A room designed for children is not only a place for the flight of fantasy and children's creativity, but also a parent.
When creating this room, the focus is on the brightness of accents and simplicity, since complex styles in this case will be clearly irrelevant.
For mom, creating curtain compositions is an extremely difficult task, since in addition to the stylistic decision, it is important to choose such material for curtains so that they can easily be not only washed, but also ironed.
Many models of curtains in the nursery, you can easily create your own hands.
Features of color and texture
When choosing the most suitable option for curtains in the nursery, you should listen to the desires of the child, provided, of course, that this is generally possible.
If this is not possible, then you can resort to the recommendations of children's psychologists.
What is it for? For example, the choice of color solution carries a considerable value, especially since the child will spend a considerable amount of time in this room.
Some shades can have a stimulating effect, while others, on the contrary, help to reduce the activity of the child. Consider the most popular colors:
- red - as a monotonous option is not recommended as it has a stimulating
- exposure, but the elements of this color are quite the place to be;
- blue - makes the space dark, it is better to resort to the use of clarified shades, even when creating a marine theme;
- green is the best option, has a calming effect, helps to concentrate on certain points or objects;
- yellow - the color of cheerfulness, if the child has increased activity, then you can make a combination of this color with green;
- orange - differs in brightness, however it is better to use it in combination with other shades;
It is important to note that the presence of dark shades in no case should be.
This is due to the fact that they have the ability to inhibit activity and attention, especially in childhood.
As for the material, in this case it is recommended to give preference to natural, for example, cotton, flax, especially since these varieties can be easily washed.
The process of creating curtains
In search of the most suitable variant of curtains, it is better to stop on the one that can be modified if necessary and desired.
What is it for? First of all, in order that the child does not yet have clearly defined taste preferences, specific hobbies or color ideals.
Thus, design decisions should be budgetary and have the ability to change at any desired moment. In this case, this element can be drapes.
As a basis, it is better to dwell on a simple style, approximately the same plan as shown in the photo of curtains for a nursery, and even a pattern will not be required to create it.
- The combined curtains: a photo of two-color design of modern curtains
- Green curtains - options for a calm and cozy design (88 photos)
- Curtains in the bedroom - the most stylish design options (110 photos)
The sequence of actions will be as follows:
- the dimensions of the window space are measured;
- the amount of material required is determined;
- it is recommended to wet and iron the fabric in advance so that it does not collapse further;
- make cutting;
- make a hemming.
Unusual ideas for modifying curtains
All the options presented below do not require any special expenses, a large amount of time spent. Only a little hard work and patience in creating the design of curtains in the nursery.
You can use the following method. A band is attached to the upper edge (better if it is wide), for a girl it can be ornaments in the form of flowers, and curtains in the nursery for a boy can be purchased in a nautical style.
On the upper part you can fasten bows of ribbons, and they can be both color and one color solution.
For the boy’s room, instead of rings, for which the curtain itself is attached, you can use special loops resembling buckles from braces, but sea curtains in the nursery are considered the most popular option.
Monochrome material can be embroidered with buttons or simply pasted, and children can help you with this. In this case, it is better to choose short curtains in the nursery.
- Curtains on the balcony - what to choose? Review of popular new products in 2017 +100 photos!
- Turquoise curtains - how to choose and combine. 90 photos of design!
- Chocolate curtains - 55 photos of an unusual embodiment in the interior!
Another good option could be a curtain that resembles a starry sky. To create this option, you can use roller blinds in the nursery.
In this case, it is better to purchase a dense material, and that its texture was minimally transparent, otherwise the effect simply will not work.
Photos of curtains in the nursery
- How to make curtains in the interior? Useful recommendations +80 photos!
- Classic curtains in the interior - an elegant and cozy design (105 photos)
- Fashionable curtains - a stylish and modern design (65 photos)