Children's is a child’s own world in which it grows and develops. The decor of the room should create conditions for both relaxation and cognitive activity. One of the important elements of the interior are curtains. They can be a harmonious addition to the design or its highlight. Curtains in the nursery. It is necessary to choose carefully, not only in appearance, but also in quality.
Curtains should not only protect from the sun and fit well into the overall interior, but also help create a special world in the nursery.
Curtain requirements for nursery
In the process of choosing curtains for the design of a children's room window, it is necessary to consider the following important indicators:
- Environmental friendliness. Curtains for a child's room should be made of high-quality natural fabric, for example, flax, viscose or cotton. They are not electrified, pleasant to the touch, have an affordable price. Expensive fabric is not advisable to use in the nursery, as a small child can easily spoil it.
- Practicality. A small child may stain curtains, for example, with paint, ink, and clay. The material should be easy to clean and iron, dry quickly. The possibility of machine wash will noticeably make life easier for mom.
- Color spectrum. For the nursery it is recommended to select light warm colors. Dark colors can make a room gloomy, and too bright will distract attention from other interior elements. Photos of successful window decoration in the nursery are presented below.
- Dimness Preschool children sleep during the day, the fabric on the windows should provide a darkening of the room. Tulle can not cope with this task, so it is combined with a more dense curtain.
For the children's room is better to choose curtains from natural materials.
Tip! When choosing the length of the curtains should take into account the size of the window opening and free space on the wall.
The choice of the type of curtains is strictly individual, depending on personal preferences and usability.
The use of traditional flat curtains is the most common option for window decoration in all rooms, incl. and nursery. They can be long, to the floor, or short, to the window sill. Variants of classic curtains in the nursery are presented in the photo.
Curtains of classic straight cut are more often decorated with hooks.
Classic curtains in the nursery can be decorated:
- Grabs. In the shops you can see a large assortment of these accessories, of different colors and shapes. To add zest to the interior of the nursery, you can use soft toys as grabs. To do this, they are sewn gum and buttons. So a bunny or a bear hugging a curtain looks very cute.
- Lambrequins. Strict and tough for men's nursery, soft and fluffy - for women. Images of blue sky and white clouds, bunnies, hand-drawn tracks and cars on it, scenes from children's cartoons, for example, Winnie the Pooh, will look beautiful on a hard lambrequin. Lambrequins can be one tone with curtains or in a contrasting color, with a pattern or monophonic.
- Applique. As applications, there can be images of birds, animals, flowers, ships, cars and other things.
The top of the curtains can be decorated with flowers made from the same fabric.
Tip! Portieres from dense heavy fabric, for example, brocade, look rich, but massive. They clutter up the interior, visually reduce the space and make the room darker, so they should not be used in the nursery.
The ideal option for the nursery - Roman blinds. Their advantages include:
- A harmonious combination with tulle or curtains of any other type.
- Versatility. They are suitable for any interior.
- Easy cleaning. They are wiped from dust with a damp cloth, washed in a typewriter.
- Easy operation. The child can independently use the lifting mechanism. Curtains can be installed at any height, for example, above the window sill. So they will protect from the sunlight falling from above, and at the same time allow the child to look out the window or play, spreading the toys on the windowsill. Photos of the Roman curtains in the nursery can be seen below.
Roman curtains in the nursery very well with curtains straight cut
Roller blinds are very similar to Roman. They are just as dense, they also rise upwards and are able to fit into any interior. The main difference is the lifting mechanism: the Roman curtains at the lift are collected in smooth horizontal folds, and the roll curtains are wound on a roller. Photos of roller blinds for the children's room are presented below.
Roller blinds are great for rooms facing the sunny side.
When choosing a curtain design, it is necessary to take into account the age and sex of the child, his personal preferences, as well as the style and color scheme of the rest of the interior elements.
The choice of colors for curtains depends on the age of the child:
- From 0 to 3 years. Newborns are not interested in their surroundings, so when they design their interior, parents can be guided by their tastes. Better to curtains in the baby's room were calm pastel color.
- From 3 to 7 years. Preschool children are actively exploring the world around them, so curtains with bright appliqués, pictures of animals or characters of children's cartoons will suit them.
- From 7 to 13 years. The material intended for the design of the room of the student, it is worth choosing along with him. The plot of the image can be heroes of your favorite movies and cartoons or hobbies (for example, ships). You can choose monochrome curtains for the student's room and decorate them with bright figured elements, for example, lambrequins in the form of stars or clouds. The design of the curtains for the children's room in which the student lives can be seen in the photo.
- From 13 to 16 years. Choosing curtains for a teenager's room, you should take into account his interests and preferences, but do not forget about practicality. Teenagers fit monochromatic curtains, gradient (with a transition of colors) or with an abstract pattern.
