Creating eclectic style in the interior
If you are a lover of warm colors and rustic motifs in the interior, but at the same time feel that the luxury of the Baroque style is also close to you and you would like to see it in your home, why not try to combine elements of each style and create something in common. Eclectic style in the interior allows you to do it as well as possible, will bring pleasure to the work, give freedom to creativity and reward you with a worthy result.
Eclecticism, as the style of the room, is usually chosen by people who are not ordinary, eccentric, who want to make their habitat unique. Despite the fact that this style implies a union of the immiscible, in reality this is not quite so. When it is embodied, more or less similar styles should be used: the Empire style combined with classical, modern and baroque, and the like.
Do not confuse eclecticism with the usual jumble of various elements from all sorts of styles. The interior is considered decorated in this image, if the realization of the conceived combined no more than three styles, they are united by one color and texture.
Photo: children's room in eclectic style
Characteristics and features
The eclectic style is characterized by the following features:
- Vertical, strict lines and rounded corners;
- Gilded frames of paintings and mirrors;
- Bright pillows and bedspreads for upholstered furniture, colorful carpets;
- Parquet floors and beautiful glass or crystal chandeliers;
- The combination of historical style with modern.
- The use of various small accessories that serve as unifying links of different styles.
The main feature, which differs eclectic style in the interior, is its compactness and functionality. These properties were borrowed from the modern style, popular in the early XX century. Decor items play a very important role in eclecticism. They are distinguished by curved and twisted lines, interesting shapes, ethnic motifs. Quilted upholstery and legs of unusual chiseled shape are characteristic of upholstered furniture.
Tip: use furniture decorated with wood carvings, chairs with openwork backs and patterns.
Photo: gilded mirror frame
Photo: black crystal chandelier in the bedroom interior
Photo: decorating the dining room with bright pillows and a rug
Surface decoration, color range
From this style breathes comfort and warmth. For eclectic walls, silk wallpaper and tile are most often used. The winning option in the eclectic style will be art painting painted on the walls. For the floor is good to use parquet and carpets with intricate patterns. The color scheme is diverse. Curtains, which are used in the decoration of windows, are distinguished by heavy textures with non-traditional patterns on fabrics. They are characterized by deep folds, draperies, gold cords. This is exactly the element in the interior where you can realize the most daring and original ideas.
Eclectic style is characterized by two-level ceilings. Besides the fact that this design looks very beautiful, it also adds space to the room. Not uncommon in the design of ceilings and stucco and other decorating elements that add to the decoration of the room of luxury and nobility.
To save space in the room, made in this design, quite often use built-in wardrobes and niches.
Eclecticism is characterized by a pure natural color palette. It can be both bright and pastel, but definitely should not be dull and boring. Prerequisite: the color must combine the details into one.
Tip: Do not use very bright colors where you plan to spend most of the time, it is better if they smoothly flow from one to another.
Photo: eclectic bedroom in the attic
Photo: Multi Level Ceiling Zoning
Tips for registration
- Collect. This style is ideal for those who like to collect antiques, visits auctions, constantly acquires something unusual at flea markets, or travels a lot and brings numerous souvenirs from trips. All these elements can advantageously fit into the interior.
- Trust the intuition, listen to the heart. Your personal feelings will be the best helpers in choosing furniture and various accessories. If you feel that you like a particular part of the interior, use it without hesitation, it will definitely decorate the design.
- Respect the proportions. You can combine completely different things, but in order for everything to look harmonious, they must be matched in proportion.
- Change the interior. One of the most important advantages of this style is the ability to make changes to it at any time. Add paint, change furniture, accessories, any other details.
- Stick to the order. The chaotic arrangement of interior items and accessories will lead to their inharmonious mixing.
- Focus on one element. Considering that there are many variants of this kind of design, you should choose a landmark and combine elements harmoniously around it.
Tip: Use the fireplace as such a central link or picture on the wall.
Actual "synthesized" designs are a reflection of our diverse life, which is filled with fashionable trends, different styles, ideas. Thanks to them, the apartment, the house come to life, endowed with special charm, originality. Also, such an interior will help reconcile the inhabitants of the house, if their tastes and preferences in styles do not match. Eclecticism will allow to equip a room in such a way, where everyone will find a corner for the soul. The only reason why it is necessary to ensure that the elements used do not contradict one another.