The main criteria for choosing bathroom faucets
- Design features
- Length and type of spout
- Location methods
Many people know the unpleasant situation when the faucet starts to leak in the bathroom. From this formed a raid and yellow spots on the plumbing. It becomes harder to adjust the water in the shower. Its temperature randomly changes from cooler to hot during washing. Such problems are a consequence of the wrong choice of mixer.
To remedy the situation once and for all, you need to purchase replacement plumbing equipment, having previously studied the main criteria for choosing bath mixers.
When we open the water in the bathroom, first of all we set up a comfortable temperature for the hands, mixing the streams. To make it warmer or colder, we turn the corresponding valves or lever in the right direction. At this time, the mixer works. The mixer is the sanitary device regulating water flow. His main task is to mix hot and cold water inside the special chamber to the desired temperature. An equally important function of the bathroom faucet is to change the flow direction from the tap to the shower and back.
In parallel with the first two tasks, the device is responsible for the pressure and the formation of the jet. From the mixer, the water flow enters the spout (spout) tap or shower hose. The pressure in the system provides a stable stream without spattering in all directions. The last function is decorative. The entire system in the aggregate of elements is visible in the bathroom. This makes it an element of the interior.
The bath faucet differs from the faucet with a different purpose: the modified design of the spout and the presence of additional parts.
- Short spout. The kitchen tap has a variety of tasks: they wash the food, hands, dishes under it, take water. For convenience, the spout should be high and curved, so that it was easy to substitute objects and containers for it. And in the bathroom, the faucet is only needed for washing hands and getting water in the font, so it is shorter and smaller.
- Shower Hose Hole.
- Switch in the form of a button, lever or toggle switch. It is needed to redirect the flow of water to the shower. Sometimes the switch is multifunctional. It redirects water in more than two ways.
The range of mixers is diverse, but most of them differ only in external parameters. Kinds of mixers as working mechanisms are many times smaller. All of them can be divided into several large groups: by purpose, by type of construction, by fastening method, by material, by design.
There are faucets for the kitchen and bathroom. There is a highly specialized plumbing, which is used in beauty salons and medical facilities. Kitchen faucets are designed to be installed above the sink. The specificity of the room makes special demands on the quality of plumbing. Since the tap in the kitchen is used regularly, plumbing should be durable, reliable, of wear-resistant materials. In the kitchen, the hostess is often busy or dirty hands, so it is important to the convenience of the mixer and the concise design of the external parts without elements that are difficult to clean.
Bathroom faucets are designed to be installed above the pool or above the sink. Structurally, they are more complex, and at a cost more expensive. Plumbing in the bathroom is also used regularly, and in addition, there is an additional factor affecting the rate of wear. This is an increased level of humidity in the room.
Therefore, the faucets in the bathroom must be from moisture-proof materials inside and outside. Easy control is also important to regulate water temperature as quickly as possible.
The design possibilities of bathroom faucets are broader than for the kitchen.
Shower mixers are fundamentally different from the faucet and combined. They have a complex device, opportunities and high price. In addition to a hand shower with flexible hose and interchangeable nozzles, they are equipped with nozzles and different variations of the "tropical" overhead shower. They need a quality mixer that directs the water to the desired element with one turn of the regulator. In more modern and expensive models - by pressing a button on the panel in the shower or control panel.
Bidet faucets - part of sanitary ware for intimate hygiene. Intensive pressure is not needed here, but it is important to accurately and quickly regulate the temperature of the water. The device is characterized by smooth adjustment of the head, the ability to change the direction of the jet from the spout in different directions, the presence of an aerator. The function of the aerator is to spray water.
Often in the bathroom there is no place for a bidet and for a toilet bowl at the same time, therefore combined options are established. They are also equipped with a mixer, which smoothly regulates the temperature and pressure of water.
Mixers for hairdresser sinks are different from the mixers for the kitchen or bathroom in that the design provides a retractable flexible hose. Such a device will be convenient not only in a professional institution, but also at home.
The sanitary equipment in the basic configuration consists of:
- several types of rubber gaskets (some progressive models do not have gaskets);
- fittings - sealing rings, screws, plugs, fasteners, holders;
- crane box;
- cartridge (water mixes in it): it is better to use ceramic, but it can also be made from another material, ceramic will last longer, but it is more expensive and not suitable for regions with poor water, impurities and debris in water damage ceramics;
- elements of manual or electronic control - knobs, handles, flywheels, valves, electronics;
- swivel element - gander;
- switch for shower head;
- decorative items and accessories.
