Choose which wallpaper is best for the bedroom
How to glue wallpaper in the bedroom? What is the best wallpaper for the bedroom? These questions are asked many owners of apartments, planning the next repair. The mood depends on what our bedrooms will be. Properly selected wallpapers make the room wider, conditionally correct the imperfection of the bedroom, hide the irregularities of the walls. On how to choose and how to choose wallpaper in the bedroom, depends on the overall interior of the room.
Wallpaper selection rules
- Hide niches and bumps will help wallpaper with a diagonal pattern.
Tip: Geometry shifts the angle of perception and makes space more dynamic.
- To make a bedroom in cool colors is possible due to the glossy aquamarine, pale blue and white wallpaper.
- To give a cosiness to a bedroom will help the saturated wall-paper of purple, plum, pale-pink, sea shades.
- For the zoning of space, it is advisable to use color wallpaper to match the interior.
- Beautifully looks bedroom with a combined wallpaper. To choose the right color will help the photo.
- Visually, you can lower the ceilings due to their white painting and pasting of walls with plain wallpaper.
- A small bedroom will appear larger and better if you make the decoration in bright and cool tones.
- In order for the walls in the bedroom to appear higher, it is recommended to paste wallpaper with a horizontal pattern on the far narrow wall.
Photo: bed on the background of the accent wall
Wallpaper for bedrooms of different styles
What wallpaper to choose for the bedroom depends on your own preferences and style options.
- For small bedrooms of classical style and modern style, wallpaper of light tones will suit (cream, milk, coffee with milk, beige).
- Paste a high-tech bedroom with wallpaper in metallic gray, steel, and terracotta.
- Bedroom ethnic style requires finishing with natural wood materials, berry-colored wallpaper or wallpaper with imitation snake and crocodile skins.
- Country style rooms are best covered with bamboo or cork wallpaper.
Tip: Luxury bedroom will give fashionable golden, purple, purple, silver wallpaper, as well as pearl wallpaper of hot chocolate.
Golden, pale pink, blue-green wallpaper from textured silk fabric with abstract prints look very fashionable in elegant houses and apartments.
Photo: Classic Style
Photo: modern style
Photo: country style
Photo: golden wallpaper in the interior of the bedroom
The effect of the color palette of wallpaper on the tenants
The selection of colors and patterned wallpaper requires consideration of the psychological effect of color on a person.
- Red palette enhances aggressiveness, sexuality, increases appetite. As an additional color is often used in the interior of bedrooms, at least - the living room. You can not glue the red wallpaper in children's rooms.
- The yellow palette stimulates creativity, harmonizes the processes of the nervous system. Goes well with other colors in the living room. Yellow wallpaper is better to glue in combination with blue, brown, gray shades.
- The blue palette relaxes, has a positive effect on reducing appetite, calms. Blue wallpapers are perfect for men's bedrooms.
- Looks beautiful orange palette. It combines the positive characteristics of red and yellow shades. Light shades of orange, such as peach, apricot, mango, are ideal for the bedroom.
- The green palette is ideal for the bedroom. Having a positive effect on the human nervous system, it relaxes, relieves muscle tension. Glue green wallpaper should be those who suffer from diseases of the cardiovascular, nervous and respiratory systems.
- Variants of neutral palette canvases in the form of light green, beige, cream wallpapers have a harmonizing effect on the nervous system and have a beneficial effect on the quality of sleep.
- Original patterns affect a person’s emotional state, improve mood and well-being. Remember that the sharp corners in the patterns subconsciously cause the apartment owners a feeling of anxiety, while the lines in the form of sea waves soothe. Geometric patterns make the bedroom interior stable, and people in it, self-confident. Images on the wallpaper of flowers and trees have a relaxing effect. Wallpapers with drawings of animals make people softer and kinder. Wallpaper paintings in the form of genre paintings eventually become boring and tiring. And simple drawings, on the contrary, contribute to the manifestation of positive emotions and pleasant feelings. Keep in mind that patterned wallpaper is difficult to glue because of the dock. Its selection is costly material.
Types of wallpaper
Wallpapers are selected not only by style and color, but also by the quality of the material. There are the following types of wallpaper for the bedroom:
- non-woven (purchased mainly for painting). Among the advantages worth highlighting: strength, resistance to mechanical damage, repeated use. In addition, they are elastic and have a breathable layer. To glue such wallpaper is very easy.
- liquid (soundproof, beautiful, comfortable to use, breathable, resistant to fading, easily replaceable in case of damage).
