It is well known that even a nondescript atmosphere can take on a delightful, balanced, comfortable and pleasant look if it is complemented by properly selected curtains.
That is why the search for suitable curtains - this is not an idle lesson, but an important part of the work on interior design.
Below we look at different options for choosing brown curtains for home furnishing.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of brown curtains
Advantages of using brown curtains:
- when using dense fabric such curtains perfectly shade the room and create in it the light twilight even in sunny weather;
- thanks to its easy compatibility with any color range, brown curtains harmoniously complement any furnishings;
- this color gives the impression of sophistication and nobility;
- advantageous difference between curtains in brown tones from brighter ones is a sedative effect on the nervous system.
Controversial issues when choosing a brown curtain:
- too dark brown curtains will not let sunlight into the room in the required amount;
- The apparent size of a room with dark brown curtains can noticeably decrease if its walls and floor also have a brown tint.
What interior will brown curtains fit in and in which they will not look?
For the reason that things of dark color visually narrow the floor space, it is undesirable to hang dark curtains on the kitchen windows, as a rule, already rather close.
The dining room, on the contrary, usually has a rather large area, which makes it possible not to be afraid of its apparent decrease.
In addition, in the spacious rooms, the dark details of the furniture do not narrow the field of view, due to which the visual efforts are distributed to the whole interior panorama and do not focus on the dark curtains.
Interior design specialists advise you not to hang dark curtains on the windows of a nursery and to prefer light colors to them.
The fact is that the psyche of a growing generation should not be influenced by gloomy colors, and therefore, comparing photos of brown curtains when selecting them for a nursery, it is better to focus on as light as possible, preferably supplemented, for example, with bright images that tune you into a cheerful mood.
Brown curtains perfectly blend with the decor of the bedroom, which should be protected from excessive light, bright colors and other irritants.
If the living room is not large, then it makes sense to decorate it not with classic brown curtains, but lightened, preferably close in spectrum to a yellow or chestnut color.
With what color furnishings brown curtains blend harmoniously
Best of all, these curtains are combined with beige walls, especially with coffee or cream shades.
In an environment where white colors predominate, such curtains look solemn and pathetic, especially if there are brown chairs, shelves and sculptures nearby.
A good combination of brown curtains in the interior form with bright colors - light green, orange, purple. Carriers of such colors are usually bedding and sofa upholstery.
- The combined curtains: a photo of two-color design of modern curtains
- Green curtains - options for a calm and cozy design (88 photos)
- Curtains in the bedroom - the most stylish design options (110 photos)
In the bedroom, the combination of “icy” bluish walls and “warm” darkish curtains will look good.
If the walls have a purple tint, then they are better to complement the curtains with the optical effect of the overflow of colors from brown to bronze. This setting is well completed bronze table and wall lamps.
The subtleties of the selection of brown curtains
Brown velvet with expressive bronze braid will create a kind of oriental interior in the room.
There is no need to look for plain brown curtains, since it is quite harmonious to look at the options in which there are pastel and expressive shades.
In a room located on the sunny side of the house, it is advisable to hang curtains of thick fabric or fabrics that almost completely absorb light rays. In a poorly lit room, it is better to hang light brown curtains of more transparent materials, such as brocade.
- Curtains on the balcony - what to choose? Review of popular new products in 2017 +100 photos!
- Turquoise curtains - how to choose and combine. 90 photos of design!
- Chocolate curtains - 55 photos of an unusual embodiment in the interior!
In the living room it makes sense to hang curtains of thick brown shades, creating an impression of wealth and order. It is desirable that the walls in such a room were decorated in bright colors.
The atmosphere in which there are brown curtains, looks noble, elegant, luxurious.
At the same time, neither transient fashion trends nor long-term design trends are imperious over it, since all sorts of combinations of brown curtains with home furnishings delight the eye, regardless of the dominant aesthetic tastes and artistic trends.
Photos of brown curtains in the interior
- How to make curtains in the interior? Useful recommendations +80 photos!
- Classic curtains in the interior - an elegant and cozy design (105 photos)
- Fashionable curtains - a stylish and modern design (65 photos)