A teenager is a small adult whose opinion you have to reckon with. A fifteen-year-old boy will no longer put on a hat with a pompon, connected by a granny, and will not be pleased with the wallpaper with Disney characters. Bedroom for a teenage boy is a miniature universe. The place where he spends most of his life: doing his homework, sitting at the computer until late at night, playing the console, listening to music, etc. The design for the bedroom of a teenage boy is selected according to the personal preferences and hobbies of the child. Convenience and functionality are welcome. Teens love fashion and style, so they are unlikely to like a wall carpet or GED wall.
First you need to decide what design suits you, then proceed to repair work. The “sovereign territory” of a teenager should be comfortable, spacious and multifunctional.
Bedroom interior for a teen boy
Designers identify the following styles that meet these requirements:
- Contemporary: main focus on shapes and lines. Large spaces, clear outlines, plenty of natural light. Each object is significant, there is no place for chaos and piling up. For a teenage boy’s bedroom, the modern interior fits like no other;
- Classic: the older guys prefer: hormonal storms subside, I want to calm and measured. They will provide the simplicity, restraint and conciseness inherent in the classics. Classic design fits well into small rooms.
- Minimalism: the birth is associated with the development of modern technology. The minimum number of accessories, neutral shades, graphic character, expressiveness, strict geometric lines distinguish this style among others;
- High-tech: high-tech interior formed at the end of the last century. The younger generation has a weakness for this style. Future gentlemen will not remain indifferent to chrome, glass furniture with integrated lighting, to sliding partitions and panoramic windows.
Below are photos that demonstrate how each of these styles works in practice.
Bedroom design for teen boy in modern style
Bedroom for a teenager boy in a classic style
Bedroom interior for high-tech teen boy
Minimalism style in the interior of the bedroom for a teenager boy
The walls are the main part of the room, what the interior is based on. The stereotype is known that the color blue is suitable for the boy, and pink for the girl. We will not destroy it. When decorating the bedroom of a teenage boy, it is wise to use cold tones:
- Blue: azure blue, cobalt, navy;
- Green: jade, emerald, dark green;
- Violet: amethyst, indigo, dark purple;
- Gray: anthracite, marengo, vinca;
- Natural shades: sand, beige, light green.
Bedroom interior for boy teenager in gray-blue tones
Interior bedroom for a teenager boy in natural tones
The monochromatic interior casts boredom even in adults, what can be said about restless children. Small blotches of saturated colors will give the room zest and personality. It can be lemon, carmine red, bright turquoise and tangerine. Mixing colors is worth considering their compatibility. Designers suggest to pay attention to:
- Contrast wallpaper. The perfect combination will turn out: quiet colors muffle saturated, make the interior extraordinary. The wall, decorated with acid shades, will be a bright accent;
- Photowall-paper with the image of urban New York skyscrapers, sports cars, football or hockey clubs, popular rock bands. Used in premises of more than 12 square meters. m .;
- Your young athlete won various awards of regional and international competitions? Organize a corner of glory where numerous cups, medals, certificates, photos from the fees will be stored;
- Prefer monochrome walls. Such a “clean sheet” will become a universal option on which you can place personal photos, drawings, paintings, posters, a poster of desires, darts. Wallpaper calm colors are indispensable when using textured finishes and zoning. Zoning in the nursery always looks advantageous, as it allows you to divide the area into a place to sleep, rest and study.
- Wallpaper with a structural pattern. The choice of print depends on the style of the interior. Abstraction in the form of randomly scattered strokes, dots, dashes and repetitive geometry, for example, waves, circles, zigzags, squares will perfectly fit into the interior in the style of minimalism;
- Striped wallpaper. The bands can be narrow and wide, horizontal and vertical. The latter visually make the ceiling higher. Despite the clarity of the lines, this option is suitable for the design of a classic bedroom;
- Floral ornament should be chosen carefully, as there is a risk to make the design of the room girly;
- Oriental print is a specific type of wallpaper. This design is the latest fashion. Arabic ligature, African animals, hieroglyphs, savanna landscapes look fresh and spectacular. Such an ethnic interior will conquer a little lover of adventure.
Below are photos of the interiors of bedrooms for a teenage boy, in which these ideas are embodied.
Contrast wallpapers in the interior of the bedroom for a teenager boy
Wall mural in the interior of the bedroom for a teen boy
Bedroom interior for a teen boy
The design of modern building materials attracts the eye. But they do not always meet the standards of environmental cleanliness and safety. Even if the child is almost an adult, taller than his father, his immune system is not fully formed, the body is vulnerable to harmful substances released by plastic panels, linoleum, laminate, low-quality dyes. Give preference to environmentally friendly materials.
Choosing the right furniture
Maximum functionality is the main feature that must be possessed by furniture. Luxury beds with a canopy or bulky sculptures of antiquity will be inappropriate, they will perfectly complement the design of the parent bedroom. The following items are included in the interior of the children's room:
- Folding sofa or bed;
- Cabinet for storage of personal belongings;
- Bookcase and shelves.
It can be extraordinary designs, transformers or folding furniture, assembled, freeing up a lot of space. Multifunctional loft bed with a working area suitable for boys 10-12 years. They have a rich imagination, the spirit of adventurism is not lost, and the gameplay has not faded into the background. Furniture, towering to the ceiling, will embody the young owner of the room the limitless fantasies. Not every bed will give the opportunity to feel like a captain of a pirate schooner or a pilot of a spacecraft. Below are photos of these beds, organically fit into the design of the bedroom for a teenage boy.
The interior of the children's room for the boy in the marine style
If the footage does not allow you to put a full bed, then pay attention to the folding sofa. It is possible not only to relax at night, but also to seat the guests. Just choose a model with a rigid frame that does not harm the posture.
Approach responsibly to the arrangement of the workspace. The table should be ergonomic and practical, consistent with the physiological features of the student. Computer - an essential attribute of a child's room. The child uses it both for study, and for leisure. The monitor should be removed at an optimal distance from the eyes, as prolonged sitting has a detrimental effect on vision. The chair should have the correct back and armrests, differ in reliability and durability. After all, children are not averse to using spinning designs as a carousel. Think about the placement of books, textbooks and notebooks. This task will cope shelves and racks that can divide the room into a working area and bedroom.
Working area in the bedroom for an older boy
Not only to sit at the books and do homework. The design of a teenage boy’s bedroom will be complete if you organize a mini-gym equipped with a punching bag, dumbbells, barbell, horizontal bar or wall bars. These attributes will complement the interior of the room of a young guy, adding brutality.
Two teenagers in the same room
This is a difficult task, but it can be solved if a rational approach is made to the organization of space. In rooms with a small footage place a bunk bed. The spacious dimensions of the apartment facilitate the placement of furniture. Ceiling cornices with curtains or modular shelving not only transform the room into two bedrooms, but also complement the design. Children will have a personal space, the opportunity to retire. Photos of such arbitrary partitions make sure of this.
Bedroom interior for two teen boys
Bedroom zoning for an older boy
Two desks will take a lot of space. Modern transforming tables equipped with sliding parts provide a large working surface. The photos below will help to make a choice.
Furniture transformer for a small bedroom for two teen boys
General hobbies, about the same age, allow you to make the interior of the room in the same style. If children are different in nature, then parents will have to be patient. Two boys will coexist on the same territory, and their preferences may be completely different. Teenagers - people reluctant to make concessions, take into account the wishes of each and come to a common decision will not be easy.