Design ideas mansard bedroom is a rather original idea, and this is mainly due to the unconventional shape of the roof.
When creating such an interior, it is important to take into account several important rules in order to continue to get the original and most comfortable atmosphere.
Like any other style, it has its positive and negative qualities.
- the use of space under the roof, which helps to significantly increase the overall space of the room;
- at the expense of considerable space, this style makes it possible to equip a bathroom, toilet, dressing room and study in the sleeping area;
- it is possible to visually divide into zones through the unusual shape of the roof;
- for finishing can be used a variety of materials regardless of their cost;
- You can easily use additional lighting by adding windows.
The main disadvantages include:
- requires additional insulation of the roof, which would entail spending a considerable amount of money;
- zoning depends on the shape of the roof, and this fact cannot be changed in any way;
- Due to the presence of a certain shape of the room, the choice of furniture for the bedroom is not diverse, it is mainly selected due to the sketches of designers, and their placement is also determined by the ideas of specialists.
Bedroom layout depending on the type of roof
Attic can have a direct and even ceiling, however, this phenomenon is relatively rare, just like the complete absence of the ceiling.
The method of interior design attic bedroom depends on the type of roof. In this case, distinguish:
- odnoskatnaya - design includes a variety of options, it does not matter where there will be a bed or wardrobes;
- duo-pitch - eliminates the possibility of installing large-sized furniture, especially in height, great for a children's room for two children;
- mnogoskatnaya - with proper use of all the unusual details of the interior, you can eventually get a good interior.
Another fairly popular option is hipped roof. It has the ability to divide the attic into two almost identical rooms.
Finishing options for the attic bedroom
When creating the design of the attic bedroom, special attention is paid to the ceiling surface, since it depends on him how attractive the bedroom will be in the end.
When creating a modern style bedroom, very often the surface is leveled using drywall.
The same material is used as the wall and ceiling decoration for the bedroom, the most common being:
Due to this design there is a significant increase in space.
As for colors, it is important to consider several details when choosing:
- lighting due to skylights;
- in the presence of insufficient natural lighting, it is better to use light shades with some bright accessories;
- if the windows are large enough, it is better to use contrasting combinations, but without dark options, the combination of black and white looks good;
- in the presence of rich tones, it is better to use the furniture of soothing shades.
Very often, these rooms have insufficient lighting. That is why it is better to determine in advance with additional sources of light.
To improve lighting, some designer secrets can be used, for example, the use of mirrors, floor lamps, wall lamps or table lamps. This is especially evident in the photo of the attic bedroom.
The so-called spot lights, false windows or LEDs are often used.
The stylistic solution for the attic bedroom
First of all, before you start creating your dream room, you should determine the style of the bedroom in the attic, taking into account all its features:
- minimalism - discreet and fairly simple, the use of a minimum number of colors;
- Scandinavian - creating a homely atmosphere through the use of a small amount of funds;
- sea - is very popular, a distinctive feature - a striped pattern;
- Loft - suitable for accommodating any size;
- the classic - means dimensional furniture and large details;
- Country - has several varieties, the most common is the French version.
In addition to the style decision, it is important to take into account several recommendations. First of all, it is important to carry out the insulation of the common room of the attic bedroom.
You should not overly clutter the room, otherwise the room will resemble attic space. Special attention should be paid to window spaces and textiles.
Also, if there is a large room, it is better to divide it into several zones to maintain comfort and coziness.