To find a bedspread in the bedroom, look at the photos of new products in the textile industry. In the bedroom we want to feel safe, it's like a hole into which we hide from all adversity in order to gain strength and rest both physically and mentally. This is a special place, the soul of each house, and the bed, of course, is its center. Luxurious silk or cheerful patchwork draperies, marshmallow pastel colors or juicy and bright - they are all delightful, but which one will you like?
Do not postpone the question of choosing such an important element of decor as a bedspread on the bed in the bedroom, the photos presented in this article will help you with this. Bedspread can be a bright accent and drag all the attention to yourself, and can gently emphasize the style of the interior. High-quality textiles always mark the taste of the owner of the dwelling, reveal his personality, and make the design idea a complete composition. You can sew a blanket with your own hands so that it transfers the warmth of your hands to everyone who touches it.
But what about modern bedding sets, which themselves are capable of impressing not worse, why hide this beauty under a bedspread? But we insist that you first look at the enormous benefits of a well-made bed. After all, the curtain, among other things, has a very important function - to protect the most intimate place in the house from dirt and dust, and, perhaps, from unnecessary glances.
A photo. Luxurious white fur coat
The main selection criteria for bedspreads
It seems that the bed cover is not the largest purchase, but it can completely change the look of your bedroom, so you should carefully choose the indispensable attribute of a room to sleep like a bed cover. Here everything will depend, of course, on your preferences, but for a competent approach to the design of the bedroom, you need to try to take into account any detail in advance. To do this, we suggest that you familiarize yourself with the main criteria when choosing a bedspread:
- Dimensions of the bed. Everything is clear, the bedspread should be large enough to cover the top of the bed and the sides with a mattress, but keep in mind that it is considered good form when it covers everything with the legs. An exception can be considered when you want to demonstrate a beautiful carving or bed upholstery. It is difficult to find a bedspread for non-standard beds, but you can always use the services of sewing workshops or make a bedspread with your own hands.
- The level of natural lighting affects the comfortable room temperature. So, in the northern rooms preference is given to warm colors and warming materials, while in the southern rooms you can make a choice in favor of the cold ones.
- In a small bedroom, too bright bedspreads will be out of place, the bed and so looks cumbersome, taking up most of the space, so no need to focus on it. In such cases, it is better to choose a blanket under the color of the carpet or curtains. Then the whole composition will be harmonious.
- The cover should go to the rest of the furniture and bedroom textiles - ottomans, sofas, curtains and other interior items. Create with them a harmonious composition. It should not be completely out of the general style, both in color and in texture.
- The choice of bedspread color depends on the color range of the bedroom. It can be, as a neutral, beautiful addition, to emphasize the overall style, and to become a bright accent, which will draw upon itself all the attention of the newcomer.
- No one has canceled that, for reasons of comfort, it is not easy to select beautiful materials, and those for which no household will have an allergy.
- Materials should be practical enough and at the same time natural, not to collect static electricity, and cause only pleasant sensations when touched.
- If there are children and animals in the house, then the blanket can become a target for very unchildren tests for strength, pollution and similar pranks. It will be great if the cover can be washed in a typewriter and not dry-cleaned after each such incident.
- Custom tailoring or buying ready-made from the store will depend on the standard or non-standard style of your bed and other bedroom items. You can also sew a bedspread on the bed in the bedroom with your own hands, below are photos of new products.
bed cover in a classic bedroom
Bedspread on the bed in a classic bedroom. custom-made
Photo of bedspread for the bedroom
Choosing a color
Try yourself in the role of an inspired artist and discover the colorful world of color. To get started, just look at the photos of the new bedspreads on the bed in the bedroom. Then you can start your own experiments, try to mentally imagine the covers of different colors in your interior and how the space around you is changing. When choosing textiles, both material and texture matter, but it is the color that is most appropriate for the harmony of the interior. Here are some tips to make it easier for you to decide what effect you will get from a particular shade:
Monochrome in the coloring of the interior of the bedroom looks strictly and at the same time luxurious, it is associated with something controversial and deep. The chessboard and the black-and-white aesthetics of silent films are involuntarily remembered: all these philosophical films with brilliant Chaplin. Black and white balance, Yin and Yang. Reflecting on the eternal, you will certainly settle down either to sleep or to new ideas and achievements.
Black and white bedspread
Black and white floral cover
Indian patterns have become very popular lately. Maybe due to the popularity of Indian films in our country? Or because of the love of natural fabrics and color of this country. Even those who have never been there, may like natural cotton, linen and silk, decorated with all the colors of the rainbow with images of animals, flowers and gods revered in India. A riot of colors reminds of a placer of fragrant Indian spices and warms in rainy weather.