- paper (environmentally friendly, have a glossy coating and a water-repellent layer). Among the minuses emit short-lived and impractical.
- Vinyl (there are several options: perforated, non-woven and paper-based). Wallpaper on non-woven base is not practical for the bedroom, because do not miss the air. The most applicable for the bedroom perforated wallpaper. They are very easy to care for. In addition, they are easy to glue on the walls.
- textile (durable, beautiful, environmentally friendly, suitable for children's bedrooms). Cons: not suitable for owners who have animals, expensive, do not tolerate mechanical effects.
- natural bamboo or cork (among the advantages - a non-standard interior, environmental friendliness, the creation of a comfortable and non-standard design). Cons: not resistant to moisture and mechanical damage.
- linkrust (presentable, safe, durable, easy to clean, made of a dense base, which included chalk, wood dust, wax, flour, rosin). The disadvantages include intolerance to low temperatures and the need for additional staining after pasting.
When buying wallpaper, consider the fact that they should not stand out against the background of the overall design of the apartment. Give preference to safe materials and discreet colors.
Photo: liquid wallpaper
Photo: Bamboo Wallpaper
Photo: Vinyl Wallpaper
How to glue wallpaper
Initially, perform a wallpaper fitting to the wall to estimate how a particular pattern looks and blends with the overall look of the room. It is a challenge even for professionals. To simplify it, follow these tips:
- View the wallpaper in expanded form.
- Attach the sample to the wall, straighten, let the seller hold, and you from a distance of 1 m see how the canvas looks from the side.
- Buy a trial roll to finally determine the color.
- Ask the seller to choose the wallpaper for you from one collection. Remember that different batches of wallpaper are different in tone.
- Combine patterns and colors correctly. Do not necessarily buy the wallpaper of the same line. You can choose the right combination and purchase various canvases, for example, monochromatic, with a relief pattern and pattern.
For each room suits a certain type of wallpaper. In the children's bedroom is recommended to choose a light wallpaper on a paper basis or eco-wallpaper. Since vinyl wallpapers belong to the weak breathing, they are usually worth pokleit in the often ventilated bedroom, because man just needs fresh air.
Before you decide what wallpaper to stick in the bedroom, examine the product certificate. For example, buying vinyl certified wallpaper, you will save yourself from fakes. If the certificate is missing, the wallpaper is not worth buying.
How to glue wallpaper
The most common two-level wallpapering combining walls together. For this, conventionally, the wall is divided horizontally into two parts, after which it is pasted over with canvases. A curb is made at the junction.
Tip: in small bedrooms choose more saturated wallpaper. It is better to stick them above. In this case, the bottom is separated by a border to match the walls. This glue demarcates colors.
You can think through the choice of wallpaper for the bedroom, then choose a unique combination of pasting walls that will make the room unique.
Since the bed is the main item in the bedroom, it is worth to distinguish it in an original way. This is easy to do, pasting the room with wallpaper. Make a special emphasis on the bed, or rather on its headboard. The wall section, pasted from the floor behind the bed to the ceiling with a different wallpaper color, looks practical.
Photo: headboard zoning option
A combination of different textures, shades, patterns will look great. Very nice look wallpaper in the form of a rectangle and a square. Contrast, decorative textiles and flock are welcome. Having thought about which wallpaper to choose for the bedroom, you can focus on the ceiling above the bed.
Japanese minimalism is particularly welcomed (for details, see the photo). In the city, I especially want to have an apartment with a cozy blissful bedroom. Simple and intelligent harmonious combination of decor creates a feeling of comfort in it.
Photo: Japanese minimalist bedroom
To set the mood you should choose wallpaper of light colors, but not white. When deciding which wallpaper to glue in the bedroom, choose cream and pearl. Preference is better to give a rough texture.
Wallpaper in the bedroom is best combined with a light floor made of natural wood. Original looks contrasting interior with a dark floor. This design will suit people eager to collect their thoughts, to tune in to positive emotions.
Adhering to the recommendations of designers. They will tell you where to look at the photo designs and how to choose the wallpaper in the bedroom, while creating a comfortable atmosphere for leisure and sleep.
When choosing what color the bedroom will be, consider the durability of the canvas. So it will be possible to preserve the ideal state of the room and avoid stale patterns.
Having decided the question of how to choose wallpaper for the bedroom, pay attention to the naturalness and durability of the material from which they are made. A hasty decision to choose low-quality canvases can spoil the interior of the room. Remember that you always have time to glue the canvas, but unlikely to extend the life of their hasty purchase.