Leather sofa has recently been considered a mandatory attribute of the office of a successful manager. He emphasized the status of a businessman and decorated the most expensive business interiors.
Now, the presence of a leather sofa in the interior of an apartment or a country house has become a recognized element of the wealth of the owner and the elitism of the interior.
Furniture manufacturers began to create leather sofas and office and home type. The main fear that a customer has when choosing a leather sofa for an apartment is the fear of giving the interior a public appearance.
Distinctive qualities of leather sofas:
- practicality (easy to care for the sofa);
- durability (leather is very durable material, if properly cared for, the sofa will delight the owners for several decades);
- hypoallergenicity (the skin does not allow dust mite products into the bowels);
- air tightness (the sofa stays cool in the warm season, and warm in the cold).
Upholstery of a sofa can be both integral, and from several pieces. One-piece upholstery can over time begin to lose places in color, because to paint a large piece of leather is very difficult.
Upholstery of several pieces of leather makes the sofa a little cheaper. If the seams are made with high quality, then such a sofa may look more than worthy.
Leather sofa in the interior
Sofa made of genuine leather will dominate in any interior. It fits perfectly into both classic and ultra-modern style - in the photo of leather sofas you can see how they “assemble” each interior for themselves.
It is better not to put a leather sofa in a cramped room, which is cluttered with furniture. A large sofa or a large hall is suitable for a massive sofa. So accents do not tolerate other furniture. Read here! Small sofas - 85 photos of new furniture in a cozy interior
It is permissible to place next to him only a coffee table. It is due to the fact that the room does not have extra seats, it is worth buying a corner leather sofa, if you plan to take a lot of guests in the living room.
If in the living room the dominant piece of furniture does not imply the excesses of furniture, then a leather folding sofa can perfectly solve the problem with an extra bed.
It is not recommended to use it as a daily place to sleep. With frequent use of the folding mechanism, the service life of the product itself is reduced.
Leather sofas have three classic colors - white, black and brown. These are the most popular colors.
But often they dye the skin in blue, red, yellow and other bright colors for non-standard design solutions.
Such styles as avant-garde or minimalism actively support the idea of a white leather sofa. These styles allow an abundance of chrome and air elements.
The decor of the living room with accent leather sofa, coffee table made of glass and modern decor is calming. She points to the subtle, refined taste of the hosts.
- Kitchen corner - what to choose? 100 photos of the best new products in the interior!
- Playpen: how to choose? Photo review of the best new designs!
- Cots for newborns - choose wisely! 100 photos of the best new designs!
Living room will be energetically strong and rich place, if the walls are painted in bright color, and on their background there is a white sofa.
In the interiors of modern, techno (sometimes - brutalism) black leather sofa looks gorgeous. If the walls are neutral (in gray or beige), then such a sofa will become the main color accent in the interior.
It can also brilliantly complement the high-tech style (like the white version).
As for the classic interiors, here, of course, suits brown leather sofa.
Brown leather speaks about the integrity, stability and status of the owners of the house. Classic interiors prim England do not do without the famous sofa "Chesterfield".
- Upholstered furniture - a review of popular new products from the catalog of 2017! (85 photos of ideas)
- Cots with sides - views of the most popular models (88 photos)
- Sofa in the interior - recommendations for choosing when buying (80 photos)
Shades of a brown sofa made of leather can be from light tan, coffee for kitchens and living rooms, to chestnut or red-brown to a study or library.
How to care for a leather sofa
Any product made of genuine leather requires special care and care. Furniture made of leather is among the elite, and its purchase costs a serious investment of money.
Such investments should justify themselves not only with a spectacular appearance, but also with a service life. So that over time the skin does not begin to crack, and the dye does not begin to crumble, it is necessary to remember:
- the sofa cannot be placed closer than a meter to the heating systems;
- lighting devices (with incandescent lamps) should be at a distance from the product;
- skin should not be exposed to constant UV radiation;
- in the room you need to maintain humidity at 65% (it is better to buy a humidifier, it is useful for many natural materials).
At pollution it is necessary to wet the surface of the sofa with a cloth. The liquid should not be rubbed. Absorb grease stains with a napkin.
To rub a sofa made of leather with chlorine powders is impossible For such cases, each catalog of leather sofas contains special cleaning products recommended by the manufacturer.
- Gray sofa: how to choose and with what to combine (90 photos of new products)
- Sofa transformer: review of the best models from the catalog of 2017
- Desk for the student - what to choose? Photo review of popular models!
- Once a week, the product should be treated with a damp cloth for preventive purposes.
- Twice a month you can vacuum it (only using a soft brush).
Twice during the year, treat the leather sofa with natural leather (do not test the selected color on the front of the furniture).
Photo of leather sofas