The door to the balcony and the loggia is used to divide the space in the apartment. Thanks to the doors, the housing is protected from cold air penetration.
Transparent doors are generally installed, so they are additional sources of daylight. As a rule, for the glazing of the door, glass is used as on window pane windows.
Types of doors
Doors are of two types:
- Separate. They are not connected to the windows.
- Combined. These are whole blocks representing a monolithic, connected system. In them
- the door can have a different position - right, left or middle.
In addition, depending on the method of opening, the doors differ as:
- Sliding doors to the balcony
- They can also be single-leaf and two-fold.
Door openings have certain standards. However, they may be revised during redevelopment or in newly built housing and apartment buildings.
The owners have the right to make out the doors leading to the balcony as you like. Modern versions can be made of various materials.
This applies, including glazing. Here are the options that are most common:
Transparent door, with one inserted glass. This view allows you to light up the room.
The door is divided into 2 parts by a jumper. Both parts are glazed, but the lower half is covered with the material from which the entire structure is made.
Materials for balcony doors
For the doors you can choose different materials. They differ in price, properties and quality.
PVC Such material perfectly combines durability and low price. Plastic doors to the balcony can last a very long time. In addition, these doors have excellent noise reduction and thermal insulation.
Temperature fluctuations have no effect on their service life. Of course, they are not the ideal of ecological cleanliness, but they do not cause any special damage during standard operation. The disadvantages include the standardized appearance and constant care for seals and fittings.
Aluminum. Very often lately there are balcony doors in this version. They are great for use, as they are very light, not very expensive and not flammable.
Aluminum is an environmentally friendly and durable material. The disadvantages include their low noise and heat insulation, as well as difficult to remove scratches and other damage from them.
Tree. Old wooden structures are very susceptible to heat and humidity. However, new, modern doors made of wood perfectly cope with any loads.
They are made of timber, which has resistance to warping, and its processing prevents the destruction of the material.
- Balcony floor - overview of the best design options + step by step instructions + photos
- Stained glass balcony - design on the mind! Variants of beautiful glazing +55 photos.
- Small balcony - charming and cozy design (88 photos)
These eco-friendly doors are perfect for any interior, because they look like natural wood. In addition, the tree has excellent thermal insulation qualities. The disadvantages include the high price. Natural materials are not cheap.
Glass. Glass doors to the balcony lack frame. They are made of thick (1 cm), tempered glass and fittings.
Glass is an environmentally friendly material, it looks great with any interior and visually enlarges the room. The disadvantages are that special glass makes the design very expensive. In addition, glass does not isolate noise and heat very well.
Balcony doors and loggia doors are supplied with fittings that provide opening and closing of the structure. It ensures that the doorframe is pressed all over the frame. Here are the components it has:
- Single or double sided swivel handle. The door can be opened in one or both directions.
- Often the handles are equipped with a lock so that children cannot open them.
- Stationary pen. It is located on the side of the loggia and is used from the inside.
- Balcony latch. Allows you to hold the door in the closed position.
- Decorative overlays. They hide metal elements of fittings.
Here are the types of doors you can install at home. The design of the doors to the balcony can be varied, and the materials from which they are made, the owners choose their own.
It all depends on personal preferences and what you can afford. In the absence of ideas, photos of the doors to the balcony can be found on our website.
- Loggia design - 45 photos of amazing design options
- Balcony in Khrushchev - planning a comfortable design for a small balcony (75 photos)
- Small Loggia - 84 photos of the best ways to conveniently arrange
Photos of the doors to the balcony
- Balcony clapboard trim is a popular idea for a durable interior +79 beautiful photos
- Kitchen on the balcony: 85 photos of the best decisions of designers on registration of a loggia
- Flowers on the balcony - an overview of the best species blooming all summer! 75 photo options!