If there is a small bathroom in the apartment, it will be important to save extra space by replacing the usual bath with a shower cabin.
Before choosing this design is to understand what types and features are, what materials they are made of.
The main advantages of showers:
- Saving water in contrast to the bath;
- Save time by eliminating the need to collect water in advance;
- Saving of useful space;
In the modern market of sanitary equipment, models of showers of open and closed type are presented.
So called booths that have a pallet and two partitions adjacent to the walls. The top of such a cabin is missing, and it is placed in the corner of the room.
The undoubted advantage of such structures will be low cost and compactness.
This construction, in addition to the one described above, is complemented by a roof and is completely sealed, which prevents moisture from escaping beyond the booth itself.
They can be equipped with hydromassage and even a radio, and they can be installed not only in the corner of the room.
Open shower enclosure
The rear partitions are absent, and screens are installed on the sides. The configuration of shower enclosures can be of the following forms: semicircular, square and rectangular.
The rectangular shape should be chosen if the room is spacious enough. Semicircular forms, on the contrary, will save space in a small room.
The maximum possible height of such shower cabins does not exceed 170 cm, and the width will be no more than 90 cm.
Without upper partition
- low price compared to closed cabs;
- can easily fit even in a room with low ceilings, because the height does not exceed 2 m;
- suitable for tall people;
- the presence of the rear walls will protect the walls of the room from water.
- lack of complete tightness, which is why steam and water settle on the ceiling and on the furniture inside the room;
- there is no possibility of using steam generator, cascade and tropical showers.
It has numerous advantages, partially reduced by the high price and massiveness of the cabin.
Of the advantages can be identified:
- possibility of location in any part of the room;
- there is the possibility of using deep pallets;
- the presence of hydromassage, cascade shower and steam room;
- full sealing.
It contains both a shower cabin and a bath. It has all the advantages of a closed cabin. Allows you to take a shower while lying down and install additional accessories.
The most popular option. Heat up quickly and keep warm for a long time. No noise from the water and almost slippery.
It is easy to clean such pallets, and the service life exceeds 15 years.
Especially durable option. They are able to keep themselves warm for a long time, but they heat up for a long time. The price is relatively low.
Among the shortcomings can be noted a very large mass, a small variety of forms and noise.
The durability of this pallet directly depends on the quality of the enamel coating. They are rather slippery, noisy and cool down quickly. Of the benefits can be noted durability, low weight and price.
Enough expensive and fragile option. The advantages include good sound absorption and heat retention. In addition, they have a presentable appearance and are easy to clean.
Happen from a natural and artificial stone. The second option is preferable in price and strength. Of the advantages we can distinguish fast heating, a pleasant surface and a beautiful view.
The best option for a country house. They require special treatment and care, but are pleasant for the feet and do not freeze.
Selection of partitions
Curtain with water-repellent properties - well protects against splashes. It is made of polyethylene oilcloth or rubberized fabric. The most budget option. High curtains should be heavier on the bottom to ensure better tightness.
Tempered glass - durable, especially cozy option. Not afraid of random shocks and high humidity.
Polymer walls - easy to clean and have an aesthetic appearance. Externally, they resemble glass partitions; however, they are prone to scratches and are afraid of chemical cleaners.
Plastic screens - plays in the coziness and beauty of the options presented above. Easy to clean and has a very low cost.
Modern models of shower cubicles may have the following additional features:
- Hydromassage. Promotes a good awakening and preparation for sleep.
- Steam generator It creates not very hot steam, which promotes relaxation.
- Aromatherapy. Allows you to produce a spa.
- Built-in sauna. Able to imitate being in a sauna.
- Ozonating. Used for wellness and cleansing purposes.
- Infrared radiation. Helps to improve health and comfort.
- Entertaining. Allows you to listen to music, watch TV right during the shower.
Thus, with the right approach to the choice of a shower cabin, you can not only save the budget, but also purchase a quality product that meets your interests.
Photos of modern shower cabins for the bathroom