Recently, plumbing manufacturers have found a huge number of new solutions and options for how to equip a bathroom.
They are especially relevant for small spaces, which is found in most of the apartments.
In this article we will consider one of these options - the installation of corner sinks and consider the main points of the installation process itself.
The role of the corner sink in the bathroom
As a rule, the corners in such a room remain free, which entails the emptying of a certain part of the space.
It is for this reason that the corner sinks were created in the bathroom.
This novelty was able to be appreciated by numerous buyers, and this is not surprising, because such a model has a number of quite significant advantages:
- perfect for minimalism style or as an addition to the classics;
- the ability to purchase a sink with shelves or cabinet;
- the use of various materials for the implementation of unusual solutions;
- competent distribution of pieces of furniture that will visually increase the space;
- varieties of dimensional characteristics.
Design features of different types of sinks
Shell models can be divided by several parameters.
Consider the main ones. So, for example, according to the principle of installation, the following are distinguished:
- Suspended options - great when there is a small amount of free space, it
- is presented in the photo of the corner sink to the bathroom, however there is one important omission here - the possibility
- observe communications;
- shells "tulip" - the most famous variety. Having a leg of faience. Wherein
- All the necessary elements of the pipes are hidden, however this kind does not allow the mind
- use the space under the sink;
- embedded - more proven, although they are able to occupy not much more space, but it is used for its intended purpose.
An abundance of shell shapes and sizes
The most common are sinks in the form of a segment of a circle or triangular.
No less popular is the so-called asymmetric option.
The size range of corner sinks in the bathroom in this case is quite wide.
In addition to standard sizes, there may also be unusual sizes, with the most suitable option being determined by the buyer himself.
Sinks from different materials: advantages and disadvantages
The main positive and negative qualities deserve special attention.
One of the most common types of material is ceramics. They can be:
The second option is waterproof. They are quite attractive and have a long service life.
Another option is considered a stone sink. The main disadvantage is the high cost and problematic in terms of installation, as they have a relatively large weight.
There are also sinks made of glass. They give the feeling of a complete lack of washing. May have built-in backlight.
- Luxury bathrooms - we decorate stylishly and wisely (90 photo variants)
- Purple bathroom - make out a stylish design for the mind! 69 photos of bright ideas.
- Bathroom from IKEA - a review of the best new furniture (90 photos)
Depending on the texture, they produce shells:
Some models may have an ornament or a plain pattern.
Metal for the manufacture can be used very different:
- stainless steel;
As for corner sinks made of polymeric materials, they also have some significant features, for example, the duration of use, different colors, resistance to external influences.
Non-standard option is a washstand made of wood. Find this is not easy. Therefore, it is better to execute its creation by individual order.
- Painted bathroom - an overview of how to paint a bathroom (77 photos)
- Bathroom hood - which one to choose? Review of popular models +80 photos
- Orange bathroom - 75 best photo ideas of bright color combination
So that the material is not deformed from exposure to the aquatic environment. It must be processed by special impregnation.
Corner Shell Tips
Before making a sink purchase, you should familiarize yourself with a few helpful rules:
- the model must have an overflow hole;
- the style should fit the rest of the plumbing details;
- you must accurately determine the optimal size of the corner sink in the bathroom (50 cm - the best option);
- clarify suitable cleaning products.
Installation of a sink with a pedestal: step by step instructions
The main requirement before installation is the strength of the walls. Consider the method of installing the sink with a pedestal:
- preparation of floor space (leveling the surface as needed);
- labeling required;
- creating holes that are later filled with glue and then dowels are inserted into them;
- screwing the screws in and installing the washing.
The final stage is characterized by the installation of the mixer.
Recommendations for installing a corner sink with a cabinet
Consider the sequence of installation of the corner sink in the bathroom with the cabinet.
- Beige bathroom: calm and stylish colors in the design + 76 photo design ideas
- Bulk floor in a bathroom - installation taking into account features of the room (92 photos + video)
- Bathroom decor - 82 photos of original decorating ideas and stylish design
It is advisable to first decide on a sufficient amount of space.
Next, collect the most angular cabinets under the sink in the bathroom.
After that, it is fixed to the wall surface and the bowl itself is fixed directly. At the end, a mixer and a siphon are installed.
For a tight fit, it is better to use silicone sealant. Which will reliably be able to save it from receipt of excess fluid.
Typical mistakes when installing sinks
If you violate the rules of attachment can be quite unpleasant consequences that can significantly reduce the life. The most common violations are:
- the formation of gaps;
- tilt to one side;
- water or sewage leakage.
Do not forget about some "tricky" details.
For example, light shades can visually enlarge the space, and this effect can be enhanced by the use of mirrors.
For a large family, a double corner sink is perfect, giving a unique opportunity to perform water procedures for two people at once.
Photo of the corner sink in the bathroom