The principle of operation of mixers of different designs is the same. Cold water flows through one pipe contour; hot water flows through the other, and they mix inside the cartridge. The proportion of warm and cold water, as well as the intensity of pressure, is adjusted manually or automatically.
Significant differences in design relate to the method of regulating the flow of water. There are 5 types of designs: valve, single-lever (joystick), thermostatic, non-contact, portion-pressure.
A representative of this type is a familiar faucet with two flywheels (lambs) for cold and hot water. By means of these flywheels regulate a pressure and water temperature. "Lambs" are usually located on the sides of the mixer parallel to each other. The locking elements in the design are crane boxes.
Valve devices are divided into two types: worm and with swivel plates. In the worm-type in the old manner, a rod and a rubber gasket are provided. They perform the function of a plug, shutting off the water supply. To close the rod, you need to turn the handwheel counterclockwise several times and fix its position at the end with a little more effort.
Such models are remnants of the Soviet past, but they still stand in many apartments and are on sale. Their cost is low - up to 1800-2000 rubles, so it is often the developers of apartments with repairs that acquire them. The equipment looks reliable and aesthetic, and is cheap. A year later it is supposed to change, because it is a temporary type of plumbing. But the developers are silent about this, and the owners of new apartments discover that the crane has loosened and leaks have appeared.
European worm type mixers are more thoughtful. The rotation of the rod is translational, not rotational. Therefore, to twist the "lamb" with the effort is not necessary. Mixers with rotary plates made of ceramic are also called half-turn. Handles no longer need to twist all the way to stop the flow of water. This is done half-turn, because instead of a rod with an elastic band inside the plate with holes. When rotating the "thumbs" plates begin to move. When they coincide with each other, water flows.
Advantages of valve mixers.
- Affordable price. Temporary plumbing equipment for 1-2 years costs up to 2000 rubles, reliable and durable - up to 8000.
- Suitability for repair. The mixer for 6-8 thousand rubles will be disturbed only once every 5 or 10 years, when the time comes to change the gaskets.
- Molded case. It has no moving parts, which slightly extends the service life.
- Independence from other communication systems. If the house is turned off electricity, water can still be used, which cannot be said about modern plumbing of the touch or non-contact type, which is tied to electronics.
- Simple operation. The handles spin easily, they have divisions, which mean a gradual increase in the proportion of cold or hot water and the force of pressure. Even the baby can open the tap and adjust the desired temperature.
Thanks to these advantages, valve mixers are still too early to be poisoned for scrap, as manufacturers of other types of plumbing are trying to do.
But they also have disadvantages:
- it is difficult to find spare parts for repair;
- insufficiently regulated temperature of the water flow;
- increased water consumption;
- cheap appliances with rubber stoppers are short-lived, and expensive with ceramic plates.
A lever is a flat or streamlined plate that rises and rotates within the limits of design. The angle of lift relative to the initial position of the lever is 60-65 degrees. Turning radius - 45-60 degrees. When the lever is raised, the pressure of the water increases, while its rotation changes its temperature. These actions can be combined in one smooth motion, lifting the lever at the desired angle. On the market you can find single-lever mixers of two generations.
First generation - cartridge mixers. This is a modification of valve models. In the design of the mixer is based on a cartridge with perforated ceramic plates. At the bottom of the plates, the holes supply water, and at the top it mixes. When lifting-turning the lever, the holes are aligned with the mixing chamber and water flows to the spout. The movement of the lever provides a special silicone grease. Ceramic plates from damage by abrasive particles protect the filters. They are not always provided as standard.
Choosing plumbing with ceramic elements, you need to find out if there are any filters in the kit. If not, you need to purchase them separately. This will protect the device from a quick break.
Second generation - ball mixers. In such models, the basis is a ball with holes - one for cold water, the second for hot, the third for mixed. Inside the ball is a mixing tank. The adjustment rod and rubber seals help power the device and control the intensity of the water flow. This design breaks less cartridges.
Advantages of lever mixers:
- easy and convenient control;
- the ability to adjust the temperature of the water with an accuracy of a degree;
- the flow temperature changes instantly, but the switching is smooth;
- long service life (8-10 years) and 2 years warranty;
- esthetic appearance.
