The bedroom interior requires maximum coziness and comfort: it helps to relax and tune in to rest in the evening and happily meet the new day after waking up. It is important to be guided by this principle in the design of textile decor. In the second half of the last century, curtains with eyelets as fasteners were used to give the interior softness. Modern designers also widely use this technique of textile decor. It allows you to experiment with style to find the right fit. Photos of beautiful curtains on the grommet in the bedroom are presented below.
What are the features?
The curtains on the grommets are different from the rest by fastening to the eaves: the upper strip of fabric is compacted, round holes are cut in it and the rings are fixed, which are strung on the eaves. In the photo, several options for curtains with fastening on the rings.
Eyelets are different:
- The size of the inner hole is small (up to 3 cm in diameter) and large (from 4 cm in diameter and above);
- In shape - can be oval, round, in the form of a triangle or square;
- According to the composition from which they are made - plastic, wood or metal;
- In color and pattern - there is a large selection, especially among plastic ones;
- By design - in addition to the classic ones, you can pick up decorative eyelets in the form of a flower, a star, some animal - there are many options.
Fastening with ring-grommets has several advantages:
- Curtains do not deform and do not tear, even after prolonged use;
- Such fastening is suitable, both for light translucent curtains, and for fabric with dense structure;
- The fabric does not stop when the curtains are moved, as for example on a flat cornice with hooks;
- Rings allow you to quickly and easily remove the fabric from the eaves and put it back
- It is enough to have a small skill in sewing in order to make curtains with eyelets on your own.
Which grommets to choose?
The most common option is plastic mounts. They are the most affordable, represented by a large color assortment: from unobtrusive light to exotic leopard or imitation metal, wood texture. This allows you to pick up barely noticeable grommets under the main color of curtains, or, conversely, to focus on them, combining with other interior items. Small rings are suitable for light fabrics: organza, tulle, viscose. For dense curtains, it is necessary to choose massive fasteners from hard plastic to avoid their deformation due to the weight of the fabric.
The main advantages of plastic:
- does not stain fabric during washing and operation;
- does not make excessive noise when rubbing against the eaves;
- combined with the eaves of any material due to the wide range of colors;
- plastic rings are attached to the fabric by hand.
The cringles made of wood look very impressive, but it is almost impossible to find them in the free market, and making it to order will be much more expensive. Wooden rings are capricious in the care: they are deformed from moisture, so you need to remove them before washing. Products from cheaper soft wood are short-lived, most often they are replaced with plastic rings with a suitable pattern.
In the interior of the bedroom most often use thick curtains of opaque material for a comfortable stay at any time of the day. For them, more suitable metal fasteners that can withstand a large load and the most durable. The modern market offers color-coated grommets, matte, glossy. You can pick up designer eyelets of the original form to give a highlight to the interior. It is important to use high-quality stainless metal rings so that you can wash the fabric with them, without fear of spoiling it. Metal grommets need to be fixed to the fabric with a special device, which causes inconvenience when self-tailoring curtains.
How to use in the interior of the bedroom?
There are several techniques in the design of curtains on the grommet:
- Depth of the folds. In order to achieve visual airiness of the flowing fabric, it is necessary to position the grommets as close as possible to each other. This method is not suitable for curtain fabrics. Deep folds on any fabric give sophistication to the interior of a voluminous room, but can hide space in a small one, making it visually even smaller.
- The length of the curtains. If you position the cornice closer to the ceiling and hang curtains that occupy the entire height of the wall, the bedroom will look taller. Smooth waves give the interior an elegant finish. They can hang freely or even fall to the floor. For a modern minimalist or French Provence, a short organza curtain with a small number of grommets is suitable.
- The game of color. The top of the curtain can be decorated with a material of another shade or pattern, in harmony with the rest of the fabric elements: bedspread, pillows, lampshade or carpet. The original decision will be the grommets contrasting to the main color of the curtains.
- The combination of fabrics. To make the interior of the bedroom soft, they use tulle and similar translucent fabrics, combining them with thick fabrics such as blackout. It is permissible to combine several weightless fabrics, darkening the window using roller curtains of a suitable color.
- Making cornice. You can use a double one, or choose a smaller cornice for tulle with a different fastener, which will save space and not overload the interior. Some designers do without the eaves at all, stringing the grommets on a tight harness or fixing them on hooks mounted into the wall. The disadvantage of the latter method is that the curtains can not be moved.
- Additional elements. The eaves can be closed with a special box, decorating it in accordance with the requirements of the interior. So it will be possible to get a completely new image, while maintaining functionality and usability. One of the options for additions - for curtain holders of various materials. They can be combined in color with eyelets or other elements of decor and change the height of the location, each time updating the interior.
On the page you can see several photos of different designs of curtains on the grommet.
What else do you need to know?
- The diameter of the cornice should be less than 1.5-2 cm in diameter of the grommets used so that the rings slide freely when the curtains are moved.
- On the curtains need to have an even number of rings, so that the edge of the fabric on both sides was facing the wall.
- In a curtain of translucent material, it is necessary to seal the top with a strip of fabric in order to fasten the grommets.
- If the apartment does not have a separate bedroom, the curtains on the grommets help to separate the sleeping area. If necessary, they are easy to move to combine the room.
What styles are suitable for?
The curtains on the grommets in the bedroom give charm, charming at the same time simplicity and elegance. There are many options for combining color, texture and shape.
Made from expensive fabrics with ethnic motifs and gold trim, the curtains on the rings will perfectly complement the Moroccan and Oriental styles.
The eaves and fastenings from dark wood in combination with velvet curtains will emphasize the refinement of the Gothic interior. Properly selected color and irregularity of design will fit perfectly into the bedroom of expressionism style. Bold contrasts and original line geometry are suitable for the avant-garde, but plain curtains on the rings to the floor are appropriate to create a suitable background to other bright elements.
If you make a bedroom in the Baroque style, it is necessary to give preference to the bottom with decorative forging and curtains with fringe and gilded grommets, which can be made in the old style. This will help emphasize the pomp and luxury of the setting. Textiles should be made of natural fabrics, and the decor of the window and furniture in harmony with each other.
One of the modern styles - country - requires you to choose the cornice and grommets the color of wood, and natural fabric such as flax or cotton, which will give the interior a cozy “rustic” atmosphere, naturalness and comfort.
Fans of high-tech need to pay attention to the curtains, combined with the carpet, and transparent or the same shade grommets and the eaves, to observe the monochrome of the palette. When making the window you need to minimize the number and depth of the folds, using less eyelets. This will help open the space and emphasize the geometry of the interior.
Successful use of curtains on the grommet for the interior in the style of chebbi-chic. It is enough to use the elements with the effect of aging, the fabric of delicate pastel colors and the harmonious combination of all the decorative elements to emphasize its integrity.
Versatility allows the use of curtains on the grommet when interior design in any style, it all depends on the imagination and compliance with the basic signs of direction. For example, beautiful photos of curtains on the grommet in the bedroom.