In modern city apartments, the child is assigned the smallest room. In the nursery, the baby is resting, sleeping, playing and learning. Parents should provide him with all the comfortable conditions for full growth and development. In a small room to create them difficult. Professional designers who work repeatedly with small apartments can give a number of important tips on the design and arrangement of a small room designed for a child. Guided by them, parents will be able to create a beautiful and functional design of a children's small room for a girl.
Even in a small space, you can equip a cozy and bright room for a girl.
When choosing colors for finishing, preference should be given to light pastel tones. They visually increase the size of a small room, create a calm atmosphere.
For a small child it is better to choose a monochromatic coating or with a dim small pattern. Large patterns and colorful images are recommended for decoration of one wall - accent.
Tip! Choosing the main colors of the interior must take into account not only the sex and age, but also the temperament of the child. So, for example, green color has a calming effect on a person, and red - exciting.
Delicate and soft pink color can be turned into a bright and stylish.
For walls fit:
- Paint. Water-based paints are safe for children's bodies. After drying, the surface of the walls can be wiped with a damp cloth. If the child paints the walls, in order to remove the drawings it will be enough to apply a new coat of paint.
- Decorative plaster. With it, you can create an original design. After applying the plaster, the walls can be varnished so that dirt is washed off their surface.
- Wallpaper. The best option is simple paper wallpaper. They consist of environmentally friendly materials. It is impossible to erase the drawings depicted by a felt-tip pen or paints from paper wallpapers, but due to the low price, they can be changed frequently.
Painted walls are perfectly combined with the wall with paper wallpaper.
Vinyl wallpapers are not suitable for a nursery for two reasons:
- They do not allow air;
- Pieces of foamed vinyl can be easily torn off with baby hands and put in your mouth.
An interesting variant of the children's decoration is the sticking of coloring wallpaper that develops creative inclinations. On this wall canvas depicts a black and white outline of the drawing, and the child should already paint it with felt-tip pens or pencils.
Interior room girls with wallpaper coloring
On the floor is to lay a coating of natural materials. The best options are:
- Bung. This warm and durable material softens shocks, absorbs noise, is not afraid of moisture. It is perfect for the nursery.
- Parquet. Natural wood is an eco-friendly, beautiful and warm material, but demanding to care. Parquet is afraid of shock, scratches and moisture.
- Carpet. Soft and warm material accumulates dust and can cause allergies. Carpet is recommended not to use on the whole area of the room, but only in the area of the playing area.
- Laminate. You should choose models that imitate natural wood not only externally, but also to the touch. The surface of the laminated boards should be rough. Children love active games, and on a smooth floor it is easy to slip.
Cork floors are ideal for children's room
White color - universal for the ceiling. If desired, you can use any calm shades in the nursery: milky, cream, apricot, light cornflower blue, pale pink. Bright patterns will visually make the ceilings lower.
Multi-level plasterboard design in conjunction with a glossy stretch ceiling, visually lift the space
For ceiling work it is recommended to use:
- Water based paint. Apply the dye should be on a flat surface. In order not to waste time on smoothing out small flaws, it is worthwhile to install a painting glass fiber. It is safe, hypoallergenic and hides small defects.
- Drywall With this safe material you can make a perfectly flat ceiling or build a multi-level structure. This option is recommended for use only in those rooms where high ceilings.
- Wallpaper. On the ceiling of the nursery, you will look beautiful at the wall-paper with the image of the cosmos, blue sky, treetops with green or yellow foliage.
Drawing a starry sky or clouds will relax the child, helping to fall asleep.
A small room can not be cluttered with lots of furniture. Let the child have more free space for games.
In the nursery there should be a comfortable bed corresponding in size to the age of the child. In a small room you can install a sleek bed made of metal or wood, without any decorations. To rationally use the space, you can put:
- Folding sofa. When assembled, it will take up little space. This option may be suitable for a room of a boy or a teenage girl. It is necessary to take into account that with regular folding the sofa mechanism will wear out a lot.
- Loft bed. The lower tier of a bed can take a wardrobe, table or sofa. Before purchasing a loft bed, you should discuss this with your child. If the baby is afraid of heights, he will not be able to sleep on the “second floor”.
- Roll out bed. If two children live in a small room, one bed can be built into the other. During the day it will seem that there is only one bed in the room, but a tall one. An interesting option is the rational use of space - embedding the bed in the podium. At night, such a bed is being rolled out of the catwalk, and in the morning they are rolled back. During the day there is a lot of free space in the room. On the podium, you can organize training or playing area. Options for children's furniture for a small room girls can be viewed on the photo.