- 10 years - the life of the case, rather than internal parts, the replacement of ceramic and rubber parts may be needed much earlier;
- cheap single-lever models are difficult to manage, and a quality product is an order of magnitude more expensive than a valve mixer;
- for repair need the help of a specialist.
This “smart” plumbing device can memorize water temperature. Its internal mechanism is more complicated than that of models with levers and handles. It provides fast and comfortable water switching. You do not need to rotate and twist the handle in an attempt to catch the desired temperature and flow rate. The device independently adjusts it in accordance with the frequently used mode.
Regulatory elements are different. For the adherents of the classics, there are valves, for lovers of new technologies - touch displays.
Advantages of thermostatic mixers:
- safe use;
- quickly and conveniently turn on the water at the right temperature;
- economic water consumption;
- resistant to pressure fluctuations within the DHW system;
- modern stylish design;
- reliability and long service life.
Thermostat mixers are actively popularized and advertised as the best equipment. But they have serious drawbacks.
- Adjust the water anyway. For one family member, one temperature will be comfortable, for the second - another. The thermostat will not switch it on its own.
- Thermostat maintains balance of temperatures. If the temperature of the hot water has changed, it will adjust the percentage of cold to meet the set parameters. But if the hot water is turned off, then you will not wait for a cold one. It will block both streams.
- The cost of equipment is many times higher than mechanical models.
- Most models need to be connected to the network or powered by batteries. This increases the maintenance costs of equipment.
- Difficult and expensive repair.
Touch and static mixer - two models that provide water without physical impact on the device. They differ from mechanical mixers by the absence of valves and levers. An infrared sensor is mounted in the housing. It responds to movement if you bring your hand to low tide. The range of the sensor - about 30 cm. In addition to the sensor, there is a small lever on the body. Him can be used for mechanical water supply. The flow temperature is regulated as accurately as possible. The device is able to memorize temperature conditions. The filter is included in the package of the touch mixer. It protects the sensitive elements of the system from hard water and impurities.
Also, the device is equipped with an electronic unit. The crane can operate on batteries and from the network. Batteries last for 1-2 years with daily use.
Advantages of contactless mixers.
- Economical water consumption.
- Practicality. Without mechanical impact on the external details of the construction of plumbing lasts much longer.
- Hygiene. The bathroom has a humid environment favorable for bacteria. With a touchless faucet, there are fewer items in it that need to be disinfected regularly.
- Safe use. Such a crane will never flood the neighbors, because they forgot to close it.
- Ease of use, especially if there are children in the house.
- Long service life and a guarantee from two years.
- Elegant modern design.
- Not suitable when water temperature needs to be changed frequently.
- It is difficult to draw water into the bath. You have to constantly activate the motion sensor to keep the jet stable, or turn off the sensor.
- Difficult installation.
- Additional power costs.
- High price.
- For repair need a qualified technician.
Portion faucet got into the bathroom of washbasins and intercity trains. Its design is very convenient for the economical use of water, so it is used not only in public places, but also at home. Instead of a valve or a lever of such a mixer, there is a button that needs to be pressed for water to flow. A stream of stable pressure and temperature flows for 20-30 seconds, then you need to press the button again. In most models, the time can be increased, but not for long. The fact is that inside the case there is a small “cup” in which water accumulates. It was she who, after pressing the button, pours from the gander. After the mechanism returns the button to its initial position, the water supply is replenished.
Similarly arranged pressure models with a shower watering can, but they have more liquid.
Adjust the water temperature manually, using the control knob or in automatic mode. Budget models work on mechanical control, expensive ones - on electronic, but it is possible to transfer them to mechanical.
Advantages of batch mixers:
- water is turned on by simply pressing a button;
- economical consumption;
- modern design.
- over time, the buttons begin to fall;
- expensive device;
- inconvenient to type bath or water in a large container.
Length and type of spout
Spout - functional outer part of the structure. Its size, shape, length and height provide convenient operation of plumbing if it is properly selected for a specific area of use. According to where the installation of the crane is planned, two types of mixers can be distinguished. In both species, the shape of the spout is thought out taking into account the features of the functional area.
The first type is suitable for the kitchen. The second type - for the bathroom. It is of the following types.
- With shower head and switch. The classic combination for a room in which the plumbing is installed at a short distance from each other. In this case, the gander is quite tall and long, on a hinge. It is complemented by a flexible and long shower hose with a nozzle.
