Children of three or more years should not have the same beds as their parents - without boards.
We suggest you read this article, where you will learn more about all cots with sides.
Bumpers for a child from two years
After giving birth, parents try to create a comfortable and cozy atmosphere, choosing beautiful beds. But after the child turns three years old, you should already take care of his future dream.
Up to two years, the child in the crib not only sleeps, but also plays with his toys, crawls.
And when it becomes older, the bed is only needed for sleeping, since it will play with its toys in a more spacious space.
From this point, you might think that the bumpers are no longer needed, but this is not at all the case. Because:
Having a bunk bed, you just need to attach bumpers for the safety of the second child, even if he sleeps without moving.
For teens, this is also important, as they protect your child from falling. Also sides can perfectly serve for rise.
For the first tier and for other simple bed, the sides will not be superfluous either. Although falling from such a bed will not be as painful as from the second tier, but any fall can greatly scare.
Bumpers help to fall asleep. If the child is small, he, of course, likes to look at everything and touch.
In order that it was not so possible to attach a side that will not distract the kid with toys or books that lie nearby, and this will help him fall asleep faster. Read here! Furniture IKEA: TOP-100 photos of fashionable options from the latest catalog
The sides also fix the mattress well with the sheet, and it helps a lot, especially for a small child.
The sides can be decorated with the child’s favorite toys, with which he will share the day before bed.
New models of the sides have a small addition, where you can store your important little things to your child. Consider a few photos of cots with sides that will help you make the right choice:
In addition to the pros, there are also a few drawbacks:
- During sleep, the child may accidentally hit the side.
- If you choose the sides with the distance of the rails less than 4 cm, then there is a big risk that the baby’s hand might just be stuck there.
- If you choose too large sides, it will interfere with the ventilation of the bed.
- When choosing substandard boards, they can quickly break, and then you have to buy them again or the whole bed.
- Some children do not like to sleep completely closed from the space.
Choice of soft sides
Soft sides are characterized by a stretched fabric, which in most cases is filled with paralon.
- Kitchen corner - what to choose? 100 photos of the best new products in the interior!
- Playpen: how to choose? Photo review of the best new designs!
- Cots for newborns - choose wisely! 100 photos of the best new designs!
Although these sides look very attractive, but they will not be able to fully protect your child.
Therefore, if you like this option sides, then it can only be used as a decoration for the bed.
Solid sides for the bed
When choosing a cot + with a board + from 2 years old, you should pay your attention to solid sides, which are mainly made from wood, plastic and even from metal.
For bed ventilation it is better to choose not solid ribs, but several combined battens. It can be various sides of the car or carriage, favorite characters from cartoons.
Hard base soft sides
An excellent choice are soft sides with a solid base. So it can be a plastic or wooden side, upholstered in soft paralon.
This not only will not injure the child, but is also more durable than fabric. The only disadvantage is the accumulation of dust, so it is not advisable to use them for small children.
- Upholstered furniture - a review of popular new products from the catalog of 2017! (85 photos of ideas)
- Sofa in the interior - recommendations for choosing when buying (80 photos)
- Gray sofa: how to choose and with what to combine (90 photos of new products)
For newborns and up to three years, it is better to choose a classic crib + with high sides.
And for seniors, it’s better with not very big ones, so that they are not an obstacle to going to the toilet or the pot by yourself.
For small children, during the period of teething, get silicone lining on the sides, which will be able to serve as a protection against shocks in the future.
Photos of cots with sides
- Sofa transformer: review of the best models from the catalog of 2017
- Desk for the student - what to choose? Photo review of popular models!
- Table book in the interior - real photos of the best models (2017 design)