A bunk bed will leave plenty of room for games.
The child needs a place to learn reading and writing, drawing, sculpting figures from clay. A small plastic table with a chair is suitable for a preschooler. The student needs a full-fledged desk and a comfortable chair with adjustable height.
A desk in the room of a schoolgirl girl
You should not install massive furniture in a small children's room. It is better to choose one of these options:
- Transformer. From a small coffee table, such a model can easily turn into a large work surface.
- Combination with a window sill. Under the sill, you can install a bedside table with drawers or several shelves.
It is necessary to take into account that there will be a personal computer on the table, which should not interfere with decomposed notebooks and textbooks.
Every object or thing in a small room should have its place. Girls and boys from childhood must be taught to order. In the nursery it is recommended to install:
- Wardrobe. In the room of the newborn it is not needed. All things baby fit in the chest. But a child from 3 years old needs a wardrobe. Modern sliding wardrobes differ in spaciousness and small dimensions.
- Shelving or wall-mounted shelves for books, soft toys, dolls, various decorative items. The shelves must be located at such a height that the child can independently get their contents.
- Chest of drawers for toys. In a small room you can put a cheap and compact chest of drawers from bright plastic, but it has a serious drawback - poor quality. An alternative to a dresser can be special boxes or baskets for toys. Photos of furniture in a small children's room for a boy can be seen below.
The location of the furniture depends on the shape of the small room:
- If the nursery has a square shape, then the desk is placed by the window, and the bed and the closet along the walls on the sides of the table. The remaining free space will occupy the wall wall, dressing table, dresser or shelving.
- In a rectangular nursery, wide pieces of furniture are arranged along narrow walls. If the window is on a short wall, then under it should be placed a bed, a low chest of drawers or a cabinet. It is recommended to arrange high elements along long walls, for example, cabinets. If the window opening is located on a narrow wall, then it should be decorated with curtains with horizontal folds, stripes or patterns. For a window mounted on a long wall, suitable curtains with a vertical pattern.
- In the process of developing the design of children's custom layout will have to show imagination. For example, using drywall, you can make beautiful niches with shelves and lighting. For a comfortable arrangement of such a nursery, you may have to make some furniture to order for individual parameters.
In the process of registration of window openings for children, it is necessary to choose light and natural fabrics. The curtains of cotton, linen, chintz will look good on the windows of a small room. You can install blinds or roman blinds. They occupy a minimum of space, but due to their concise appearance they are not suitable for any interior.
As a decor in the men's nursery, you can use models of cars and ships, placed on open shelves, footballs. Beautiful will look model aircraft hanging from the ceiling or suspended from the walls of the guitar. In the play area you can put a children's tent.
The girl's room can be decorated with stars hanging from the ceiling, porcelain dolls, plush toys, throw pillows, mirrors.
The choice of style depends entirely on the tastes of the nursery dweller, his interests and age. At the same time, parents need to combine the baby’s desires and functionality in the interior.
Making out the nursery in which the girl will live, it is recommended to use pink, yellow, peach, cream, lilac, blue tones. When creating a themed interior, you should take into account the fact that the girl will soon grow up and her cartoonish images can get bored.
Creating an atmosphere of a French country house is a good idea for a small girl’s room. The interior of Provence style looks gentle, feminine, romantic. This is facilitated by the use of soft pastel tones: pale lilac, pale pink, light blue, refreshing mint and warm beige.
Walls should be decorated with wallpaper: monophonic, with a floral pattern or stripes. One of the walls can be distinguished with wallpaper depicting a lavender field, a quiet village courtyard with a blossoming lilac. A bed, a bedside table, a wardrobe and a table with a chair should be made of bleached wood. The furniture should be comfortable and beautiful, with carvings and chamfers.
The main decorative element of Provence is textiles: curtains, bedspreads, tablecloths, napkins. He can also be with a floral pattern. In addition to the fabric, porcelain dolls, flower slides, soft toys can serve as interior decorations. In the room of a teenage girl, there will be a beautiful dressing table and a display cabinet, behind the glass doors of which you can store jewelry boxes and other beautiful objects. The interior of a small children's room for a girl in Provence style can be seen in the photo.
The room, decorated in the style of the northern peoples, should be comfortable and bright to please the girl. The main color of the Scandinavian nursery is white. That it is used in the decoration of walls and ceilings. Vertical surfaces are usually covered with paint or wood panels. Bleached or light brown wood boards are laid on the floor. All furniture should be simple, but durable, solid and practical.