- With spout without shower head. In apartments with a non-standard layout or a large bathroom, it is inconvenient to install a combined model with a switch. Someone just does not need a shower watering can. For such cases, there are various options for cranes without a shower. They are valve and joystick, at least - non-contact and pressure. The shape and size of the gander is absolutely any. They depend on the location of the sanitary device. This may be a horizontal wall crane with a gander no longer than 20 cm long or a floor model with a height of more than 90 cm.
- With shower without gander. In a small bathroom, in order to save space, a shower cabin is often installed. It has a mixer with a hose and a massage nozzle, but the gander in the design is definitely superfluous. In such a model, a switch may be provided. It is needed to redirect the flow from the watering can to the nozzles in the ceiling or on the walls of the cabin and back.
- With hygienic shower. A variation on the topic of combined devices. Hygienic shower, as a rule, set next to the bidet or toilet. The gander is small or short, at the minimum height from the shell. There is a switch to supply water to a small hygienic watering can.
- With thermostat. This is usually cast models of small length and width. Often laconic direct form than curly. Most models with a thermostat do not have a switch to the shower head, because it is designed for minimal effort and is controlled by just one valve. In addition, additional details increase the cost of expensive plumbing. Models with thermostat set directly above the bath tub. They are cast, so you can not redirect water to the sink.
- Swivel spout. It has a high and curved gander on a hinge. Relevant when the sink and bath need one tap without a shower.
- Cast. Model with solid body. It does not rotate and does not bend, therefore it is installed only over one sanitary object.
- Vertical jet. Cranes with gander straight or curved shape of medium and large sizes. Designed for sinks larger than average in spacious rooms.
- With sloping jet. These are shortened versions of cast ganders, which direct the jet in the right direction. Actual for small bathrooms, where there is little space for plumbing. They are so compact that they are usually installed above mini-sinks in utility rooms, kindergartens, public places in road cafes, where there are extremely close toilets.
- With retractable hose.
The dimensions and shape of the spout depend on the size of the bathroom, its filling and design.
Where to install the mixer - will tell his appointment.
They are usually fixed on the wide end side of the sink, on the wall or on the tabletop. The location of the faucet on the sink is convenient when it is built into the furniture in the bathroom or mounted on the wall. You can choose plumbing with any design - short or long, high or low gander classic or original form.
Any model is suitable for sinks if the tip of the spout does not protrude beyond its center. When the jet does not fall into the drain, in the room a lot of spray.
The faucet on the tabletop is designed for sinks that are not built into the furniture and do not have sides for the installation of a crane. Such shells are usually shaped like bowls, with thin edges and placed on the table top. For the table it is important to choose a crane with a high gander so that it towers over the sides of the sink.
Wall layout is a versatile option. It is suitable for built-in and desktop sinks, for mounting a mixer with a switch and a shower head between a sink and a bathroom, for mounting models with a vertical jet in spacious rooms and installing taps with an inclined jet in a room of modest dimensions.
Install plumbing on the wall in two ways.
- Traditional, when all the functional elements of the crane are visible. It is suitable for spacious rooms and bathrooms with an original design, where the appearance of the faucet is important as an element of furnishing.
- Flush mounting. With this arrangement of the device, fasteners, connections to the pipeline and the mixing chamber are located in a niche inside the wall. Outside, only a portion of the spout and valves for controlling the system remain. That is, parts that, strictly speaking, are not a mixer.
Hidden installation requires a little more effort than a regular connection, but a number of advantages of such an arrangement justifies it.
- Easy to use. With flush mounting, you can place the system controls and water supply elements in different places. For example, the spout of the tap over the bathtub will be in the legs, above the drain hole, and the lever will be at hand. You can also fix the shower head at one height, and the switch - at another.
- Saves space in a small bathroom.
- Visually makes the space less congested.
- Maintains a stable temperature of water flow. This applies to built-in models with a thermostat.
- Facilitates the cleaning process. It is always inconvenient to wash and rub the chrome-plated parts of the crane to shine. When in view only two elements from the whole structure, the process is much faster.
- Provides maximum comfort. Built-in parts do not interfere in a cramped shower cubicle, and protruding parts do not heat up from hot water. For dual valve models this is still a problem. On the hot water side, the body of the product heats up, and on the cold side, due to this, condensation forms. In the built-in models temperature drops are controlled by a thermostat.
- Looks good in the bathroom with any design.
