The child must have its place in the home. In a small apartment, allocating a whole room to a baby is impossible. In such a situation, he is assigned a part of the living room space. Properly combining the living room and the nursery in the same room you can create a cozy and practical room.
Features of arrangement
The combination of two rooms completely different in functionality is a difficult task. If the room has a small area, it is necessary to use all available reserves to increase it: combine with a corridor, loggia, balcony or storage room. The most important thing is to create the most comfortable conditions for the child. During the reception of the guests, the baby should be able to retire to relax, read a book or do homework.
When arranging the nursery, you must consider:
- The presence of a sufficient amount of light and heat in the nursery. This part of the room should be equipped with windows, a radiator and a sufficient number of lamps.
- Age changes. The baby grows, with time he will need a new bed, a deeper wardrobe, etc.
- The child must have enough space for games. Photos of a successful design of a nursery and a living room in the same room are presented below.
There are many ways to divide space. The choice of a particular one depends on the financial capabilities of the owners, the style of the interior and the area of the room.
Tip! For high-quality zoning room size should exceed 20 square meters. m
The zoning of the children's living room space can be done with the help of various pieces of furniture:
- Couch. It should be set back against the nursery.
- Cabinet. You can put two shallow cabinet backs to each other. In one, the baby can store their things, and in the other - the parents. If you install one closet facing the nursery, then its back must be decorated using photo wallpaper.
- Racking. On it can place books, toys, decorative items.
- Training area.
This way of division of space allows you to do without repair, and you can rearrange separating objects at any time.
Partitions are of several types:
- Static. They are set for a long time, without the possibility of changing the location. They can be of any shape, have niches for storing various items.
- Mobile. These include screens that can be rearranged in any place.
- Sliding or folding (like an accordion). A photo of the zoning of the room for the nursery and the living room using sliding partitions can be seen below.
The most popular materials from which partitions are made:
- Tree. The partition of environmentally friendly material will look beautiful and cozy between the nursery and the living room. Natural wood is expensive, so it can be replaced with an inexpensive imitating material: plywood, chipboard or MDF. Wooden latticed partitions look interesting.
- Drywall is a versatile material from which you can make a partition of any shape with your own hands.
- Strained glass. Sunlight passes through the transparent glass partition, therefore both parts of the room are well lit, and the partition as if does not take up space. If you install a frosted or tinted glass, then through it you will not see what is happening in the nursery. Bright stained glass will look exquisitely instead of ordinary glass. You can choose a universal plot, for example, flowers, or select a children's area with the help of stained glass windows with fabulous scenes: magic castles, animals, cartoon characters.
- Part of the base of the wall, if it collapsed. Its top can be used as a shelf, setting the tabletop, placing the pots of flowers or putting an aquarium.
Tip! The original way of differentiation is the installation of a light low wooden fence. It can be installed along the entire border, and the passage between the zones can be arranged in the form of a wooden wicket.
Installation of partitions from the combined materials is very popular. So beautifully will look the basis of wood or drywall with glass inserts.
With the help of textiles, you can easily and conveniently create a border between the nursery and the living room in the same room. Curtains look easy, at ease. They can be combined with any other delimiters, such as a glass partition or shelving.
In the extended state, the curtain does not hinder the free passage of light and air, in the pushed in position it covers part of the space from prying eyes. Curtains made of thick fabric will allow the child to retire, while transparent tulle, curtains made of threads or beads will create only a visual border, but they will serve as an original decor.
Tip! If you install an electric curtain rod, the child will be able to push and close the curtains without getting out of bed, for example, when he goes to bed or immediately after waking up.
Suspended or suspended ceiling in the children's area will help to visually highlight it. This part of the ceiling emit a contrasting color, for example, lilac or green. The rest of the ceiling is better to arrange in white. A dot-like illumination is installed along the entire perimeter of the hinged structure.
For the zoning of space is not necessary to make a multi-level ceiling. It is enough to install ceiling beams. Natural wood looks cozy, but in the apartment it is better to use beams made of polyurethane. They are lightweight, easy to install.
In addition to the ceiling, a multi-level floor can serve as a room divider. One of the zones, usually the nursery, is slightly elevated. In the constructed catwalk they build in lights or boxes. If you make a high podium, then it will need several steps. Inside the raised part of the floor, you can build one or even two beds.
Tip! The podium is a traumatic design, especially in the house where children live. Having played, the child may not notice the step and stumble over it.
One of the most popular ways of zoning: the choice of finishes in different colors for the nursery and the living room. So the child zone is usually made in lighter colors, and the rest area - in darker ones. But a more cardinal way of differentiation is the selection of different finishing materials. You can select a children's area using photo wallpaper. The most popular images are episodes from cartoons.
For children, the ideal flooring will be carpet. This is a warm material, which is not afraid of falling toys. In the living room is better to put parquet, which looks more presentable, or laminate, imitating the surface of natural wood. Photos of the hall and the nursery in the same room with different floor coverings can be seen below.
As a wall material for the nursery, ordinary paper wallpaper with a cheerful pattern will do. They consist of environmentally friendly materials that allow air to pass through. If the kid draws on the walls, such wallpaper can be safely dismantled and pokleit new. Their main plus is an affordable price. For the living room you can choose any other material: wall panels, decorative plaster, non-woven wallpaper, etc.
The nursery should be placed at the window so that it receives enough sunlight. The child will not only sleep in it, but also play, read, do homework. As a result, the living room will become a passage area that must be considered when filling the room with furniture.
