Two girls in a family usually live in the same room - no matter how old they are, what each likes. Therefore, a room for two girls needs to be made multi-functional, taking into account the interests and tastes of each little sister, which can differ markedly with the difference in years.
Children's for two young ladies should be bright, spacious, comfortable and functional.
Features of the nursery for 2 girls
No matter what size children's room for girls, which they will divide into two, here we need two places for a night's sleep, the rest of the areas - training, games, storage area can be made common. However, you need to consider:
- The age of both girls, the difference between them - the baby has a lot of toys that need to be stored somewhere, the teenage girl has a lot of school supplies and clothes.
- Interests of the sisters - one is interested in music, the other - drawing. Therefore, in the room you need to place the music center or piano and easel.
- The eldest guests often come: you need a place where girls can comfortably sit.
The table between children's beds perfectly zoned the room and gives personal space
It is such a difficult task before the parents of the sisters: to combine everything they need, to create a comfortable space - an ergonomic beautiful interior design of the children's room for two girls.
A two-level bed in the nursery will leave a lot of room for study and play.
The main zones are allocated in the children's room, intended for two girls: night sleep, games (for girls, schoolgirls it can be a creative zone, a hobby), a storage area, a learning zone. This allocation should take into account the interests, characteristics of both children.
To begin planning the design of a nursery for two girls you need from her. Two full beds should be made separate. If space permits in a room, it is better to purchase two identical beds - there will be no dispute over whom it is more beautiful. Yes, and 2 identical elements in the room will create a symmetry. Beds can be arranged in several ways:
- Parallel to each other to different walls or perpendicular to one wall;
- Headboard to headboard along one wall;
- Perpendicular to each other.
Palace style bedroom of two princesses can look very stylish and modern
You can divide the girls' sleeping places with a small partition, an open rack between the beds, canopies - in this case, each girl will have a cozy nest where she can feel like a real princess. The photo shows how to equip a bedroom for two girls.
If there is no possibility to divide the sleeping places of girls, you can use canopies over the headboard
If the room is small, and the placement of two beds (and you still need a wardrobe, bookshelves, a desk for study!) Becomes problematic, you can consider the following options:
- One bed from which the lower berth rolls out. On the day it rolls and is not visible. This option will remain comfortable even when the elder girl becomes a student and studies in another city - during her arrival she will have a full-fledged sleeping place, which is not necessary on other days.
- A bunk bed is a popular option, but is only welcomed when the ceiling height allows you to place such furniture without harming your health. In ordinary apartments, where the ceiling height is not more than 2.5-2.7 meters, there can be a lack of oxygen on the upper tier.
- A folding bed that turns into a closet wall for a day. Its disadvantage is a considerable weight: it is dangerous for little girls to throw it away on their own.
Bunk bed saves space in the nursery
During the daytime you can hide the sleep area altogether by making a catwalk: at night the beds roll out from under it. On the podium is equipped with a game or training area.
Training tables are better placed closer to the window - sunlight will increase time
Place for school lessons need every girl. If a room is issued for two girls of different ages, you will have to put two full-fledged tables for classes with shelves for educational books, writing-boxes. They can be placed along the window, next to each other, or placed so that they adjoin each other with angles. Place the shelves on the adjacent walls and in the corner.
Bay window - a great place for arranging a school desk in the nursery.
If the girls have one computer for two, set it in a corner so that each sister can use it.
If there is only one schoolgirl in the house, you can get by with one table, and the youngest can buy a growing desk or a folding table with a chair. They come in different designs, are designed for different ages.
A table for studying in a children's room requires high-quality and good lighting.
Clothes, underwear of both girls can be stored in one closet, having allocated each separate shelves. Seasonal things with a lack of space removed, shoes are stored in the closet in the hallway. The best exit will be a corner wardrobe, it will save the usable area, occupying a non-functional corner. This option is also convenient in terms of security - the smaller the sharp corners in the children's room, the fewer bruises and bumps.
It is better to choose a wardrobe for two compartments so that each little hostess has her own place to store things.
For a teenager girl, the bed can be replaced with a sofa: in the afternoon it will become a place of rest, play. If there is a baby in the house, a carpet is definitely needed on the floor - children love to play "on the lower tier". Toys can be placed on racks, in ottomans, thumbs. Girls love to play dolls - let your little girl install a doll house that you don’t need to take apart every evening.
Multifunctional furniture in the nursery will provide plenty of space for rest and entertainment.
When choosing colors follow the following guidelines:
- Do not make the design of the children's room for girls of different ages very bright - the little princess likes the pink color, but the teenager girl can feel uncomfortable in the glamorous interior.
- Do not make room in the same tone - white, beige. Add bright colors - they can add mood, become a way of zoning the territory of each of the girls. If the sisters are about the same age, decorate half of the room - where her bed, table are, in one color, half of the other sister - in another. Such an eclectic design will appeal to both of them.
Recently, the Scandinavian style for children's interior has become very popular.
