Only recently, our people began to realize that a balcony or a loggia (especially spacious) can be used as a separate room for rest, a gym or just as a closet and dressing room.
After all, an increase in usable space in an apartment is always an urgent issue.
And with skillful glazing, insulation and the right design decision, you will not only get the desired living area, but also make a real cozy nest from the balcony.
So a small loggia can be equipped as a natural continuation of the kitchen, this is especially true in Khrushchev and other layouts with a tiny kitchen.
A more spacious loggia can be converted as a mini-gym or even a full-fledged bedroom with an ergonomic bed or a children's corner. Any decoration starts from the floor on the balcony.
Even if you have not yet decided what functionality will be placed on your balcony, first remove all the trash, free the room from old things.
Now, when you see the real dimensions, then you can understand what you need. When the balcony is clean, then the following procedures should be carried out:
- glaze the balcony. Because of this, the balcony will become more isolated and warmer. To do this, you can use standard euro windows, wood windows and frameless glazing. You can also use stained glass windows or simple toning;
- waterproofing that will protect the room from the damaging effects of natural factors. It can be bitumen, roofing felt, special impregnations and primers.
- insulation, without which you can not do if you want to further equip the dwelling.
Insulate all elements: ceiling, walls and floor. As insulation, mineral wool or foam is often used.
One of the main elements on the loggia is the arrangement of the floor, because it is he who must provide the basic idea of the room, protect it from flooding, or simply make himself pleasant and put on warm floors. Read here! Bedroom on the balcony - non-standard design combination options (77 photos)
Here are some general tips for arranging floors on balconies and loggias:
- any arrangement of a floor assumes full alignment by a coupler cement, also it is necessary to think of expanded clay, a dry heater and other.
- wood cover is laid on logs and insulation;
- the installation of a warm floor on the balcony, which needs more wiring;
- casting screed with further laying of linoleum, the same laminate or tile;
Greater complexity and responsibility is the choice of materials for the floor. Even if you do everything on the balcony with your own hands, you cannot save on the quality of materials.
This should be a reliable, durable material that will fit the design. Although the photo how to arrange the floor on the balcony is a lot on the Internet, and you can already see everything and choose the material for the floor.
Also, when choosing a material you need to consider the design of the balcony. When it will be an attic or a loggia, then the ceramic tile will be best, when the loggia is glazed and heated, then the wooden floor is just what you need.
Ceramic tiles on the balcony on the floor will serve a long time, she is not afraid of falling heavy objects, a large selection of colors and textures that can imitate leather, wood and even fabric. The disadvantage is its cold surface.
The wooden floor looks expensive and elegant, but apart from the high cost of the material, it also requires special installation. The tree should be well missed and additionally treated with antiseptic.
If the surface of the screed surface is flat and smooth, and you do not want to settle the coating, you can purchase paint on concrete. This type of paint is not afraid of moisture, temperature changes, does not fade in the sun.
- Stained glass balcony - design on the mind! Variants of beautiful glazing +55 photos.
- Small balcony - charming and cozy design (88 photos)
- Loggia design - 45 photos of amazing design options
The paint itself is not only a decorative element, but also protects the concrete itself from erosion.
Linoleum is not recommended to lay on open balconies. It is not resistant to temperature extremes and excessive moisture.
Some experts recommend covering the balcony with a dékinope, or as it is also called garden parquet.
This is a wood-polymer material that is attached to the logs, the principle of fixing it is like laminate flooring on the balcony. It is resistant to any weather and temperature phenomena, shock resistant and not as cold as tiles.
What floors on the balcony you would not choose, most importantly, that you liked it.
- Balcony in Khrushchev - planning a comfortable design for a small balcony (75 photos)
- Small Loggia - 84 photos of the best ways to conveniently arrange
- Balcony clapboard trim is a popular idea for a durable interior +79 beautiful photos
Photo options floor on the balcony
- Kitchen on the balcony: 85 photos of the best decisions of designers on registration of a loggia
- Flowers on the balcony - an overview of the best species blooming all summer! 75 photo options!
- Dryer on the balcony for linen - which one to choose? 95 photos of the best models!