Features of classicism in the interior
Classicism in the interior - an elegant, controversial, strict interior, slightly different from the Baroque style. People with a high social status are inclined to design the interior in the style of classicism. Exotic patterns, “flashy” coloring, non-standard accessories are not welcomed by this style.
The features of classicism as a style include:
- interior coloring (mainly brown, white, black, beige palettes are used). Less common is yellow, blue and red. Decorated rooms "golden" finish.
- even, made in one color, walls (decorations are not used, decorating walls with expensive fabrics is welcomed).
- plastered or stuccoed ceiling with a subtle hint of antiquity.
- parquet floor of valuable wood.
- expensive furniture with high-quality upholstery (leather, velvet). The carved wooden furniture executed by gilding is highly appreciated.
- high-quality lighting (bronze candlesticks and massive crystal chandeliers look great in the interior).
- exclusive decorative elements (look great as an accessory shelves for books, columns, beautiful carpets, decorative porcelain trinkets, paintings, photos, mirrors, fireplaces).
Photo: massive crystal chandelier will emphasize the features of classicism style.
Traits of classicism style
The classicism style in the interior is the limit of grace, grace, grandeur and triumph. This style never goes out of fashion, while maintaining its popularity.
Tip: in classicism, it is important to adhere to the three golden rules: symmetry of details in the interior, functional practicality and accuracy of the interior elements and the desire for luxury and wealth in decoration.
Classicism in the interior is an element of imitation of ancient ideals and the inheritance of interiors, often caught the eye of photo styles of 17-19 centuries. Suitable for interior decoration of high-rise buildings and palaces. The style is characterized by high-quality materials, precise geometry, refined decoration, and restraint.
The main features of classicism are:
- smooth surface of the walls with a soft decor in the form of floral motifs;
- the presence of columns and elements of antiquity;
- exquisite stucco;
- original modern parquet;
- textile based wallpaper;
- expensive graceful furniture.
Photo: decorating the ceiling with stucco
Luxurious multi-level suspended functional ceilings are welcome. They became popular not so long ago, but already managed to win a worthy place in the market. For rooms of palaces, villas, apartments of classical style are ideal, as evidenced by the charm, beautiful refined cut.
In the style of classicism, it is necessary to have stucco in the form of elegant baguettes, non-standard cornices, friezes, carefully chosen for non-standard interiors. Fretwork forms a general impression of the atmosphere of the entire home.
Not constant use of arcades and columns is due to the fact that it depends on the size of the room. Despite the fact that the interior is important the presence of architectural elements of antiquity, they must be used with extreme caution.
For classicism is characterized by expensive wooden furniture with original inlays. As accessories, decorating elements made of precious stones and curls are not allowed here. On the upholstery of furniture you can find colorful floral ornaments and noble monograms.
Special attention should be paid to the decoration of window openings. Originally looks velvet, brocade, silk finish, and also massive curtains with ornaments in the form of curled cords with tassels of gold color at the ends are welcomed.
The heart of the style of classicism has always been and remains a fireplace. Decorated with forging, carving, stucco, tiles, it becomes the "center" of the room in the general interior.
Photo: fireplace in the interior of the living room style classicism
The interior in the style of classicism is the correctness of the forms, the calm and solidity of the interior. The lack of design congestion, excessiveness, sharpness speaks of the refined taste of the owners, of the respectability and restraint of the interior of the dwelling.
Having made the decision to design a room in the classicism style, one cannot lose, since it is common for the classics to be “in the center” of fashion.