawings on the objects of the bedroom interior.
Provence - exquisite refinement
In 2016, this style begins to consolidate its own positions and is no longer perceived as a novelty. Provencal curtains are versatile and will look good in any room, but it is in the bedroom that they are able to create a unique comfort and greatly decorate the decor.
The classic decor for olive curtains are floral images on the background of pastel colors (a common solution in the photo of 2016). Modern curtains in the bedroom in the photo stand out a lot of details characteristic of Provence style. The size of the flowers does not play a special role, in some cases even a dark background is allowed. The distinctive feature of Provencal style is sophisticated drapery and non-standard fastenings.
Eyelets can be used to create large folds. For the sake of decoration, it is allowed to embroider the fabric of curtains with lace forms or braid. The material should be only natural (it is better to give preference to cotton), since synthetics will contradict the Provencal style because of the abundance of shiny elements.
Modern bedrooms are designed according to new-fashioned ideas, but the classics do not want to give up their positions even in 2016, when its competitors have a lot of innovative directions. She still remains in demand at the time of registration of the premises, as evidenced by numerous photos of 2016. Modern curtains in the bedroom in the photo often have elements of the classics, are made out quite restrained, but at the same time have a unique elegance. Classic-style curtains are most often brown, cream or beige. The photos show how in all the design the following traditional canons of beauty are felt.
For a minimalist style, only light curtains are needed, not blocking the space, since the essence of this direction is to abandon unnecessary elements of the atmosphere. In the photo you can just observe a small number of interior items. Coloring for the bedroom is selected dim, in tone with the setting. Curtains in the style of minimalism do not carry any special aesthetics and ideas. Curtains are designed to perform only direct functions. In the yard of 2016, and many appreciate just such a strict approach.
Modern trends sometimes carry radical ideas in design. The high-tech direction provides for either open windows or blackout standard blinds. However, the bedroom requires something more comfortable. Designers recommend the use of Roman or rolled curtains restrained colors. Unlike typical blinds, such curtains will add aesthetics to the bedroom and protect them from the penetration of solar or lantern light into the room.
In this style, elements of luxury are actively used to meet the fashion trends of 2016. Design ideas have generated bright new items. Curtains are designed to complement the sophistication of the situation. For an art deco bedroom, we need heavy and thick silk fabric curtains. The photo shows that adornments in the form of pelmets, exquisite drapes and gilded brushes are allowed. Often used exotic patterns. Typically, ideas for drawings are not limited. Ideal for a bedroom are pastel or black-and-white tones, the simplicity of which is diluted with a subtle decor or a non-standard pattern.
Options for a small bedroom
Most bedrooms are small in size, so it is imperative to choose suitable curtains. Still, the room is designed for rest and sleep. In the bedroom fit modern curtains without lambrequin. Photos of 2016 demonstrate many interesting solutions without this decorative element, completely inappropriate to the premises of these sizes.
If the space in front of the window is free, you can hang long curtains up to the floor. It is not recommended to install thick curtain rods - they will visually take away the space. To protect against penetrating light, hang roller blinds that match the curtains in color.
Ease of care - the main requirement for curtains in the nursery, because they have to be washed very often. For a child’s bedroom, you need to pick up light curtains without drapery, so that dust does not accumulate in the fabrics and the decor looks free. In the 2016 photo, modern curtains in the bedroom for teenagers are represented by various types.
The best option - layered tulle. If the bedroom is located on the sunny side, you can use roll or roman curtains. Good fit options for curtains with eyelets.
Any child will be happy if his room is decorated with images of superheroes and fantastic creatures from their favorite cartoons.
For babies up to three years, curtains will be suitable in soothing colors. The number of drawings should be moderate, otherwise the child will fall asleep problem.
For older boys, you can pick up a brighter design. Win-win option - drawings of multi-colored wheelbarrows, robots or spaceships.
To ensure a peaceful sleep for a small child, it is also better for a girl to place a room in pastel colors. A few flowers or fluttering butterflies in the form of an unobtrusive pattern on the curtains will be quite enough. Images uniquely diversify the situation, while the child’s sleep will be calm.
Curtains with magical characters from fairy tales will suit older girls.