The bed is an integral attribute of a nursery. In order for your child to develop normally, fully spill out and rest before the discoveries of the new day, you need to provide him with a comfortable and comfortable sleeping place.
To purchase a baby bed should be approached with all the responsibility, because the health of the child, his emotional state and performance depend on how well and correctly the choice is made.
Recommendations for choosing a bed in the nursery
- Do not save on the health of the child. A full bed is more useful than a folding sofa.
- When buying a bed should take into account the age of your child.
- When purchasing furniture for sleeping, you need to take into account the style of the interior of the room in which it will stand.
- If you buy a product for a teenager, it is better to know his opinion.
- Check whether there are necessary supporting documents for the selected model (hygienic certificate, certificate of conformity, etc.).
- Check the reliability of the connections and the quality of the materials used.
- It is advisable to refrain from buying a product whose surface is coated with varnish or paint. This coating may contain components harmful to health.
- The ideal choice would be a bed made of natural wood.
Types of beds on the production of materials
Wood is considered to be the best material for a children's bed. The budget option is furniture from MDF.
Wooden products have such advantages as environmental friendliness, durability, reliability, durability. In such a bed, the baby's body will "breathe." The leading position is occupied by models of valuable wood species.
The most popular materials for making beds for children:
- Pine. This is the most affordable option.
- Alder. Allows you to get furniture of a noble color.
- Beech. Beech bed is durable, does not produce squeaks, does not crack and does not begin to falter with time.
- Ash. It has an interesting structure and gives the furniture a rich look.
- Oak. Allows you to get a luxurious bed that will serve more than one generation.
Varieties of children's bedroom furniture, depending on the design
When buying a bed in the room where the child lives, you should consider his age. The best option for a baby is a cot bed or a crib. But already for half year old kids, it is necessary to purchase a furniture product that stands firmly on its feet and does not allow the kids to rock and tilt it independently.
As the child matures, you need to choose models that match his height.
Bunk beds in the nursery are probably the most popular option today. They are bought even if there is only one baby in the family. And if there are a couple of children, then the correctness of this choice becomes obvious.
This model allows you to save useful space, because you do not need to put two separate beds in the nursery. It can be used as an additional playground for the kid.
Undoubtedly, such products will interest the children, as they give the opportunity not only to sleep, but also to climb, jump, play all sorts of games. But moms and dads who decide to buy a bed with two tiers are obliged to make sure that it is safe for the child. So, the second floor should be fenced with special sides, preventing the loss, and the ladder connecting the tiers, in the required order is equipped with handrails.
A sofa bed in the nursery is also a good choice. On such a product it will be equally comfortable to sleep with both a small child and a teenager. Also quite remarkable are the models of sofas, equipped with a transforming device, allowing them to be remade into comfortable cribs.
Quite often in the interior of the nursery you can see a simple single bed. It is considered a classic. The bed can stand alone or be part of the headset. In the second version, the bed is located inside the wall, and around it are placed various shelves on which books and toys can be stored.
The bed in the nursery for the girl can be equipped with a canopy, and the sleeping place for the boy to have the shape of a racing car.
An interesting option is the bed-podium. She will suit a child of any gender. Such a model will allow your little owner or hostess to feel their importance and significance.
If you want bedroom furniture to be, first of all, practical, then a folding bed will be the perfect choice. It can be built into the wardrobe, chest of drawers or the mirror. At night, it is a good place to sleep, and during daytime it is a convenient piece of furniture in which you can store the necessary items for your child.
A folding bed is especially suitable for a small nursery when every square centimeter of space is appreciated. In the photo of similar beds in the nursery you can see that there are four main types of it: vertical, horizontal, transformer and bunk. Their main difference is the location. They may also differ in a set of functions.
The mattress on the bed is of great importance. Best of all, if its content is of natural origin. Also mattresses with an artificial filler are admissible, but in this case it has to be ecologically safe and hypoallergenic.
How to choose a bed to fit
First, you should determine the place in the nursery, where you are going to put the bed. This point is very important when choosing the actual size of the product.
Then you need to measure the part of the room where it will be located. Do not forget to consider the following:
- bed dimensions always exceed the parameters of the bed. As a result, it is necessary to measure the furniture as a whole, and not just measure the mattress;
- if you want to put a bed to the wall, then you need to carefully examine the base - there should not be any irregularities on it. The significant size of the drops must be taken into account. To do this, the length of the bed should be added 5 - 10 cm;
- if your choice fell on a bed with two tiers, then do not forget to take into account the size of the ladder when calculating.
After everything is carefully measured, you can find out the opinion of the child about what size he presents his bed. This moment can also have an effect on the final choice.
Competently chosen baby bed can become a nursery decoration. In addition, it is a guarantee of proper development of the child. Therefore, it is not necessary to spare time for its selection.