We make an interior in loft style
The loft style in the interior came from America of the 40s and represents the transformation into residential premises of former industrial buildings, warehouses, factories and plants. Hence, the main idea of the loft style is the maximum of free space and light, the absence of strict planning, walls and partitions, as well as the harmonious combination of coarse factory decoration with modern furniture and decor.
The interior in the loft style “reconciles” things that are incompatible at first glance in design. For example, brick plastered walls, metal pipes on the ceiling, antique furniture and modern equipment of the latest models.
In the loft style it is best to do repairs in studio apartments with a free layout without interior walls and partitions. Windows should be as large as possible, ideally from floor to ceiling.
Photo: glass tables in the living room will add a bit of originality to the interior.
- The main principle of loft design is the absence of a hard division of space. Zoning is carried out due to the color, finish, light open shelving or light transmitting partitions. Therefore, it is important to correctly plan the functional areas of the room before the start of repairs. The kitchen from the dining room, for example, can be separated by a bar.
- The abundance of light. This goal is served by large windows and high ceilings in the apartment. Also, as a general color scheme, it is better to prefer light shades that visually increase the dimensions of the room.
- Industry Loft-style interior should breathe the factory atmosphere. If you can not create a traditional rough finish during the repair - brickwork, concrete - you can use wallpaper that mimic factory walls.
- Combining the design of the apartment with a primitive finish with the brilliance of chromed metal, cutting-edge technology and elegant retro furniture.
- Non-standard decor. Graffiti, abstract wall paintings and paintings, bright posters, as well as urban accessories: signs with street names, road signs and other similar items will perfectly fit into the loft style.
Loft style in the interior is perfect for those who love freedom and bold decisions. It as well as possible allows to realize the most non-standard design receptions. You can wake up inspiration by examining photos of beautiful modern interiors of apartments decorated in this style.
Photo: decorating walls with paintings
Photo: office bar-kitchen from the living room
The apartment, designed in the style of a loft, does not imply an expensive and artsy finish. On the contrary, minimalism and simplicity reign here. The ideal option for the walls would be brickwork, concrete, rough plaster. To create a bright accent one of the walls can be painted in a contrasting catchy color.
Ceilings in the apartment is best done in snow-white. In large rooms with high ceilings, metal ceiling or metal beams will be appropriate as a decor.
For the floor, you should prefer the usual wide plank, and parquet will also be suitable if you put it in the simplest possible pattern of fairly large planks. More modern materials are self-leveling floors, with which you can simulate any surface.
Tip: plinth should not clearly stand out in color, so they should be made to match the finish of the walls or floor.
Photo: decorating the ceiling with wooden beams
Furniture and accessories
Loft is a harmony of contradictions. A metal cabinet with a strict geometry of forms and vintage furniture with smooth curves of lines will fit in here. This gives the loft style a special charm. When repairing, it is very important to observe a fine line between spectacular contrasts and complete chaos bordering on tastelessness.
Characteristic materials for the manufacture of furniture in the loft style are natural wood, metal, glass, leather or other dense rough upholstery fabric. It should be avoided in the decoration of furniture gilding, painting or inlay, as the loft does not imply luxury and wealth in the setting of the apartment. Also inappropriate would be cute furniture in the style of country or shebbi-chic.
Technique for the loft is characterized by ultra-modern: a wide plasma, home theater, a powerful musical system in the living room, the latest models of home appliances in the kitchen.
Photo: modern home theater in the living room interior
In the loft style it is not customary to use light transparent curtains on the windows in the apartment. Even ordinary curtains better prefer roller or install blinds at all.
Creative solutions are welcome - soft armchairs, pears, hanging furniture, bright LED lighting of furniture. Many unusual stylish ideas can be "peeped" on the photo of the finished interiors in the loft style.