Psychological effect of color
Psychologists recommend that when choosing a color scheme in interior design to take into account the style in which the room is decorated, the effect of color on the human psyche, especially since we are talking about children:
- Red - the color of victory, promotes activity, leads to the goal.
- Pink - the color of femininity, grace, tenderness, modesty. What the pink room for two girls looks like can be seen in the photo.
- Green is the color of grass, forest, it ejects negative emotions, calms, but its excess can lead to excessive melancholy and despondency. Choose it for the children's room, where two girls live, as an accent.
- Blue in the design of the room for two girls is better to use limited. Traditionally, it is considered a boyish color, but if you create a room design for two Mediterranean-style teenage girls, the Provence blue in combination with white will help achieve harmony.
- Lilac shades are appropriate for the interior of a children's room for two girls of any age - it is loved by babes, romantic teenagers. Look at the photo, how unusual it is to make the design of a children's room for two girls of different ages - each has its own shade of purple, both of them look harmoniously together.
Pink color is most often chosen for decoration of children's rooms for girls.
Choose colors for girls' rooms, especially if they are of different ages, better with them - listen to their wishes and try to combine them, creating a harmonious design. Let each choose its own shade - it will prevail in its zone, and in the general space of color will be intertwined. Many colors are in harmony with each other, and the result is an interesting space: mint with pink, yellow with lilac, gray and red.
Violet perfectly harmonizes with a blue tint in the interior of the nursery.
If you find wallpapers in which both colors are present, a consensus will be reached, and you will get a harmonious design of a children's room for two girls of different ages. The rest complement the details, the choice of textiles.
Pink and gray colors are used in textiles and wall murals on the walls, perfectly harmonizing and complementing each other.
Consider the location of the room - if it goes north - choose warm colors, shades of pink, light peach, light green. For children, facing south, cold tones are preferable - lilac, blue, mint.
Mint gives freshness to the interior room for girls
Materials for finishing the nursery
For decoration of walls, ceiling, floor, you need to choose safe materials that do not contain hazardous chemical compounds, non-toxic.
The best options for decorating the walls of the children's room - painting, wallpapering. For painting choose safe paints that dry quickly and do not have an unpleasant odor:
- Water emulsion;
- Latex, silicone;
Painted walls make it possible to create fabulous paintings
Painting the walls is convenient in that it allows you to update the interior if necessary - this is an inexpensive and easy-to-use way of finishing wall surfaces.
Wallpapers can be chosen in the nursery only paper - this is the only environmentally friendly option. It is possible to paste over a part of the wall with wall murals, by choosing the plot you like for both girls, for your own zone each. With this approach, it is better that these plots echo each other, then the room will look like a single whole.
Fabric wallpaper - the perfect choice for the decoration of the children's room
Important! If girls have a big age difference, it is better to stay on monotonous finishes so that the interior does not look alypypisty, variegated.
It is better to paint the ceiling, choosing the same types of paint that are safe for walls. It is not necessary and even undesirable to paint the ceiling in white. Choose tones that are close to the walls - sand, beige, peach, light lilac. The ceiling can be trimmed in different ways, fit:
- Tensioning structure (in this case keep in mind that the tensioning fabric is an artificial material);
Plasterboard designs look very stylish in the interior of a nursery for two children and beautifully zone it.
For the floor you need to choose natural materials. Suitable:
The first two have environmental friendliness, increased wear resistance. To make daughters comfortable, lay a soft carpet on the floor.
A carpet with a high nap in the nursery will be a great place to play.
Carpet will make the floor warm, but pay attention to the composition. Most often, these are synthetic components that can become unsafe for babies. In addition, such a floor you need to constantly care for, he is afraid of moisture.
Carpet can be replaced with soft warm floor tiles, which is very easy to care for
Choosing furniture for the nursery
The minimum set of furniture for the room of two girls has already been mentioned. Try to choose functional furniture in order not to overload the room: in the nursery for two furniture you need twice as much.
The modern market offers many ready-made solutions, including for a room designed for two girls. When choosing furniture, pay special attention to its safety:
- No sharp corners;
- No toxic impurities;
- Ease of care;
- Environmental friendliness.
The furniture must match the age of the daughters and the style chosen for the design of the room. Look at the options for the interiors in the photo: they demonstrate numerous ready-made and designer customized solutions for choosing furniture for the nursery, in which 2 girls of different ages live.
The best materials for furniture are solid wood, MDF. Wood is more expensive, but it is the most eco-friendly, hypoallergenic material. MDF is not just cheaper - it has various color options, which makes it possible to make bright furniture that combines environmental friendliness, functionality with an aesthetic look.
Important! Feel free to request a security certificate from the store to ensure that the furniture does not harm your girls. These are your children, their safety should be above aesthetic components.
Designing a children's room for two girls is not an easy, but exciting experience. Create it together with your children, thinking about the style, colors, decor items: you will get an interesting interior, and the sisters’s relations will move to a new level, they will communicate more, spend time together, support and help each other.