The creators of small cozy apartments had noble goals - to provide each family with a separate living space. Modernity dictates its own conditions and housing becomes more spacious. But many more panel houses have bedrooms of 12 square meters. Is it possible to create a good and functional interior on such an area? Various interesting solutions confirm: 12 sq. M bedroom design. m in a modern style, as in our photos is not only possible, but has a large number of interesting options. Coziness and sweet sleep in such rooms is provided.
Design Rules and Tips
Modern design style can be perfectly combined with a small area of the bedroom. It is only necessary not to overload the space with unnecessary details and elements of furniture. The main thing in the interior design of a bedroom of 12 square meters. m - functionality, style and simplicity, as shown in the photo. It is required to take this into account when making the room.
The design of the ceiling, even in a small room should not "push." And in order not to create the impression that you are in a box, it is proposed to make it white.
With some decoration options you can decorate it with a matte or glossy material in a style that will visually increase the height of the room. Modern technologies make it possible to make a stretch ceiling in the bedroom, which removes all irregularities. A mirror top of the room will be a stylish and extravagant solution for a young couple.
To find out how to arrange the floor in the interior of the bedroom at 12 square meters. m, look at the presented photos. There are many options, it is linoleum, carpet, laminate. The main thing is that the color is in harmony with the overall design. And visually increase the boundaries of the room will help the diagonal installation of the material.
The modern direction of design ideas proposes to make the bedroom completely white along with the floor. This color will give the room a feeling of lightness, airiness and cleanliness. Vibrate this interior bright details, as in the photo.
For the decoration of the bedroom walls of 12 square meters. m worth choosing finish wallpaper. With their help, the room will look cozy and comfortable, as in the photo.
It is necessary to avoid materials with large ornaments that visually reduce the space. One of the walls can be covered with wallpaper with a bright pattern.
Argued that in the design for the decoration of a small bedroom you need to choose only light shades, dull, monophonic. Such an interior takes place, especially if the window overlooks the northern part of whether it is for children or the room has a deep loggia that prevents the penetration of sunlight into the room. But the modern variety of styles and designs allow us to beat the color scheme in different versions.
Look great in the design of the bedroom in 12 square meters. m in a panel house with high ceilings saturated warm colors, such as pink, peach, beige, or cold: blue, lilac, examples in the photo. They help to visually push the boundaries of the room. The desired shade can be selected using the ready-made color palette. And white or light furniture together with deep rich colors will give the bedroom a certain chic and charm.
To get in the bedroom of 12 square meters. m design with a cozy boudoir atmosphere, using dark gray, brown scales, as well as a rich blue shade, as in the photo. In such a room, corners will be hidden, and the borders of the room seem to dissolve, which creates a sense of calm and peace.
If the bedroom has the shape of an elongated narrow rectangle, then a method such as wall decoration with contrasting colors will help to visually expand the room. This option will give the interior depth and dynamics. You can use the wallpaper of bright colors and variegated prints.
There is one more technique that helps to refresh and visually expand the space of the bedroom in a modern style by 12 square meters. m. This is to use unusual wallpaper. Moreover, it is not even necessary to buy them; you only need to order a seal of your choice. Natural landscapes or pictures of the metropolis, as in the photo, will make the room more spacious and bring a lot of light and air.
Selection and placement of furniture in the interior of a small room
Install a regular bedroom set with a large bed, bedside tables, a chest of drawers and a wardrobe in a small room hardly makes sense. Therefore, you need to select only the necessary elements of furniture:
- The center of any bedroom interior is the bed. You can stay on the model in the form of a platform without legs. This will make it visually smaller, and the ceilings will appear higher. Some prefer the sofa, but it must be remembered that it will have to be laid out every evening. If this room is a nursery, it is better to buy a bunk bed.
- If you have a separate wardrobe in another room, a chest of drawers is suitable for everyday things. And when choosing a cabinet, it is worthwhile to dwell on a roomy model with compartment doors that do not require additional space when opening. For a visual increase in the room choose a cabinet with mirror surfaces.
- If it is possible to install bedside tables, an option combined with shelves that are designed to store things will do. There will be clothes on closed shelves, in the open shelves there will be decorative items and books. In the absence of space for cabinets, shelves or racks are mounted above the headboard.
Design small bedroom with balcony
If a small bedroom is combined with a balcony, then you should use its area and get a few extra square meters. And what to place on them, everyone will choose for himself. There are many ideas how to create a complete interior from two such rooms. Pay attention to the design of the bedroom of 12 square meters. m with a balcony.
If the balcony is chosen as a recreation area, a pair of chairs or a small sofa with bookshelves will fit in here. Even a mini-balcony in an ordinary Khrushchev with skillful hands turns into an island of rest and tranquility. To do this, create a bed or make a folding table and add two light chairs.
