In the modern world, an office in an apartment for many is not a luxury, but a necessity.
However, the size of the apartment does not always allow to allocate for this purpose a separate room.
Placing a study on the balcony is a wonderful way out.
This arrangement of the cabinet has several advantages:
- A large amount of light needed for work.
- Good ventilation.
- The possibility, if necessary, to close from all.
- Nice view from the window.
- List of required works.
If you decide to place the workspace on a loggia, then you are faced with the question “How can you make an office on the balcony?”.
In fact, you need to perform a number of serious work to the room turned into a warm and comfortable space to work.
- Glaze balcony
- Warm space
- Hold the lighting
- Make the finish according to your taste
- Place the necessary furniture.
Then we will consider each of these stages separately.
For the cabinet on the balcony you need to use PVC windows with triple glass. Thanks to them, the sound will not penetrate to you from the street, and the space will not be purged.
Consider which way your windows will open. After all, the balcony area is small and the doors that open in the wrong direction will interfere.
It is worth paying attention to the condition of the balcony plates. If it leaves much to be desired, the structure should be strengthened.
In order for you to be warm during work, the balcony space must be warmed. The following materials are well suited for this purpose:
- Mineral wool
- Extruded polystyrene foam
The floor can be insulated with a concrete screed or wooden logs. Do not forget to install hydro and vapor barrier.
In addition, carefully seal all the cracks. Without all these manipulations in the office will not be so comfortable. Read here! Stained glass balcony - design on the mind! Variants of beautiful glazing +55 photos.
For the cold season will need heating devices. For example, you can make an electric floor heating or put heaters.
Steam heating on the balcony can be put only after the permission of special controls.
- Balcony floor - overview of the best design options + step by step instructions + photos
- Stained glass balcony - design on the mind! Variants of beautiful glazing +55 photos.
- Small balcony - charming and cozy design (88 photos)
Heaters can be oil or infrared. Oil heaters are environmentally friendly. They do not burn oxygen and are safe to use.
However, they consume a lot of electricity, therefore uneconomical. IFK-heaters, mostly hung on the wall or ceiling. They are cost effective and evenly distribute heat throughout the room.
For the office, located on the balcony, well suited spot lighting. And next to the desktop you need to put an outlet. Wiring is necessary at the beginning of construction work.
What materials to use for finishing the cabinet, everyone decides for himself. The following materials will work well:
Lining - an eco-friendly and lightweight material, but not too suitable for the design of the cabinet.
- Loggia design - 45 photos of amazing design options
- Balcony in Khrushchev - planning a comfortable design for a small balcony (75 photos)
- Small Loggia - 84 photos of the best ways to conveniently arrange
Drywall - it can be plastered or painted, stick wallpaper. This material is more than all the others suitable for office style.
Plastic is a simple, light and beautiful material that can be used for the ceiling and walls.
The floor is recommended to cover with linoleum or laminate. The ceiling can be finished with sandwich panels. On windows the horizontal blinds will look good.
Organizing a study on the balcony, you need to properly consider its design. You can use the method of dividing the space into zones.
- 1st zone - working. Place a table and chair in it, put a small rack or shelves for the necessary things in the work.
- The second zone is a recreation zone. There, place a small sofa or easy chair. Add indoor flowers. If space allows, put a small coffee table.
- 3-zone - reading. In it, place a closet with books and magazines.
Zones must harmonize arc with a friend. Execute them in a single design solution. Use matching colors and materials.
- Balcony clapboard trim is a popular idea for a durable interior +79 beautiful photos
- Kitchen on the balcony: 85 photos of the best decisions of designers on registration of a loggia
- Flowers on the balcony - an overview of the best species blooming all summer! 75 photo options!
Best suited light, dull shades. They will help to tune in to work, lift your spirits and visually increase the space.
Then you can get acquainted with the photos of various designs of the office on the balcony and choose the most suitable design for you.
Photo design options cabinet on the balcony