When planning the decor of the room, it is necessary to take into account the age of the child. The number of pieces of furniture depends on it. So, for a baby, you need only a cradle and a changing table. In the room of a preschooler or schoolchild you must install:
- Bed. If there is not enough space in the room, you can put a folding sofa or a transforming bed built into the wardrobe.
- Table with chair. At the table, the child will be engaged in modeling, painting, reading books, doing homework. It is better to place it at the window. You can turn into a desk window sill. Another option for a compact space - retractable tabletop.
- Case for storage of clothes, toys, books. A minimum of space occupied by the wardrobes. To decorate the facade of the cabinet is fashionable photo printing with the image of fairy-tale characters.
For the nursery, you should choose a strong, durable and reliable furniture. Ideal options for the joint premises would be the acquisition of modular children's furniture. The bed can be placed on the second tier of the headset, a sliding table with a chair can be installed under it, and the steps upwards can be made of strong and roomy drawers.
To maintain the maximum free space, the owners will have to abandon the massive slides, numerous cabinets, bollards and poufs. It is recommended to install the minimum set of necessary furniture in the room:
- Cushioned furniture. It can be represented by one sofa, couch and a couple of chairs, a soft corner.
- Coffee table used for tea drinking. Given the presence of children in the apartment, the table is better to choose not from fragile glass, but from a good wood.
- Compact cabinet for storing various items. Instead of a cabinet, you can put a showcase with a glass top and a hollow wooden bottom, a rack or hang open shelves.
All furniture should stand along the walls, leaving open a passage to the children's part. Photos of the nursery and living room in the same room with compact furniture are presented below.
For the combined living room and nursery, modern interior styles are best suited.
Romanticism shines through in every element of the Provence style interior. Calm pastel shades look gentle. They visually make the room bigger. Living room is replete with beige and white tones. It must have glass wall cabinets or a showcase, upholstered furniture with floral upholstery, light cotton or cotton curtains, a table with curved horns. The furniture should be antique, made of bleached wood or light wood.
Registration of a children's corner depends on a floor of the child. The perfect combination for a girl's room: cream walls, white furniture and soft pink textiles. Gray, olive, blue and beige colors are suitable for the boy's room, and textile elements will be in a cage or a strip. The photo of the design of the living room, combined with the nursery, in the Provence style can be seen below.
This modern style is well suited for the design of living rooms and children's rooms where teenagers live. Modern equipment should be installed in both parts of the room: a computer, a flat-screen TV, a multimedia center. In this style multi-level ceiling structures, stretch glossy ceilings look harmonious. The decor should be at a minimum. Preference is given to modular cabinet furniture. It should have smooth monotonous and preferably glossy facades. The main colors of the interior: white, black, gray.
In the children's high-tech style there should be a simple rectangular bed. It is desirable that it was functional, for example, had built-in boxes. A desk should have a glass top and thin legs made of wood or metal. Chairs can stand out from the overall design concept, having the original forms and bright colors. It will be interesting to look, for example, a chair from bright or transparent plastic, made in the form of a bench or an office chair. For storage of clothes and toys, modular systems, wardrobes or shelves are used. On the perimeter of the furniture is to hold the LED backlight, so it will look high-tech.
The monochrome gamut of style in the children's corner can be diluted with bright colors: colored geometric patterns on the walls or furniture, colorful pillows.
Traditional classicism is not very suitable for a combined room. Pretentious details and massive furniture occupy a lot of useful space. Modern classics is characterized by restraint and the use of modern technology. For registration choose calm gentle tones: cream, golden, peach, pink, gray, blue. For small accents you can use darker, deep tones: chocolate, coffee, burgundy, marsh.
In the reception area it is worthwhile to install a sofa, chairs, a display cabinet, a glass or wooden table, an electric fireplace imitating a real hearth. On the walls are hung pictures or photos, edged with gilded frames. Upholstered furniture should have expensive upholstery, monophonic or with a muted floral pattern.
When you design a children's area in a modern classic style, you should also use white, beige, cream colors. As an accent you should choose a green, pink or blue shade. It is best suited for children pacifying green. It may be present in the pattern of wallpaper, on the carpet, curtains and small decorative pillows. Furniture for the child's room should choose a simple form, without unnecessary curls, made of light wood. From the same material should be made wardrobe, chair and desk.
Ideal option to fill the room with light and make it visually more spacious - arrange in the Scandinavian style. A parquet board of light color is laid on the floor of the room. It can be replaced with a laminate or, in extreme cases, linoleum with the texture of wood. As a wall material using white paint, wallpaper or wall paneling.
For the nursery in the Scandinavian style suitable white wallpaper with a checkered pattern or with small images of animals, flowers, balloons. On white walls, you can simply stick special vinyl stickers with the image of droplets of different colors, clouds, Christmas trees, triangles, circles. For a child, you can pick up a bed made of wood or on a metal frame. It is desirable that all the furniture was white. Accent elements can be juicy grassy, sunny, orange, azure, peach and other natural colors. Photos of Scandinavian living room and nursery design can be seen below.
The living room and nursery can be comfortably equipped in the same room. To do this, you need to decide on the style of the interior, choose a functional and comfortable furniture and a suitable way to divide the space. The best option would be to combine several zoning methods so that the children’s room and the living room differ from each other not only in appearance. The physical partition will allow to cover part of the child’s room, creating a comfortable environment for recreation, study or games.