By the standards of modern apartments, a bathroom of 6 square meters. m can be called spacious. It will fit all the necessary plumbing, storage systems and free space will remain, even if the bathroom is combined. Photos of finished bathroom design projects 6 sq. M. m help in creating your own interior, comfortable and attractive.
The larger the bathroom, the more opportunities for its arrangement.
Pros and cons of combining bathroom and toilet
Combining a toilet and a bathroom in the same room cannot be called an exceptionally good or, on the contrary, a bad idea. This type of layout has its pros and cons, which largely depend on the number of people living in the apartment and the owners' own preferences. Variants of bathroom planning 6 square. m can be seen in the photo.
Despite the abundance of items in the bathroom, it is quite spacious due to the fact that all the furniture is arranged around the perimeter of the walls.
The advantages of a combined bathroom include:
- Increase in usable space. It is achieved by demolishing the partition between the toilet and the adjacent room.
- Savings on finishing work due to the demolition of one wall.
- The possibility of applying interesting design solutions.
In a spacious bathroom, a working area can be used simultaneously by two people.
Disadvantages of combining toilet and bathroom:
- Spending time, effort and money on redevelopment: creating a project, drafting the necessary documents, obtaining a permit from a state organization, dismantling a partition.
- The inability to use the toilet and bathroom at the same time. This problem is particularly relevant for large families.
To avoid inconvenience, the toilet can be placed behind the partition of the shower
In the bathroom 6 square meters. m can apply different colors:
- Light. They contribute to creating an atmosphere of calm and peace, they are recommended to be used as primary colors. Light pastel colors have a positive effect on the perception of the room: they make it brighter and more spacious. Design project bright bathroom 6 square. m presented in the photo.
- Bright. Cheer up, "revive" the space. In large quantities, they can be annoying. Bright you can make one of the walls, but it is better to use rich colors in decorative elements: hooks, rugs, curtains, towels. The wall along which the bath is installed is often decorated with flowers or seascapes. This finish is able to highlight the interior, draw attention to it.
- Dark. It should be applied dosed. Their abundance can create a gloomy, oppressive atmosphere. The interior of the bathroom will look beautiful floor with a dark pattern, black or dark purple facades of individual elements of plumbing, etc.
Warm shades are always at the peak of popularity.
Classic can be called a combination in the interior of black and white colors. They should be used with a 50/50 ratio.
White color goes very well with brown or gray
Finished bathroom combined 6 sq. M. m
For combined bathroom it is necessary to select only high-quality materials, even if they are expensive. Saving on finishing can lead to greater costs in the future, for example, to repair the ceiling from neighbors after they are flooded.
For the walls of the bathroom combined with a toilet of 6 square meters. m suitable the following materials.
The tile is traditionally used for finishing of bathrooms. It is durable, waterproof and versatile. Tile has a large selection of colors and textures. In the bathroom you can lay the tiles monochromatic, patterned or with a smooth surface. The tile with imitation of a wooden or stone surface will effectively look. Photo design bathroom 6 square. m decorated with tiles can be seen below.
The tile is a mast hev for a bathroom
Allows you to create a unique design. The mosaic can be made of glass, ceramics or stone. Decorate patterns can not the whole room, but only one of the walls. The washbasin or the bathtub framed by a mosaic will look spectacular. This material is perfect for finishing complex surfaces, such as niches, arches. Mosaic tiles are perfectly combined with monophonic tile.
Mosaic is ideal for designing hard-to-reach places in the bathroom.
They are easy to install, not afraid of moisture, easy to clean. Panels made of plastic are made in different colors and with different textures. Relief panels look unusual, attract attention, but are harder to clean. Smooth glossy panels are more practical than embossed ones, but they look simpler. The main disadvantage of plastic material is low environmental friendliness due to the use in the manufacture of toxic glue.
PVC panels look very impressive in the interior of the bathroom
Moisture resistant plaster
The use of this environmentally friendly material in the bathroom allows you to save on finishing. Plaster is not expensive, looks beautiful and easy to apply with his own hands. Experts do not recommend combining decorative plaster with other materials, such as tile, which can be used to wall the walls around the bath and in the apron area over the sink.
Decorative waterproof plaster fits into the interior of the bathroom with any stylistic direction
Can be used instead of decorative plaster in combination with ceramic tiles. The main disadvantage of vinyl is that it does not let air through.
The easiest way to design the walls in the bathroom - vinyl wallpaper
A natural stone
Finishing one of the walls with masonry will be a highlight of the interior. Photo beautiful bathroom repair 6 square. m using masonry are presented below.
Natural stone is durable and moisture-proof material, able to create a unique interior in the bathroom
Tip! The process of repairing the combined bathroom should not be limited to the replacement of the finish. To avoid any problems in the near future, it is worth replacing the old water and sewage pipes.
Natural marble, travertine or granite tiles create a rich and luxurious bathroom interior.
Ceiling in the bathroom should be:
- Moisture resistant;
Multi-level plasterboard structures can be combined with stretched canvas
For lining the ceiling in the combined bathroom, you can use:
Putty and paint
These materials are inexpensive, easy to apply with their own hands. Difficulty may arise during the preparation of the foundation. The surface of the ceiling before painting should be aligned. The disadvantages of using paint include: darkening over time, the likelihood of mold and fungus.
One of the main advantages of paint is the ability to "refresh" do it yourself repair at any time.
But the finish can be easily updated by applying a fresh coat of paint. Elegant design combined bathroom 6 square meters. m with painted ceiling can be seen in the photo.
Light shades help visually expand the space of any room.
