Burgundy color: how to apply it in the interior?
The interior design of a modern room can include any shades. Fantasy designer generates the most incredible combinations, and the master with the help of the latest materials embody his creation in a real interior that pleases the eye and gives comfort. Experts believe that among other colors in the design of the room one or two should pass through the main line, emphasize the character of the person living in the apartment, his status and position in society, be a reflection of his preferences and tastes. The predominant burgundy color in the interior can tell us something about the owner of such a dwelling: he loves power, has good organizational skills, is enterprising and self-confident.
The properties of burgundy color include the properties of the two components of its colors - brown and red. It received its modern name at the end of the 19th century thanks to a variety of wine - a luxurious drink from Bordeaux, France. Previously, this solemn hue in Russian was called Cherny.
Since the most ancient times, burgundy has been the color of royal persons. It contains the grandeur and luxury of red, the calm and confidence of brown. Dignity, generosity, honor and respectability, moderation and piety - these are the properties of which burgundy color speaks.
Photo: burgundy bedroom in oriental style.
The interior and the use of color bordeaux
So, consider this color in more detail. We can say that burgundy is one of the many shades of red. It is much darker than the scarlet shade and rather close to chestnut.
You can get this shade using a combination of primary colors: for this you need to mix red, dark blue and quite a bit of yellow.
Tip: in the design of living space, burgundy color is best combined with shades of a calm range, light and neutral: white, beige, milk, ivory. Good and brighter combinations: with black, orange, pale turquoise.
Burgundy color in the interior, like no other, requires strict adherence to the measure. If it is a little more than necessary, then the room becomes heavy, begins to depress those present and creates a depressing impression.
You can use it in almost any room, if you do it skillfully. The exception is the children's room: there, according to psychologists, it should be avoided. Hallway - this is also not the best place for this shade. In any case, it should be applied in doses and combined with neutral shades in order to maintain a reasonable balance.
Photo: white wooden panels in combination with burgundy wallpaper in the interior of the hallway
The best color combinations
The color in question refers to warm tones, which means that the most suitable combination for it is the same warm tones: cream, gray, beige, milky. Let's take a closer look at how the individual combination will look like.
- Look good combinations of burgundy with noble silver and gold. This adds solemnity, enhances the feeling of luxury.
- Burgundy color in the interior in combination with light gray will be relevant in almost any room. Gray gives due severity, completely unobtrusive and soft.
- Black color, wisely combined with the burgundy, says that the owner of the room is a person with good taste. In spite of the fact that this combination is a rather bold act, it is justified and even makes it possible to separate the premises into separate zones. But for a bedroom or living room from such a combination is better to refuse.
- A more extravagant combination is burgundy and deep green. Together, these two colors look quite impressive, but experts recommend using them only where a person is not there for a long time, as this combination quickly becomes boring and tiring.
- Brown color, combined with burgundy, translates attention from luxury to the modesty of the owner. Such a tandem will suit both a large room and a small room. Without elements of excessive luxury, it looks very stylish and elegant.
- In the bedroom you can use a combination of burgundy and pink. Gentle pink color softens dark burgundy, which allows you to create a comfort and a feeling of tenderness in the room.
- A win-win for any type of room - a combination of burgundy and white. This combination looks great in any form, whether it is a wall painted in burgundy or burgundy sofa.
Photo: burgundy wallpaper in the interior of the dining room
Tip: if you want to paint the walls in the color of burgundy - pay attention to the wallpaper with a pattern in the desired shade - so the interior will be better perceived.
Moderation is the basis of style.
Burgundy color in the interior gives solidity, solemnity and luxury. Therefore, we must strictly adhere to moderation and do not use it thoughtlessly: then the good taste of the owner of the room will be appreciated by his guests. This color is often used in New Year's accessories and decorations: the design of the room in burgundy colors will give a festive mood and a feeling of joy.
An excellent solution is burgundy-colored furniture. This is the best way to add a little burgundy to the interior, if you do not plan to do a major overhaul of the room. Cute little things in such colors that are best combined with a burgundy tint - decorative pillows, blanket - will set the right note and give the appropriate mood.