White sink faucets: range overview and selection criteria
White sink faucets represent a large part of the bathroom plumbing product range. They are unusual, look expensive and hint at the taste of the owners of the house. However, few people know that the choice of such products is subject to a number of features that it is important to know before purchasing.
White mixers are an industrial product that is suitable for many stylistic decisions and interior designs. These are sanitary products that differ in the type of material used and the method of applying a shade.
Today, manufacturers give white color to mixers in several ways.
Each of them has its advantages and disadvantages.
- Polishing. This method is considered the most time consuming, although the most reliable. It is designed for steel faucets and allows you to achieve a glossy finish products. Due to the high density of the metal, it is possible to obtain a stable color when it is polished with special pastes. It does not apply any auxiliary coatings. The method can not create a matte type of texture, although it is the best technology of all known, due to which the mixers for a long time retain white color.
- Chrome plating. This method is intended for products made of brass, bronze and stainless steel, to which copper base is applied before the main color change. After that, it is covered with the thinnest layer of a special decorative coating based on chromium. Due to the use of electrochemical technology, only metal parts are subject to such processing. The chrome coating itself is fairly durable, but over time it can flake off from the base.
- Nickel plating. In fact, this technology is not much different from the previous one. However, to get the same brilliant coating, applying it, will not work. Products created by this method will be cheaper than chrome models. But the durability of them is lower, which is important to consider when buying a sanitary accessory for a bathroom or kitchen sink.
- Coloring. Coloring surfaces is the most budget technology to get white. This is its only plus, since it is less durable by other technologies, it eventually exfoliates from the base, thereby worsening the look of the mixer. However, this technology is used where it is impossible to use other methods.
For example, staining is the best way to change the shade of plastic or silumin, since they do not involve galvanic processing.
Advantages and disadvantages
White sink faucets have many advantages. For example, they are universal, can be combined with any accessories and sheathing materials regardless of their hue, since the white color matches any tone of the color palette. Despite the fact that white mixers may differ in the type of coating, they are designed for consumers with different levels of wealth and different tastes. Such products look beautiful, but due to the type of texture they are able to add the necessary emphasis to the interior, be it a modern minimalist style or a hint of luxurious palace classics.
These products are presented on the modern market in a wide range., that allows each client to buy his version with the most convenient mechanism and form in unison with the overall design concept. White mixers stand out noticeably against the background of steel-tone counterparts, combined with silver and gold-plated trim and look elegant, regardless of the type of room. These accessories can be chosen for sinks of various shapes and sizes.
White mixers are structurally diverse and can have contrasting nozzles, which is convenient for maintaining the chosen shade of the room design. However, the white color itself is easily soiled and gives out even the slightest pollution. In addition, over time, due to the nature of the water in the system, the structure may become yellow. Regardless of the regularity of cleansing and the quality of household chemicals, it is not always possible to restore the former whiteness of the color.
Today, all types of white-made mixers can be divided into 2 types: crane-box and single lever. Each species is characterized by its own characteristics that determine the appropriateness of its purchase. Plumbing products can be portioned, working by pressing the corresponding buttons that meter the water supply.
More traditional varieties have 2 valves. This is a familiar classic with two adjustable taps, usually located on either side of the spout. Each crane-box is responsible for the water supply (one for the cold one and the other for the hot one). These mechanisms are simple, but reliable. They can have 2 modifications, which is determined by the presence of valves or a ceramic valve.
The advantage of these devices is the fact that if any part fails, you can easily replace it with a new one. The disadvantage of this type of faucet is also: the water after flowing off continues to flow for a few more seconds.
Today, single-lever or single-finger analogues are confidently replacing familiar classics. Unlike traditional devices, they stop the flow of water immediately after it is turned off. Convenience is the method of adjusting the temperature of the liquid. Designs may include the replacement of a removable cartridge. Sometimes, instead, there is a hollow ball inside with special holes for mixing the two streams of water to the desired temperature. It can be located not only in the center, but also under the spout, above it, or at the side.
White mixers for the sink-bowl in the bathroom may differ by adjusting the pressure of the water flow. They have the ability to set a comfortable temperature and its automatic support. Such models are functioning due to the temperature-sensitive element. They are convenient, but with regular disruptions in the water supply in the system they will shut off the cold water supply.
Electronic mixers today have a ton of fans. The sensors work in a contactless way: to operate the device, it is enough to bring your hands to a certain sector. As soon as they go beyond it, the water supply will stop.
The advantage of such devices is the presence of touch control (a display with the ability to adjust the water temperature mode). The mixer can be actuated by touching the housing or the screen.
How to choose?
To simplify the selection, as well as making a quality purchase, you can listen to the simple recommendations of experts.
It is necessary to highlight the main nuances.
- Silumin mixers (products made from an alloy of aluminum and silicon) do not withstand a lot of pressure in the system and quickly fail. They are fragile and unstable to oxygen corrosion.
- Stainless steel products are considered the most durable, as they can last up to 10 years without the need for repair or replacement.
- Choosing technology, you should give preference to polishing or chrome. In extreme cases, you can choose nickel plating.
- The texture is chosen in accordance with the overall design concept. Matte type is more suitable for softening the effect of the abundance of glossy surfaces in the bathroom.
- Faucets for the sink in the bathroom of brass or bronze with a white coating are worth the purchase. If inside the product has a reddish or yellow tone, under the guise of other metals, the seller tries to implement an analogue of copper.
- Plastic counterparts have a low cost, but they will not last for long. Besides the fact that they quickly lose the whiteness of the original color, they can not be repaired.
- Choosing the material of the mixer, it is worth paying attention to the convenience of its spout. For example, a tap cannot be large when the sink is small.
- We must not forget about the presence of filters and the absence of sharp piercing elements. The presence of the aerator will save the amount of water supply and saturate it with oxygen. In addition, the rotary aerator will allow you to change the angle of water fall, adapting to a specific form of washing.
- For kitchen sinks, models with retractable hoses will be the best choice. They are especially relevant when you have to wash large pots.
- Installation of mixers can be not only standard, but also wall.
- Creative solutions are considered options with lighting, which, thanks to the white color of the faucet itself, allows you to decorate the interior of a bathroom or kitchen.
It is worth looking at the products of proven manufacturers. A good rating in the customer reviews received products of the brands Paini Sky, Frap, Kludi Balance, as well as the domestic brand “White wells”. Products of these manufacturers are characterized by durability and quality.
Such mixers look presentable, serve properly, and meet all the needs of the modern consumer.
Review the white Kludi Balance mixer in the next video.