How to use the purple color in the interior of the bedroom?
Today, the white color, which has long reigned in the design of almost every bedroom, from wallpaper to bed linen, has finally given way to many of the most diverse new ideas, from quiet classical options to combinations that are impossible at first glance. In particular, the design of the bedroom in violet colors won.
Photo: Modern bedroom idea in purple with rug and glass table.
Like any color, purple has a wide range of shades - from dark eggplant and bright fuchsia to delicate lavender. Each of them has a different effect on the human psyche, which must be taken into account when developing a design, especially when choosing a color scheme for large surfaces: wallpaper, ceiling, floor. For example, cold shades with a predominance of blue give the room an atmosphere of grandeur. Light lavender or purple fill the room with peace, comfort and harmony.
At the time of the kings, the noble purple was often found in the bedchambers, robes and ornaments of the aristocracy, as a symbol of power, power and an indicator of high status. Today, psychologists believe that different shades of this complex color are preferred by people who are prone to creativity, for whom self-realization is especially important. After all, purple color inspires inspiration, the desire to create and create.
Among the undoubted advantages of the last color of the rainbow - its versatility. If you wish, you can choose a suitable shade both for the design of a classic bedroom and for a room in the style of modern, provence, vintage, hi-tech. In addition, violet blends well with gold and silver, opening up virtually unlimited scope for decor.
Use color correctly
- More air.
When choosing the color of wallpaper, paint or decorative plaster for the walls, as a rule, preference is given to light light shades: delicate lilac, dusty lilac, pale purple. This technique allows you to visually expand the space of the room, bring freshness and even coolness.
Photo: pale purple hues in the bedroom
- Saturated contrast.
Less often, for decorating walls, especially in the bedroom, they choose thick, deep shades, such as eggplant, grape, plum, blackberry. However, with skillful use, they help to get an extremely powerful visual effect. For example, dark purple wallpapers create a beautiful contrasting background for a snow-white bed and juicy berry textile accents.
Photo: dark purple shades in the bedroom
- Attention to details.
Violet is also good to use not only as a primary color, but also for individual interior elements. So, lilac or lilac bedding, a bedspread, pillows, curtains or a fluffy rug will look extremely advantageous against the background of soothing light wallpaper.
- Pure white color adds even more freshness to cold purple. Perhaps a bedroom in such a range would not be too cozy, but a relaxing atmosphere of peace and quiet will surely provide a good sleep.
- Warm cream and beige, neutral sand and gray colors are also perfectly combined with a violet palette. To the interior did not look boring and faded, you need to add a few bright spots, such as pillows.
- A very sophisticated and stylish design can be obtained by combining between different shades of purple from the lightest to the darkest. The interior, designed in such a range, will be filled with mystery and fabulousness.
- To create an interesting contrasting image, the yellow palette is best suited, because it is this color that is complementary to violet. The main thing is to avoid a combination of only pale options, so that the design does not lose expressiveness.
Tip: In a small-sized bedroom, it is better to prefer a combination of pastel background (wallpaper, floor, ceiling, large furniture) with colorful details and dotted accents.
- In the bedroom, certain shades of red, green, blue and orange will look good in purple hues. In this case, it is important to correctly determine in what respects to mix colors, which tone to choose as the main one (for example, for wallpaper), and which one to leave for details.
Violet palette has quite a strong energy and influence on the emotional state of a person. Not everyone decides to make his bedroom in purple. However, choosing the right shades and proportions of their use, you can get a surprisingly beautiful and harmonious design.
With the help of a diverse violet range, you can create a feeling of luxury and wealth, freshness and coolness, refined romance and creativity, mysticism and mystery. This color with skillful handling is capable of much.