Zorg mixers: a review of models and their characteristics
It's no secret that the largest amount of water in an apartment is spent not for taking a bath, but for washing dishes and other kitchen needs, because the dishes are washed regularly: several times a day. Fruits, vegetables and other products are washed with it, and drinking running water is also used for cooking dishes.
The buyer for these reasons, the selection of the kitchen faucet must be made, placing high demands on its quality, and buying this fixture, you need to pay attention to the design: its advantages and disadvantages.
A mixer is a device that regulates the amount of tap water flowing from the pipes into the sink, and gives it the right temperature level by mixing water at different temperatures. Such a device was invented in the XIX century by W. Thomson (Lord Kelvin). At the beginning of the 20th century by A. Manukyan it was improved - the device received one lever for ease of use. After the mixer was patented, the companies immediately began to produce it in large quantities.
Consumer reviews recently consistently indicate the positive quality of plumbing, manufactured by Zorg (Czech Republic). This well-known manufacturing company brought to the consumer market design lines of various types of kitchen faucets and many variations of its products.
The Czech company Zorg, which has proven itself from the best side, produces modern plumbing. Zorg offers easy to find popular plumbing product lines. Also has its own classification.
- Inox - this mixer is durable and easy to maintain.
- Antic - refers to the mixers of vintage design, corresponds to the style of retro. Zorg company in the production process performs the finishing of this product with silver or bronze.
- Sanitary - such a mixer is made using surface chrome plating technology.
- Stone This mixer is made of metal materials, as well as stone elements. This design combines elegance and originality.
- Granit The mixer of production of Zorg of such ruler is made of granite. For this reason, its combination with the sink of the same material looks perfect.
Zorg manufactures kitchen faucets. Also in the price list you can find almost any type of sinks, bath taps, showers, water filters, towel warmers and other systems with accessories.
Today, there are two types of kitchen faucet:
- single lever
Two valve type
This type of design is widely popular today - it is actively used in vintage kitchens or retro-style kitchens. A two-valve mixer is a device equipped with two independent valves, and it mixes water inside the gander itself. This design is considered fairly reliable, easy to repair and accurate when adjusting. Using it is not very comfortable, because setting the desired temperature will take quite a long time.
Profitability also suffers, as long as the optimum temperature is adjusted, a large amount of water is wasted.
Single lever type
In this case, the operation is provided by only one regulator. Its function is not only to mix the flow of water of different temperatures, but also to adjust their intensity. Its use is elementary - for this reason, such a design is highly valued in kitchen faucet options. The flip side of the coin is that accurate and correct adjustment of the lever is not so simple. The hostess will have to remember the location of the knob controller, in which the temperature can be considered necessary. Also, a relatively short period of operation of the mechanism does not inspire much optimism, since in a few years it will be necessary to repair the product with the mandatory replacement of sealing rings or gaskets.
There are also contactless mixers, but they are relatively rarely used in household use - this type of product is more suitable for public places.
Mixer selection criteria
First of all, when choosing a mixer it is necessary to consider its type and manufacturer. Of course, this is not the only thing you need to know.
To date, consumers are presented with a wide variety of models: steel, ceramic, copper, brass, nickel, granite, and even plastic variations. It is impossible to say about plastic that it is durable or durable, but it has an important advantage - it does not rust. The internal parts of the ceramic and metal fittings on the external surfaces are perfectly combined with each other.
A faucet made of stainless steel would be completely organic for a modern interior, and lovers of retro style would most likely choose bronze or brass.
Types of spouts
There is a choice of three options.
- High spouts are considered optimal for kitchens, for the reason that when using them, washing dishes of even larger sizes is more comfortable, and more dishes can be placed in the sink. The disadvantage is the fact that such spouts need large sinks, because for small ones they are not suitable because of the strong splashing of the water jet.
- If the sink is small, it is recommended to install low-flow faucets.
- Options with retractable designs. Here, the mixer is fastened using a flexible hose, which for convenience is removed to a length of 0.5-1.5 m.
Types of fastening
Faucets can be built into the wall or attached directly to the sink.
Below are examples of the most successful and popular models of mixers that have won flattering customer reviews.
Zorg ZR 311YF-CH, Zorg ZR 313YF-50 Antracite are characterized by the following positions:
- have one lever;
- spout with a turn;
- combined design 2 in 1: the water supply is made through the filter in addition to the water supply;
- a separate tap for drinking water does not require an additional hole in the sink;
- mounted horizontally.
Zorg ZR 314YF-50 BR has the following characteristics:
- one lever;
- brass body;
- spout with a turn;
- installation takes place horizontally.
Zorg ZR400KF-12 Satin, Zorg ZR 312YF-50 BR, Zorg ZR 313YF-50 BR, Zorg ZR 314YF-50 CR, Zorg ZR 313YF CR have the same characteristics as Zorg ZR 311YF-CH, but with one difference - the spout they are pretty tall.
Model Zorg Grantis SZR-1339F-A is additionally equipped with a nozzle-aerator.
It should be noted that when buying Zorg mixers, you need to be prepared for a fairly significant wallet relief.
However, the Zorg mixer will pay back all costs by 100%, since:
- the external beauty and style of such things is undeniable, as well as their quality;
- such mixers serve for many years, even if tap water is not of high quality.
An overview of one of the models of the ZORG mixer, see the video below.