For many builders and people engaged in the design of the premises is not a secret that the process of working with wall surfaces in the bathroom is considered to be very responsible, especially in the bathroom, as it is influenced by high humidity.
An important requirement is water tightness.
To meet this condition, laying a tile is an excellent way, but not everyone can afford to purchase such material.
For this reason, many owners replace the tile on the PVC panel for the bathroom.
Advantages and disadvantages of using PVC panels
This finishing material has recently enjoyed particular popularity.
It is made on the basis of the so-called polymers, thereby eliminating the possibility of water permeability.
Production of panels is carried out in the form of panels of 3 meters in size, and their internal part is empty and perforated.
These dimensions make it possible to mount without the use of horizontal joints absolutely in any space.
The width of the PVC panel for the bathroom in this case has several standard sizes.
The front part can have a variety of patterns presented on the photo of PVC panels for the bathroom, and the range of colors is quite wide.
Basically, the store presents catalogs of PVC panels for the bathroom. The ends of the panels perform the function of locks, which is extremely convenient during installation.
To finish the installation of PVC wall panels for the bathroom is not enough to buy only the material, in addition to this will require external and internal corners, strips and curbs.
The most budget way of finishing is considered to be a decoration by your own hands. The main advantages of this method include:
- low cost of materials;
- low payment for work performed;
- convenience and minimal time investment.
Special attention should be paid to several disadvantages, for example, low strength and poor environmental friendliness.
Selection of panels on the bathroom walls
The choice of panels should be approached correctly. This material must be carefully checked before purchase.
Yes, it should not be present embossed ornaments, as this will cause the accumulation of excess dirt and mold, which is extremely prohibited.
- Luxury bathrooms - we decorate stylishly and wisely (90 photo variants)
- Purple bathroom - make out a stylish design for the mind! 69 photos of bright ideas.
- Bathroom from IKEA - a review of the best new furniture (90 photos)
The choice of colors should correspond to the dimensional characteristics of the space. Recently, 3D PVC panels for the bathroom are especially popular.
With insufficient space, it is better to choose shades of lighter tones.
As for the style, they may include the presence of drawings.
Themes can be very diverse, depending on the individual preferences of the owners, and it is quite simple to buy PVC wall panels for the bath.
Important advice! Before installation, it is recommended to determine in advance the location of individual pieces of furniture so that wooden bars or special profiles are timely attached to these places. This will make it possible to eliminate the need to damage only the installed sheets of material.
- Painted bathroom - an overview of how to paint a bathroom (77 photos)
- Bathroom hood - which one to choose? Review of popular models +80 photos
- Orange bathroom - 75 best photo ideas of bright color combination
Step by step installation instructions for PVC bath panels
In the installation of their own hands there are no difficulties. In this case, it is important to follow some rules:
- the total amount of material is calculated first;
- the acquisition of material and profiles to create the so-called frame;
- preparation of wall surfaces - do not require serious preparation, in this case it is required
- replace wiring (as needed) or apply waterproofing material (great for wooden walls);
- selection of fasteners - installation can be done by glue or guides.
The final step is the direct installation of PVC sheet panels for the bathroom.
It is better to start the work from the corner. Located at the farthest distance from the entrance.
Then follow a certain sequence. The initial panel must be attached to the guides strictly vertically.
Fastening of the following is carried out using the end part according to the lock method, thereby the density of their joints is carried out and it becomes possible to hide fasteners elements.
- Beige bathroom: calm and stylish colors in the design + 76 photo design ideas
- Bulk floor in a bathroom - installation taking into account features of the room (92 photos + video)
- Bathroom decor - 82 photos of original decorating ideas and stylish design
During operation, it is important to perform level control.
In the corner of the panel is trimmed to the desired width and secured with a corner, which makes it possible to accurately move to the next wall.
The ends of the finishing panels are fixed by edging profiles.
In the end, it remains to fix the eaves and baseboards.
With proper installation and design, you can create a rather stylish and beautiful room as a result.
Photo of PVC panels for the bathroom