For a newborn's room it is better to pick up curtains from natural materials, delicate, pastel shades.
- Red is the active color that encourages action. It is necessary for the room of a quiet, calm, dreamy child. A large amount of red can cause irritation and aggression, so it should be used in drawing curtains in small quantities.
- Green. Most of its shades contribute to peace. Green curtains should be selected for the hyperactive, restless baby room.
- Yellow - universal color, sunny and warm, helps to elevate mood. In pastel colors, curtains will look good not only in the girl’s room, but also in the boy. It is shades of yellow are recommended for use for rooms with windows facing north.
- Blue. Shades of blue are able to refresh the room. Blue or blue curtains are suitable for rooms with windows located on the south side.
The green color of the curtains helps to create a soothing atmosphere in the nursery.
Design of curtains for the girl's room
Curtains in the nursery, where the girl lives, should be gentle, romantic. Ruffles, pelmets, laces, flounces, frills give a special feminine atmosphere. The most suitable colors: peach, pink, lilac, apricot, cream. Beautiful Roman curtains in the nursery for girls can be seen in the photo.
Roman curtains can be created from bright fabric with applique
- Princesses. Curtains can be pink and monotonous, but always lush. Beautifully look images of Disney princesses on the fabric.
- Fairytale house. Curtains can imitate the jungle or fairy forest, so one of the shades of green is selected for them. Images of trees, waterfalls, lakes, fairies will complement the fabulous interior.
- Romance. Images of hearts and butterflies look very feminine.
- Floristics. Flower curtains are a versatile option for most girls.
- Sea. For the girls fit curtains with the image of the sea beach, islands, mermaids, etc.
The most favorite color of girls is pink, so you can use all shades of this color when decorating the window.
Attention! The size of the print on the curtains should correspond to the area of the room. Large drawings in a small children's room will draw all attention to themselves, the other elements of the interior will not be so noticeable.
Selection of curtains in the boy's room
Usually for windows in the room of the future men pick a canvas of blue, green or blue hue. The main thing is that the cold shades in the interior should be diluted with warm shades: beige, creamy, brown.
laconic blue striped curtains will be an excellent choice for a tiny baby's room
Often the boy’s room is decorated in a specific theme that corresponds to the interests of the child. In such a situation, the design of curtains depends on the chosen theme:
- Cars, motorcycles. The material can be depicted racing cars, buses, cartoon characters "Cars", etc. if cars are a theme mostly for kids, then teenagers choose motorcycles. Motorcycle images are usually realistic photo printing.
- Sea. For the decoration of the windows in the sea interior, monochromatic material of turquoise color or a beautiful gradient fabric will be suitable. For kids, you can choose curtains with the image of the underwater world of Spach Bob or the fish Nemo. Photo printing of the real underwater landscape will look beautiful.
- Pirates. To create a pirate atmosphere suitable images of ships, dolphins, anchors, pirate flags, treasure maps. Curtains with white and blue stripes like a sea vest will fit organically into the interior. Instead of grabs, you can use the marine cable. Dried starfish and shells will look beautiful. They can be attached to the hooks or hang on the eaves on the threads. Part of the pirate style will be lambrequins in the form of sails.
- Western. The windows will be decorated with sand-colored canvases depicting cowboy hats, horses, revolvers, sheriff stars, silhouettes of cowboys on horseback.
- Space. To obtain a mysterious cosmic atmosphere, canvases with the image of a starry sky, planets, asteroids, the Milky Way will do.
- Sport. Images of football and volleyball balls, football fields, silhouettes of athletes, etc. will look good in the room of a sports boy.
- Cartoons and movies. The plot for curtains can be heroes from the cartoon “Paw Patrol”, “Ice Age”, the films “Spiderman”, “Batman”, “Transformers”, etc.
Curtains with the image of the underwater world perfectly complement the children's maritime theme.
Curtains need not be with drawings. You can add a themed interior with monochromatic textiles, for example, blue for pirate interior, red - for the style with racing cars, etc.
Plain curtains can perfectly complement the theme of the room
Curtains with geometric patterns, abstraction, horizontal or vertical stripes, and a Scottish cage are suitable for a teenage boy’s room. In the interior of the future men harmoniously fit the curtains of khaki or denim shades. Variants of Roman curtains in the nursery for the boy are presented in the photo.
Stylish Roman curtains with geometric patterns for a boy's room.
Thus, taking into account the interests of the child, his gender and age, parents can choose the most suitable curtains for the nursery. The most important thing when choosing curtains is to pay attention not only to their design, but also to practical properties. Curtains for the nursery should be from a natural material that does not cause allergies and is easy to clean. They must perform not only a decorative role, but also their main function - protection from the sun's rays.