Sink in the bathroom - an essential attribute. It is almost impossible to imagine this room without a washbasin.
Let's see what you should pay attention to when choosing this plumbing item and consider popular options.
Which size to choose?
The solution lies on the surface. For a small bathroom fit a small sink. To use such a sink will be comfortable, because it does not take up much space.
For a large yardage, a small sink would be inappropriate. It does not fit either in style or size.
It is necessary to install the washbasin in accordance with the space of the room. Some design solutions offer to install a double sink. However, it is worth remembering that the distance between them must be at least a meter.
Recommendations when choosing sinks:
- Stick to the same style for all plumbing;
- Choose models with a hole from the overflow of water;
- Pay attention to the number of holes in the sink depends on the installation of the mixer;
- Inspect the item for chips, cracks and other damage;
- Measure the dimensions in advance;
Hanging sinks in the bathroom are not uncommon. Console models are the simplest, but at the same time popular models.
- Installation of the sink does not take much time.
- Practical and easy to use;
- Suitable for small spaces;
- Space saving. Fastening with consoles allows you to save space and use for placement: a basket with clothes, installation of additional shelves.
- Visible communication pipes that spoils the aesthetic appearance.
Curbstone under the sink in the bathroom - a classic version, which is found in each 3 apartments. It is a one-piece design and may have additional shelves and drawers for things. Note! Bathroom design in modern style: a review of the best ideas + 120 photos
The installation takes place in a matter of minutes, you just have to connect the sink to the communications.
Overhead and Embedded Options
Stylish and elegant option - consignment washbasin, it is suitable for any design.
- Variety of forms;
- No hole for the mixer;
- Mounted on top cabinets or countertops.
Attention. Overhead sinks should be installed only on moisture-resistant objects, in order to avoid rapid damage to the product.
The built-in sink in the bathroom is suitable for small spaces.
- Does not take up much space;
- Fits into the worktop;
- Stylish and modern design;
- Simplicity and reliability. Easy installation and rigid fixation with brackets.
- Protected from damage due to recessed design.
- Durability and durability.
There are many types of countertops under the sink in the bathroom. Plumbing characteristics will depend on the selected material:
- Ceramics (porcelain, earthenware);
Glass sinks are suitable for high-tech style. Produce them from the tempered glass, therefore they differ in durability. And their style gives the interior a unique stylish look.
Steel washbasins are a durable option. Will be a great addition to any bathroom. There is a significant drawback: you can not clean with abrasive powders - ruin the surface.
Porcelain sinks - a popular option, because they have an inexpensive price and excellent design.
Corner sinks in the faience bathroom are very ergonomic. They allow you not only to save free space, but also to use it functionally.
How to choose the right mixer?
The sink faucet in the bathroom must be chosen correctly, otherwise the water may simply splash in different directions and create discomfort to the owners.
Recommendations for selection:
- Decide on the exact purpose of the sink: wash your hands, a cat, etc. The height of the mixer will depend on this;
- Choose a mixer in accordance with the shape and size of the sink (wide, narrow, deep, flat).
The height and length of the mixer will depend on these parameters.
Guided by our advice, you can safely go to the store.
Below is a gallery of photo sinks in the bathroom, where you can pre-select the appropriate design.
Photo of a practical bathroom sink