For the interior décor they use bright elements: multicolored paper balls hung on the ceiling, books on the shelves, green carpet imitating grass, flags, bed linen of rich colors, photographs, curtains.
What girl doesn't want to feel like a princess? Room decoration in a fabulous theme depends on the characters that the girl likes. There are several most popular options:
- Cold heart. The girl's room is made out predominantly in the cold white and blue tones. Small details of the interior, for example, carpet and curtains, can be chosen in violet and lilac colors. One of the walls should be decorated with photo wallpaper with a scene from the cartoon. For the room you can pick up bed linen, bedspread, towel, handbags, posters with images of the main characters of the fairy tale.
- Princess. The main feature of the room of a small princess is an abundance of pink tones. They can be combined with white and blue colors. In the child's girl there must be a lock in the form of: a stylized bed, a game tent or an image on the wall. Complement the interior with a wall-paper with the image of Disney princesses, magical animals in a sunny meadow or a carriage with horses and a prince.
- Mermaid. You can put a bed in the form of a shell, stick wallpaper with the landscape of the underwater world, vinyl stickers with tropical fish. On furniture, curtains and bedding will be appropriate images of scenes from the cartoon about the little mermaid Ariel. At registration of the room of the girl it is worth using blue, turquoise, azure tones.
Selecting the appropriate style or theme of the interior, it is important to consider the temperament of the boy. If it is quiet and calm, loves to learn, is interested in electronics, then modern interior styles will suit it. The themed room design will appeal to active and restless guys. For them, it is recommended to put a Swedish wall, an attic bed with a slide, a rope and a climbing wall if the room remains for that.
The interior in the maritime style is characterized by an abundance of white and blue gamut and thematic accessories. Making a small nursery for a boy, it is necessary to make the main color exactly white, in order to visually expand the space. For the walls are suitable wallpaper white or light blue colors. The creation of the necessary atmosphere will be facilitated by properly selected wallpapers with the image of a sea island and a palm tree or a ship sailing through the ocean. Curtains, carpet and individual pieces of furniture is better to choose light shades of blue: azure, sky blue, cornflower.
The boy will be delighted if a bed, stylized as a sea ship, is installed in his room. In order for the baby to feel like a real captain, it is not necessary to purchase expensive furniture. The main element of the ship - the wheel can be attached independently, or at least draw it. Showing imagination over the bed, you can hang up a canopy imitating the sails, and stick stickers in the form of portholes along the hull.
When decorating the room do not forget about pirate paraphernalia: crossed swords, flags with a skull and bones, vintage chests, pirate hats. You can dilute the white and blue interior with the help of red in the form of: stripes on the life preserver, cornice for curtains, decorative pillows or soft shapeless ottomans.
As in the maritime theme, white-blue-red colors predominate in the English style. They are diluted with gray, brick, green, cream shades. This style is more suitable for teenagers or younger children who have begun to learn a foreign language.
Wooden panels or wallpapers with stripes and heraldic figures will be suitable for the decoration of a child’s boy. Vinyl stickers with English letters or whole words can be stuck on the walls. You can also arrange and curtains. Photowall-paper with the image of London in the evening, Tower Bridge, Big Ben will help to plunge into the English atmosphere.
If you approach the design of the room radically, then you can install a bed in the children's loft in the form of a double-decker bus, stylize a pencil case or a doorway under the red phone booth. The image of the English flag can be used everywhere: in the design of textiles, on the walls in the form of posters, on the floor in the form of a carpet. The interior of a small children's room for a boy in the English style can be seen in the photo.
The bed machine installed in his room will be the pride of any boy. To date, these beds are sold in all furniture stores in a wide range of colors: red, blue, gray, white, black, green and pink (for girls). But the most popular option is imitation of a red racing car. The rest of the furniture is selected for the color of the bed.
For walls it is better to use a monochromatic coating: light gray, blue, white, cream. One wall can be identified photo wallpaper with the image of sports cars.
Checkered flags, wall clocks and mirrors made in the form of tires, posters with images of characters from the “Cars” cartoon are used as decorative elements.
Installing only the necessary furniture and the choice of bright colors - these are the basic rules for creating a cozy interior of a nursery with a small area. Having shown imagination, parents can restraint and elegantly or brightly and in an original way design the room of their children. Success in the design of design depends on how the interior will embody the desires and dreams of the child.