In the modern world, paper materials are replaced by a variety of materials for surface finishing: fiberglass fabrics, wallpaper made of liquid materials, and various plaster.
What are liquid wallpapers?
There are opinions that liquid wallpaper - this is one of the variations of plaster for finishing surfaces or combining wallpaper from paper with plaster. It should be noted that these concepts cannot unambiguously answer the meaning of the term “liquid wallpaper”.
Wallpaper made of liquid materials may include elements of cotton and silk, mica, sand mixture of different grain sizes and more.
They can be used for decoration of home, office, industrial premises, due to a diverse color palette, an abundance of textures and the application of various drawings.
Advantages and disadvantages of liquid wallpaper
The advantages of wallpaper made of liquid materials include: resistance to sub-zero temperatures, and abrupt change, resistance to fading in the sun, ease of application and washing from the surface, isolation from sounds.
Such wallpaper is environmentally friendly. They can be used on surfaces that are difficult to access.
The disadvantages of such wallpaper are: use only in dry rooms, cleaning with dry rags, expensive.
Making a liquid wallpaper with their own hands occupation is quite simple. Enough to have a large amount of paper and time in stock.
Master class - how to make a liquid wallpaper do it yourself
- Grind paper (of any size, regardless of its purity) into small pieces of 3 - 4 centimeters in size.
- Cover the paper with water until it overlaps. Leave until fully soaked for about 2 to 3 hours.
- Grind the soaked paper into a uniform mixture using a steel mixer.
- Add a color palette, plaster, glue (for 1 piece of paper - 1 tsp. Of plaster and 5 ml of glue). Mix. If necessary, add decorative elements (sand, mica and others).
- Apply to the surface, prepared in advance and dry, with a layer of 3-4 mm. Let it dry.
How to apply liquid wallpaper?
- Dilute the dry mixture according to the instructions and let it brew for 12 hours. Stir before use.
- It is better to stir the liquid mixture without the use of mechanisms, since the structure of the wallpaper is destroyed.
- Use a metal spatula to smoothly apply the wallpaper to the surface.
- One surface should be made of a single mixture to avoid visible transitions.
- The thickness of the wallpaper should not exceed 4 - 5 mm. On the initial layer - 2 - 3 mm, and on the final 2 mm.
- Allow the wallpaper to dry for 2 to 3 days.
The execution of drawings with liquid wallpaper
- Draw a sketch on the surface with a pencil.
- Apply the mixture with a spatula along the outline of the sketch.
- Dates dry (3 - 4 hours). Apply a different color. Distribute the amount of the mixture evenly.
An excellent solution when decorating the interior of a bedroom, children's room, hallway will be the use of wallpaper made of liquid materials.
The only rooms where such wallpapers should not be used are the kitchen and the bathroom. In the kitchen, there is a high probability of rapid contamination; in the bathroom, high humidity.
Liquid wallpaper in the bedroom
To give the bedroom warmth and comfort in the composition of the liquid wallpaper, you can add silk fiber.
The inclusion of twinkling elements in the mixture will create a unique atmosphere of star dust.
Refinement and luxury will add plaster with golden shimmer. Places with cracks and bumps will sparkle with a new golden light, which will give the room a unique depth with a brilliant glow.
Room design for children
Decorating a room for children with wallpaper made of liquid materials looks richer and more comfortable compared to ordinary painting.
You can decorate the room with a pattern you like and your child. Such wallpapers are safe, eco-friendly. In case the child colors the wallpaper, you can always update them.
With the help of a variety of such wallpapers, using various elements in their composition, you can always make your room unique and design stylish.