In this case, four mounting methods are relevant: on the wall, on the body of the bath, on the floor, on the pedestal. Wall location is chosen when the bath is installed as close as possible to the wall. Installation can be traditional or embedded. Both options are equally comfortable. Also on the wall often have a mixer with spout and shower head, so that the distance to the sink and font was the same. On the side of the bath it is important to place cast mixers with a short spout. It should not be too big, so as not to interfere with taking a bath.
There are two types of fastening the mixer to the side of the bath: on the front side and on the long side. End location is practical. You can rotate the gander, the jet is directed to the drain hole, it is easy to reach the crane.
The faucet on the long side of the tub looks original, but There are a number of nuances that are important to consider when choosing this option.
- To the valve will have to reach through the font. This is problematic if it is large.
- In the center of the bath jet will fall on sensitive areas of the body first. If the mixer is without a thermostat and the temperature needs to be adjusted, there is a risk to experience unpleasant sensations.
- Long gander will constantly interfere at hand.
Because of these features, the location on the long side is an option for thermostatic faucets with a short spout. In other cases, the end is preferable.
In small apartments, where square or semicircular corner baths are installed to save space, it is reasonable to place the mixer in the corner. As a rule, the square bath corners are wide enough, like shelves, and this is a convenient place for fixing the faucet.
Mixer on the floor - a rarity. It is used only when the bath is located far from the wall and does not have wide sides on which the tap can be fixed. For this option we need very high (about 100 cm) gander with a stable body. The mixer on the pedestal is also rare, because such a design solution requires a spacious room.
If we are talking about a shower, then it is convenient to have it on the wall. And in the shower the optimal solution - hidden installation.
For a hygienic shower
The bidet faucet is mounted on a wall or floor. If instead of a bidet is used the toilet - on the side of the toilet bowl.
With the modest dimensions of the bathroom hygienic shower combined with a faucet over the sink.
The mixer is usually called the set of elements of plumbing for supplying and regulating water. It includes both the internal device and the housing, which makes the mixer aesthetically attractive and convenient to use. The internal elements are made of plastic, ceramic, rubber or silicone. There is no alternative to these materials. But the case is at least six variations.
Of these, you need to choose the most wear-resistant, one that will not crack from high hydraulic pressure, and will not collapse in conditions of constant humidity. This may be the following materials.
- Stainless steel. Unfortunately, this name does not mean that the metal is not susceptible to corrosion. It is just rusting more slowly and can be removed for a while. The crane will glitter with a mirrored surface until scratches appear on it. The destruction of the metal will inevitably begin in these places. Steel cranes will not last longer than 5 years. It is important to acquire them as a temporary solution for a year or two. The minimum cost of the device allows it.
- Brass. This copper alloy with the addition of zinc and aluminum is considered the best material for contact with water. It never rust, withstands hydraulic loads and mechanical damage, and by spraying it looks beautiful. At the same time, high-quality brass mixers that will last at least 8 years are sold at a reasonable price.
- Bronze. More weighty and durable than brass, despite the same alloy base in the form of copper. It is also not susceptible to corrosion, is not afraid of contact with water and is durable. The color of bronze is darker than that of brass, so without a coating such a product is not suitable for all bathroom interiors. However, bronze plumbing is more expensive than brass.
- Silumin. Silumin products (an alloy of aluminum and silicon) cannot be used on a permanent basis. Such mixers are soft, fragile and short-lived. They accumulate sediment from hard water. They quickly collapse and begin to flow in a year. Silumin mixers in large quantities come from China and are in demand due to their low cost. It is profitable to purchase them as temporary apartments (for 12-15 months) or to the country where water is rarely used.
- Ceramics. Ceramic plates have proven to be effective as internal parts of the device, but Russian consumers have not yet become accustomed to the ceramic body. This material is even better suited for contact with water than brass, but the water should be soft and free of impurities. And with mechanical damage, it cracks and breaks. At the same time, the cost of one ceramic mixer is higher than a dozen silumin ones.
- Plastic. This material is greatly undervalued in the plumbing market. They are accustomed to bypass it and are perceived as something frivolous and unreliable in comparison with metal products. However, it will last longer than a silumin and steel product. Plastic mixers do not rust, rust does not settle on them, they are not afraid of poor quality water. The plasticity of the material allows you to give it any shape, so among the plastic products a lot of design and unusual. Plastic is cheap, and with a protective coating it looks like an expensive bronze product.