Indian style bedroom with felt beaded bedspread
Yellow color has some kind of magnetism, it absorbs all the accumulated negative energy and gives a surge of strength and good spirits. And if there are also geometric patterns on the yellow cover, it doubles its effect. Psychologists claim that all sorts of lines, zigzags, repeated patterns and checkered patterns can influence perception, therefore, with a good choice of colors, they even change their worldview.
Photo bedspread with yellow zigzags
A green background for a bedspread with a different pattern also creates a psychological trick, from which you involuntarily tune in to rest, sound sleep and energy recovery.
Geometry in orange will help you find comfort, and raise your spirits. The hormones of happiness, endorphins, will begin to flow into the blood when you see the veil, which seems to smell like juicy orange.
Scottish Style Bedspread
Geometry in orange on the bedspread for the bedroom
White creates a feeling of purity and lightness, but due to the fact that it is so easily soiled it is very difficult to maintain the blanket in perfect purity. It is the white bedspreads in expensive hotels that underline all the scrupulousness in matters of housekeeping.
In the nursery need very bright colors. Provided that the color scheme of the bedroom is bright, neutral tones. For the child's psyche it is very important to be among the bright, rich colors, so that there is where to look, recharge with cheerfulness and positive.
The colorful decoration of the bedroom for the girl
Design a bright bedroom for a girl
Very popular patchwork patches. These multi-color designs of pieces of different or the same size very much resemble childhood, where the grandmother sewed such blankets with us with her hands, putting the warmth of her heart into them. The bedroom with a veil in this style will be very cozy, you may even want to do it yourself.
Cozy bedroom with patchwork bedspread
And of course, for the most economical hostesses, double-sided bedspreads have already appeared on the market. These covers are very practical, and you can also make them yourself.
Cover and decor
There are several basic ideas for choosing a bedspread in the bedroom:
- The overall concept of the interior of the bedroom, the choice of companion shades, which emphasize the given color and textured composition. For example, the companion colors for beige will be brown and peach, and for mint - olive and green.
Linen bedspread with a print to match the composition of the bedroom
The right combination of colors in home textiles.
- Repeat in color covers ideas for furniture or wall decor. Moreover, a competent combination of textiles should not simply duplicate each other, otherwise everything will merge and be faceless. For example, if the walls are plain, then the cover should be the same tone, only with a pronounced ornament, and under the wallpaper with a pattern the cover should be the same color as the pattern.
- The color of textiles is combined with the tone of the furniture. A very interesting idea, it always works well, and you can choose a shade to match the upholstery or wood.
- For bedrooms with a predominantly light palette, the bedspread can serve as a stylish accent that will pleasantly enliven the interior, while you can change the bedspreads of different colors, thereby creating new images.
The bedspread with a bright pattern dilutes the light range of the bedroom
- To pick up the same fabric of the head of the bed and bedspread, diluting the composition with decorative pillows. Drawing in pillow textiles is well combined with monochromatic bedspread and bed and vice versa, prints at the head of the bed and bedspreads are in perfect harmony with monochromatic pads. This technique can be used with other interior items.
- The color of the bedspread can be the same tone with curtains. For example, if the wallpaper in the bedroom is beige and the curtains are yellow, then a yellow cover with a beige pattern can be combined with them. Designers came up with one interesting technique. In order to combine curtains with a bedspread, they select plain lambrequins or a decorative accent track in the middle of the bed in the color of curtains.
Plain curtains and teal color bedspread
Plain curtains and bedspread in the style of the Wild West
When choosing material for bedspreads, as a rule, they are repelled from curtains, it is desirable that the textures are well combined, because it is not very clear to use a satin coverlet and thick curtains in one bedroom.
What materials are available on the market today? Fur - artificial and natural, the material is best suited for a luxurious interior. Silk is a very delicate, smooth material, it is easily wrinkled and requires gentle washing. Fleece - a soft, practical material, not afraid of washing, long retains the appearance. Artificial with acrylic fibers - serve well, but quickly lose their appearance, emit static electricity. Viscose is pleasant to the touch, does not fade in the sun, sets down a bit when washed. Flax is a natural fabric, but it becomes very hard, very quickly, one can say after the first wash. This is not all the materials that are on the market, but it makes no sense to list everything. Many of the materials are a bit like each other.
If you want to make an exclusive design of your bedroom, you can sew a blanket with your own hands from any fabric suitable for you.
Materials are warm and cold. In summer, light cotton, silk and jacquard are best. In winter, fur, cashmere and wool will warm you. Microfiber is a universal fabric - it is soft and pleasant, but it breathes, it is easy to wash.
Gray fur cover
High-tech satin cover
Bedspread with sequins in the bedroom of pearl tones
The bedspread is not only an element of decor, but also an accessory for the bedroom, which we constantly touch. It is the same as bed linen, must meet all safety criteria, be hypoallergenic, natural and pleasant to the touch, especially for children's bedspreads. We wish you to embody the most daring and chic ideas in the interior so that the bedspread becomes the highlight of your bedroom.