Black toilet bowls: modern design trends
Black toilet has long been considered a very unusual solution in the interior of the toilet, because it did not correspond to the traditional concept of choosing plumbing. But over time, fashion and a variety of interior styles have made such plumbing very relevant. Sometimes a toilet of this color is even considered an indicator of wealth in a house or apartment.
Such a solution requires a harmonious combination of the toilet bowl with other furnishings of the bathroom or toilet, as well as the predominance of a certain style in the interior. Therefore, it is necessary to get acquainted in advance with all the nuances of choosing plumbing in such a color scheme and caring for it.
Advantages and disadvantages
As with any kind of plumbing, products made in black have their own positive and negative characteristics.
Consider the advantages of such models.
- This shade toilet bowl is an important characteristic of the interior. It is the black plumbing becomes the key accent, emphasizing the features of the chosen style.
- Since such plumbing is not as popular as the white model, it always looks very original. Such a toilet will be a highlight of your bathroom and will pleasantly surprise guests.
- When the interior with a similar toilet is quite easy to create a game of contrasts. For decoration and decoration of the bathroom, you can choose almost any color in accordance with the chosen style. It is against the background of black plumbing that no other shade will fade, but on the contrary, it will appear in all its saturation. The most popular options for combinations of toilet and other plumbing or accessories - black and white and black and red. Not bad against the background of black toilet will look walls and accessories in pastel colors.
- Among these options you can find products at a very affordable price. Despite the possibility of such an acquisition, black plumbing makes the bathroom and toilet more presentable. This product emphasizes the status of the owners and in combination with well-chosen accessories even gives a touch of luxury to the interior.
In addition to the advantages, this kind of toilet has a number of disadvantages.
- It is necessary that the black toilet is in harmony with other plumbing items. Otherwise, the whole concept of the bathroom design will be broken. This causes additional costs associated with updating the plumbing, if the toilet is combined with a bathroom.
- On a dark surface, traces and leaks that are formed due to substances in the composition of tap water are more clearly visible. Also on the black surface dust will be more noticeable. Therefore, this option requires more frequent and thorough cleaning.
- Especially impressionable people black toilet can seem rather gloomy piece of furniture, especially in combination with other dark plumbing.
If you buy a black toilet for rooms, the walls or floors in which are painted in dark shades, there will be a need for additional repairs, otherwise the atmosphere in such a room would not be the most favorable.
Both white and black toilet bowls include various types of designs.
The most popular varieties of dark plumbing include several models:
- Outdoor designs imply fixing the device directly to the floor. They may have a one-piece design in which the toilet bowl body directly includes the device tank. Separate models, on the contrary, imply the location of the tank separately from the main body.
- Not less popular option is the design bidet type. This small-sized thing with built-in electronic features can not only save space in the room, but also become a very convenient and versatile addition to your toilet.
- Wall mounted structures are attached directly to the surface of the wall and, as it were, “hang” above the floor. This option is very compact and original. When the toilet cistern is built into the wall, the toilet does not occupy free space, which is almost always necessary in the bathroom or toilet. It is necessary to take into account the two negative characteristics of such toilets. The structures are rather complicated to install, their installation requires the participation of a professional master, which entails additional costs. Also, similar models of black in most cases are sold at a fairly high price.
Black toilets also vary in shape. They are:
- oval, This version will fit almost any style of interior;
- round models are more compact;
- square or rectangular designs will be ideal for extravagant style directions.
An important feature in the classification of black models of plumbing is the appearance of their surface.
There are several types of products:
- Glossy. They have a characteristic brilliance and modulations. When choosing such a model, you need to take care of the features of the lighting in the toilet.
- Matte structures have an appropriate surface. It looks very original, but the pollution on such devices is sometimes more noticeable, especially for any greasy stains.
- Sometimes black is bordered with dark gray due to the presence of a metallic sheen. Metallic effect makes the surface of the toilet bowl even more interesting. This option will be perfectly combined with modern interior styles.
- Experiment lovers often use surface type and color combinations. The lid of the toilet bowl can be glossy, while the body itself can have a matte finish. You can also combine contrasting colors.
For example, the use of black parts on the case with white allows you to originally combine the classics and modern.
Compatibility with interior styles
When choosing black toilet bowls, the key guideline is the direction of the interior, which is selected for the decoration of the toilet.
Consider the most popular concepts:
- The most popular style - Art Deco. Dark plumbing emphasizes the luxury and conciseness of this direction. The most sought-after form is the oval. This option will be perfectly combined with accessories made in gold or bronze.
- Another popular style in which dark plumbing will look relevant - minimalism. The predominance of monochromatic colors in a similar design allows you to combine bright accessories with a black toilet bowl.
- Matte options will be a great addition to the style. high tech. They will be perfectly combined with clear geometric lines of a similar direction. Particularly harmonious will look in this concept of a square or rectangular product.
In order for you to make a choice in favor of a truly original black toilet bowl, designers offer a number of solutions that are notable for their originality:
- The body of the plumbing does not have to be monotonous. Modern technology and a wide selection of black products in stores allow you to buy a toilet, decorated with ornaments in the form of plant or other patterns.
- Black toilet is in harmony with the plumbing, decorated with red-yellow lighting. Such lighting creates a special atmosphere in the bathroom or toilet.
- The luxurious view has a combination of a black toilet bowl with gold trim walls. With the help of dark wood furniture and accessories imitating gold, you can create a luxury interior in the bathroom or toilet.
- If there are black plumbing elements in the toilet or bathroom, it is important that this composition is diluted with bright accents. These can be various accessories, such as vases and figurines. If the room is dimensional, then you can decorate the walls with a series of photos or paintings.
Do not be afraid of experiments in the selection of plumbing. If you take into account all the nuances of using a black toilet, it can become a unique piece of interior of your house or apartment. Such detail will not only emphasize the elegance of the chosen style, but also give the room a special atmosphere, full of beauty and aesthetics.
In combination with a suitable finish and decor, black plumbing will greatly decorate the bathroom and amaze all visitors to your home.
The advantages of one of the models of the toilet in black are described in the video below.