The disadvantages of plastic are in its low weight and tendency to thermal expansion. This is important to consider when installing to maintain the temperature gap.
In the bathroom, the plastic faucet will last about 5 years. In the bath or sauna, where it is not used every day - about 8 years. In addition, this material does not heat up like steel, which reduces the risk of getting burned.
An integral part of the body - sputtering. It protects the product from moisture and scratches and has an aesthetic look. Metals are used for spraying: chrome, bronze, copper, gold. Chrome is the cheapest, modern and practical material. Bronze is durable, but expensive and looks old-fashioned. Gold looks luxurious and reliably protects the product, but it is very expensive. Copper protects against rust, but may be covered with dark spots due to contact with water and chemicals.
Modern faucets have long ceased to be monofunctional. In addition to being able to mix water in the right proportions, they are equipped with additional functions.
The following types are on the market.
- Heated water. Variety of models with a thermostat.
- With economy function. Basically, these are single-lever mixers with a limiter installed. If you raise the lever at an angle at which water consumption exceeds the economy mode (4-5 liters per minute), resistance will be noticeable. By releasing the lever, you can lock this position. But if it is important to quickly draw water into the bath, you can increase the angle of ascent.
- With function of restriction of the minimum and maximum temperature. A kind of thermostat, popular with parents with young children.
- With aerator. Simultaneously with the water is a stream of air. This stream is soft, uniform and comfortable.
- With bottom valve. This is a lever on the mixer that opens the sink in the bathroom. If the water is too hot, do not put your hand in it to open the drain.
- With water filter. The filter improves the quality of water and prolongs the plumbing life for several years.
Accessories and components
Mixer - prefabricated design. For full functioning, he needs additional elements. Sometimes they are provided in the basic configuration, sometimes they need to be purchased separately. Not all components are necessary for the normal operation of the mixer, but all of them make plumbing work easier and more convenient.
In addition to flywheels and spout, without which the mixer is generally useless, you may need:
- hand shower set;
- nozzles for the top tropical shower and side jets;
- replaceable nozzles for a shower watering can;
- air softener aerators;
- multi-way switches (for 2 or more water objects);
- brackets and holders for shower heads;
- decorative caps for wall mixers;
- spare parts (eyeliner, gaskets, crane axle box, flywheels, housing, adapters, fasteners);
- keys for aerator and cartridge repair;
- household chemicals for cleaning the mixer and the body and microfiber cloths.
If without components, the use or repair of plumbing is complicated, then accessories are needed only as an additional visual element.
These include color lights of the faucet, decorative flywheels and shower holders, designer spouts. Also often there are accessories in the form of towel holders, soap dispensers, soap dishes in the same style with the external parts of the mixer. Such details are important if the bathroom is carefully designed interior.
One of the important functions of the bathroom is relaxation. And to relax and have fun while lying in a bath with foam is more pleasant when the interior is beautiful. Therefore, faucets and plumbing should be considered not only in terms of durability and convenience, but also as style-forming elements. Modern faucets are conventionally divided into two large categories: universal and design.
Universal models are suitable for unassuming interior. All of them are made of affordable materials and coated with chrome. The coating has a silver color and can be glossy (with a reflective surface) or dull. In rare cases, the body and flywheels are not silver, but white, black or gold.
The only element of the decor on universal models is the designation of hot and cold water on flywheels. These can be colored patches, inlay, calligraphic inscriptions.
Universal mixers do not differ in the complex form of the gander, flywheels or control lever. Two options are popular. The first one is with smooth, streamlined lines and a round hole in the spout. The second is a more geometric form. The gander is not cylindrical, but faceted; Square or rectangular spout.
Designer models are designed for the interior, which is designed in a particular style..
For retrodesign relevant weighty brass mixers without a glossy finish, with two valves and a high gander with a round cross section. Also, brass and bronze mixers in their natural color are shown to interiors that are old-fashioned and natural (Provence, Country, Ethnic). For adherents of the classical style, which is replete with rich materials and accessories, plumbing with gold plating is ideal. In this case, the form of the crane can be any, including the original cascade spout of a flat shape or cast massive models.
Fans of minimalism prefer plumbing for flush mounting. Such mixers are distinguished by a modern look, a simple but non-trivial form, a mirror coating, a minimum of details and the absence of decor. Chrome luster blends well with glass, metal and one-color finish of minimalist bathrooms. A separate category is cascade-type mixers made of glass and crystal, as well as models with a body for wood, ceramics, stone.
