Laminate for the bathroom, this combination will seem to many from the realm of fantasy.
But modern technologies are not standing still, and it would seem that quite a capricious material began to possess high performance characteristics.
And now it can easily be used for flooring in the bathroom.
Moisture resistant bathroom laminate
In the bathroom there is always a greater amount of moisture compared to other rooms.
Bathrooms are also characterized by a sharp change in temperature and the presence of steam.
All this has a negative effect on finishing materials.
Therefore, it is preferable to give the choice of more reliable and durable products with high performance, suitable for places of accumulation of high or low humidity.
We recommend using the following tips when choosing materials for the bathroom:
- Resistance to deformation;
- The ability to maintain the original size;
- Wear resistance of the product. The highest class characteristics should be chosen;
- Moisture resistance. There should be moisture resistance not only for the whole product, but also between the seams.
- Protection against reaction to chemical compositions and reagents;
- If there is a floor heating system, check the compatibility of the products;
- Impact resistance and low thermal conductivity.
If you give the choice of laminate for the bathroom, then it is necessary to determine what type of this product is suitable for your room.
Types of waterproof laminate in the bathroom
What is the difference between water and moisture resistant laminate?
First of all, the base materials used in the process of manufacturing the product.
The degree of absorption of moisture, and methods of protection against it in these 2 types of laminate are different.
The basic part of the moisture-resistant laminate is made of chipboard, then processed with special water-repellent protection.
Insulation in this embodiment is provided by a groove-ridge design with silicone and wax. Read here! Bathroom 5 square. m. - design and finishing features (51 photos)
This mechanism protects against moisture ingress between the seams of the laminate, and also eliminates the ingress of vaporous liquid.
For which bathrooms is suitable waterproof laminate:
- Luxury bathrooms - we decorate stylishly and wisely (90 photo variants)
- Purple bathroom - make out a stylish design for the mind! 69 photos of bright ideas.
- Bathroom from IKEA - a review of the best new furniture (90 photos)
- For rooms with good ventilation;
- Bathrooms in which the temperature change is not very high;
If you use this material, it is worth considering that the ingress of water on the laminate should be little or completely excluded.
Water-resistant laminate for the bathroom, people give more preference, because the direct purpose of the product is to use for finishing rooms with high humidity.
The base for the manufacture of waterproof laminate is a polymer plate. Plastic protects against moisture, which means that the deformation of the product is impossible even with long contact with liquids.
For the fashionable design of waterproof laminates, a decorative layer is used.
The advantages of waterproof laminate for the bathroom:
- Painted bathroom - an overview of how to paint a bathroom (77 photos)
- Bathroom hood - which one to choose? Review of popular models +80 photos
- Orange bathroom - 75 best photo ideas of bright color combination
- High degree of protection against moisture;
- No deformation of the product;
- Protection against temperature drops;
- Large selection of colors;
- Possible imitation of stone, tile, wood;
- Reliable option for use in bathroom finishes.
Plastic laminate for the bathroom is used not so long ago. In the base component of this product is a composite PVC material.
In appearance it resembles both laminate and polymeric panels for walls.
Manufacturers give an absolute guarantee for the protection of PVC laminate from deformation and leakage of castle structures in contact with water.
Leaders of sales and in terms of price and quality of steel companies:
- Parcolys (Belgium);
- Dumaplast (France);
- Aqualam (Turkey);
- HDM (Germany).
Laminate products of these manufacturers can be safely used as materials for finishing bathrooms and kitchens.
- Beige bathroom: calm and stylish colors in the design + 76 photo design ideas
- Bulk floor in a bathroom - installation taking into account features of the room (92 photos + video)
- Bathroom decor - 82 photos of original decorating ideas and stylish design
This laminate is compatible with a warm floor system, and manufacturers give a guarantee on product quality from 15 to 20 years.
Design execution, you can look at the selected photos of the laminate for the bathroom.
Vinyl laminate for the bathroom is an innovative product that is not afraid of: neither temperature drops nor heavy objects fall.
- Moisture resistance
- Does not slip;
- Convenience and ease of installation;
- Not afraid of sudden changes in temperature levels;
- There is the possibility of re-mounting the product.
From the correct choice of finishing material for the bathroom depends on its life, as well as the comfort of the owners themselves.