They are durable, moisture-proof and easy to install yourself. Built-in light fixtures can be installed in plastic panels. Cover cons: difficult dismantling, accumulation of dirt and the formation of fungus at the joints of the panels, the probability of rusting the frame.
Plastic panels are mounted very quickly and do an excellent job with protective features.
They are made of various materials, but for the bathroom are more suitable coating of moisture-resistant and anti-corrosion aluminum. Rack ceiling is going as a designer, so its installation is available even to amateurs. Disadvantages of coverage: suitable only for modern interior styles, dirt gets clogged between the slats.
With the help of metal slats, you can create multi-level structures on the ceiling.
First, a metal frame is created, then it is sheathed with explosion-proof sheets of drywall and covered with paint on top. Advantages of a suspended ceiling: the ability to create original multi-level structures, installation of spotlights. Installing drywall ceilings takes a lot of time and energy.
Due to the properties of drywall on the ceiling, you can build a structure of any complexity
Tension cloths have a high level of moisture protection, a large selection of colors and patterns. Disadvantages of a stretch ceiling: ease of mechanical damage, installation complexity, so its installation should be entrusted to professionals.
Glossy stretch ceilings are great for rooms with high humidity
In the bathroom, you can use one of these flooring.
The main advantage of laying ceramic tiles on the floor is its resistance to mechanical damage. If the walls can choose a glossy tile, then the floor is suitable only matte, which is less likely to slip. The tile laid diagonally visually expands the space of the room. A photo of the original tile design in the bathroom of 6 sq. M. m can be viewed below.
The liquid mixture, which is based on polymers, is evenly distributed over the floor surface and quickly hardens. This material allows you to create a completely transparent coating. You can decorate the floor with the help of photo wallpaper, natural stones, coins and more. The result will be a modern coating with a trendy 3D effect. Self-leveling floor is durable, not resistant to moisture and mechanical damage. The main disadvantage of the self-leveling floor - the complexity of installation and dismantling.
For the bathroom fit only waterproof models of laminated boards. They are durable, expensive look, have a wide selection of colors. Despite moisture resistance, the laminate can deteriorate when exposed to a large amount of liquid.
Natural or artificial stone
Creates an expensive, luxurious design. Cons: high price, slippery surface, installation complexity.
Tip! To create a harmonious interior, it is necessary to select the floor covering several tones darker than the walls and ceiling.
Bathroom 6 sq. M. m
In the combined bathroom all the plumbing should be as functional as possible. In addition, it should be combined in color and design.
Choosing a bath or shower
Planning the situation of the combined bathroom first of all it is necessary to decide on the choice of a bathtub or a shower cabin. Both of these sanitary devices will not fit in an area of 6 square meters. m
Depending on the interior design, growth and size of the household, the characteristics of the bath are selected:
- Colour. Must be combined with the colors of other plumbing.
- Form: round, oval, rectangular, triangular. A triangular bathtub is installed in the corner of the room. For classic interiors, symmetrical bathtubs are selected. In modern styles, you can use an unusual form of plumbing.
- Depth and size. They determine the position when bathing: sitting or half lying.
- The material of manufacture. It affects the weight, durability and durability of plumbing. So the most durable and practical - products made of cast iron, but they have great weight. Baths are lighter than cast iron, but they quickly cool down water. The easiest plumbing is made of acrylic, but it is not durable. Photo design bathroom 6 square. m with a cast iron bath can be viewed below.
Near the bathroom you can put a partition of glass. It will prevent the spread of spray on the floor of the room. Usually the partition occupies a third of the length of the bathroom.
If you put a shower, then you can choose the corner model, so that it occupies a minimum of space. An alternative to the bathroom can be a shower with a tray. The shower is covered with a curtain or a glass partition.
In addition to the bath or shower, in the combined bathroom of 6 square meters. m set:
- Toilet. The bathroom is 6 square meters. m easily fit full toilet. You can add elegance to the plumbing object and at the same time save space by using the console model. In such a toilet bowl is built into the wall.
- Shell Under it you can put a washing machine or cabinet. In such a situation, the washing machine should be horizontal loading and with a capacity of about 3 kg. Such models are the most compact, their height does not exceed half a meter. If a lot of people live in an apartment, you can put two shells.
- Bidet. Not a must-have bathroom item. For a combined bathroom, it is recommended to install a compact hanging bidet.
Harmonious bathroom interior 6 square. m, combined with a toilet, you can see in the photo.
Household appliances and furniture
In modern bathrooms you can find such appliances:
- Washer. If a car is purchased with a vertical load, then it can be placed in any part of the room, even in the corner. For a top-loading washing machine, space must be left to open the doors. But its surface can be used instead of the shelf.
- Electric heater. Mounted on the wall. It is better to install it over the cistern of the toilet. The volume of the boiler depends on the number of people living in the apartment.
In the bathroom can not do without storage systems. The room is 6 square meters. m can be put:
- Dressing table with a mirror. If there is not enough space, the mirror is hung on the wall, usually above the sink. Inside the dressing table can be placed hygiene products.
- Cabinet for household chemicals: cleaning products for plumbing, laundry detergents and others. The owners can put in their bathroom floor model or attach a hinged.
- Open wall shelves. A great alternative to the closet. Shelves occupy a minimum of space. The only negative - the contents of the shelves must be arranged nicely so that it does not spoil the appearance of the room.
- High and narrow pencil case. Allows you to divide the space into two functional areas: bathroom and toilet. Modern bathroom design ideas of 6 square meters in 2016 are presented in the photo.
A competent approach to the design of the bathroom 6 square meters. m will create not only functional, but also aesthetically beautiful interior. In such a bathroom, water treatment should seem pleasant to all family members.