Often, mixers in a particular style can be supported with a ready-made set of accessories from the same manufacturer.
The best bathroom faucets are plumbing from trusted manufacturers. The user rating for 2018 includes such firms: Teka, Wasser Kraft, Oute, Hansa, Gessi, Ravak, Ganzer, Cezares, Zegor, Orange, Vitra, Calorie, Granfest, Timo, Florentina.
Inspection of plumbing Italian, German, Czech, Russian, Turkish and Chinese manufacturers took place in everyday life. Long-term experience of use confirms that the mixers of these companies do an excellent job with hard water, are not covered with rust, and withstand the operating loads on functional elements for two years or more. For many models, the warranty is 1.5-2 years. At this time, you can contact the customer service for free repair. Employees will pick up branded parts and restore the functionality of the equipment.
With the products of leading companies, the bathroom turns out to be comfortable and stylish.
By the number of positive reviews leading German products (Teka, Ganzer, Wasser Kraft, Hansa, Orange). Among the advantages, users note the stainless brass body with a durable coating and a sleek design, functional details and convenient operation. Narrow-shaped spout and shower heads of narrow shape provide good water pressure with minimal consumption. The price for German plumbing is above average, so it is more profitable to purchase ready-made kits, rather than collect items from different collections.
Estets prefer Italian masters (Gessi, Cezares). This plumber has a long service life (at least 5 years), during which it does not cause problems. It is easy to use and reliable. All parts are made of high quality materials and coated with a protective coating. But the most important thing in it is a stylish and modern design.
Buying Italian plumbing it is important to consider that it requires careful care. We need special microfiber cloths and gentle chemistry.
Practical owners choose quality products from the Czech Republic (Ravak) and Turkey (Vitra). Plumbing regularly serves for many years, is convenient and easy to manage, looks aesthetically pleasing, but at the same time its price is not too high due to the notorious German quality or Italian design secrets. Turkish manufacturers can even find ceramic taps for the price of brass. Analog parts are suitable for all plumbing.
Economical users purchase Russian products (Gran Fest, Florentina) or Chinese plumbing (Oute, Zegor, replicas to the Finnish company Timo). The advantages of domestic plumbing are that it is made with regard to the communal realities (hard water, pressure drops, meters), and you can always find original spare parts for it. The price for the finished set is at least twice as low as for European products with the same quality. Chinese plumbing receives controversial and largely negative reviews.
It is important to bear in mind that cheap products made of silumin and plastic are mainly designed for temporary use (about a year). They cope with this task, and their quality corresponds to the price.
It is good to come to the store with a specific image of the desired product in the head and an idea of its technical capabilities. But this rarely happens. It is necessary to change the mixer every ten years, and it is difficult to gain experience in this matter. The store starts throwing between ten models, and the choice may fall not on the best option.
Therefore, sometimes you can trust the consultant. As a rule, sellers recommend a variant with averaged parameters, which is suitable for most bathrooms. This is a single lever mixer with spout and shower, switch, holders for shower heads. Gander it on a hinge, so that it was convenient to turn it to a wall or sink, to draw water in tanks of different volume.
Additionally, consultants recommend to purchase aerators for spout and accessories for the care of plumbing.
But we all know that the task of the seller, even the most honest, is to sell the goods. Therefore you should listen to the experts of the disinterested party - plumbers.
They advise you to take such a checklist with you to the store to check the plumbing.
- The manufacturer has a good reputation. On the original product is often stamped to distinguish it from a fake.
- The case is made of brass or bronze, weighty and durable. In extreme cases, from the "stainless steel".
- The cost of the product - from 4000 rubles and above. Only Chinese houses will be cheaper.
- Cartridge switching mechanism on the shower. The eccentric is loosened quickly and leaks, and the ball deviator is integral with the body of the mixer and cannot be repaired.
- Ceramic plates, not rubber gaskets.
- The presence of the aerator on the nozzle outflow. This saves water and provides good pressure.
- Shower head with a thread so that it can be replaced with another nozzle (for massage or good pressure) and / or different water supply modes.
- Sheeting from enamel or chrome.
- Convenient spout: it can be turned to the wall so that it does not interfere with taking a bath, a container of different volume is placed under it.
If at least 6 out of 9 points match, this is a good mixer that will serve for a long time and regularly.
In the next video you are waiting for the secrets of choosing a bath mixer.