On the balcony, a very good option would be to create a comfortable zone with a desk and a work chair. Especially since large windows provide good lighting for the desired activity. It is also suitable for a separate dressing room, where you can put some bulky furniture.
Creating a comfortable interior on the balcony, it will be right to continue on it the overall concept of bedroom design. And it will also require additional weatherization, the production of modern glass packs and a separate pipeline along the perimeter. But you need to remember to legitimize the redevelopment and connection to utility systems.
Small bedroom and living room
Sometimes in an old house, such as a Khrushchev, the living room is combined in design with a small bedroom of 12 square meters. m, as in the photo. The way out will be the correct demarcation of zones in the room. Separate one part from another with the help of a light construction of drywall or a high rack with books and small details: pots with home flowers, frames with photographs, and various figurines.
Well, if there is a fold-out sofa. Or, as a more expensive option, you can buy or order a multi-functional furniture system in the interior in a modern style, in which the bed folds into a special niche of the built-in wardrobe. This frees up space in the daytime and allows it to be used for other purposes. Such a living room and a bedroom of 12 square meters. m with a different design are shown in the photo.
Small room lighting
Small dimensions of the room set the task of proper selection of lighting. Having the light sources on the perimeter, you can achieve not only good visibility, but also expand the room visually, and highlighting the necessary room meters. The classic version with a central chandelier is not always appropriate in the interior of a bedroom of 12 square meters. m, the room is unlikely to be comfortable with such a decision. It is better to create a zonal highlighting of every corner of the room.
There are several points that are required when choosing the lighting:
- Design with diffused light. No need to install large lamps and chandeliers, in which the ceiling of the look down. For a small space, spotlights located along the perimeter are better suited.
- Additional lighting. It can be installed near the bed on furniture, for example, lamps. In the absence of bedside tables, floor lamps are placed next to the bed.
- The interior with lighting of a separate wall or part of the furniture visually enlarges the room and directs attention to the desired element.
- The design of the bedroom is 12 square meters. m with a crib you must have a muffled light. It is beautifully created by wall lamps or wall lamps, as well as lamps with lampshades. The flow of light in them should be directed upwards or be able to regulate it.
- Light and smooth materials in the decoration of the ceiling and walls will also help to increase the illumination of the room.
Decorative elements in the interior of a small bedroom
The design of a small bedroom and the presence of many decorative elements are incompatible. Of course, if a large number of vases, figurines, boxes and a variety of cute little things are vital necessity for the owners of the room, then they are placed on the long horizontal shelves at the head of the bed.
Most designers do not advise unnecessarily overloading the bedroom with a diverse decor, so as not to create an impression of clutter. You can give preference to one, but a large element. For example, it may be a picture or a poster over the head of the bed. And they should be chosen not simply large, but very large, which will focus all attention and distract him from the modest size of the room. As in the presented photo bedroom design in 12 square meters. m in modern style.
Near the bed, if space permits, put a large flower or a floor vase. Compositions from several paintings or frames with photos look good in modern design. They are performed in a single color and style.
The fabric of the curtains and furniture upholstery should be chosen without massive patterns. There is no need to enter into the bedroom design in 12 square meters. m canopies and many decorative pillows. They will steal excess space and create an impression of tightness and crowding. The best way out will be a plain version of fabrics with a small ornament.
Secrets of the visual increase in the space of a small bedroom
The owners of a small room should learn some secrets that will help to visually increase the space of the room:
- Mirrors in the interior of a bedroom of 12 square meters. m will add volume to the available space. To do this, hang a large one on the wall or order special doors to the wardrobes. Several small mirrors will help to hide the boundaries of the room. The best option for the location of the reflective surfaces is a wall opposite the window, which will make the room not only bigger, but lighter. If it is undesirable to have mirrors in the bedroom, for example, in the nursery, then they are replaced with objects with similar surfaces: panels, stained-glass windows, tiles.
- The design of modern interiors is often made with the help of gloss paint. When applied to walls, it visually increases the size of the room. The most important thing in style is not to overdo it with color, because very bright shades cause fatigue and anxiety. It is advisable to choose pastel colors.
- There is also such a method of increasing the space in the design of the bedroom by 12 m², as the use of striped wallpaper, as shown in the photo. Vertical lines visually raise the ceiling, and horizontal lines move apart the space.
- It is necessary to use low furniture: a bed on the podium, ottomans, stands. Because of this, the perspective increases, and the bedroom looks deeper. In addition, such furniture is placed in the corners.
- Will increase the space and add to the interior of the ease of proper design of curtains. Whether it is a large window in a panel house or standard in the Khrushchev, translucent tulle of bright colors will help fill the space with air. And if you add thick curtains to light curtains, it is easy to create a more closed intimate atmosphere.
Here you can see photos of real bedroom designs in 12 square meters. m