We help organizations develop high quality, engaging events and high performance communities.
The intentional and supported, focused creative capacity of fully engaged communities is the key advantage you can have as an organization today. Organizations that have a well-developed community strategy are increasingly among the most successful. Organizations with no community are missing out. Unrecognized communities cannot perform. Dysfunctional or overly controlled communities can be a drag, boring, worthless or even hazardous. Only high performance communities can actualize the social potential that you need to thrive.
Community Knowledge Works has been providing community and social design and strategy services for organizations and corporations including TED, University of Washington, The Bill & Melinda Gates foundation, and others.
Businesses and organizations depend on good relations within teams, across teams, and with wider audiences. Whenever people meet and interact with shared values and purpose, these groups take shape as community, and the qualities of the community inform and shape the purposeful actions of our groups. Today, it takes an optimal community design strategy and great community dynamics to thrive and succeed.
Why do community and community knowledge matter in business terms?
- Community matters because people value relating and belonging, and engaging fully adds 23% value over those less engaged. ¹
- Community and purpose are the two key advantages you can have in the social era. ²
- Within and across your communities is where many of the best ideas will be found. When the experience in your communities is of welcoming, high quality experiences that reward participation, you cultivate the source of your best advocates, allies, and innovations.
Organizations that give great experiences to those who value your work thrive and become increasingly better and deliberately developmental organizations, improving themselves throughout their networks as a matter of course. What is the best purpose your communities can fulfill? How can you make your experiences together meaningful, rewarding, and more than able to deliver on your shared values and vision? Make all your interactions with your communities the best they can possibly be, from effective strategy through planning, events and experiences, deepening engagement, and to every thank you for people in your driven communities that exceed your hopes for what they can give you.
- Fully engaged customers represent an average 23% premium in share of wallet, profitability, revenue, and relationship growth over the average customer. Gallup 2014.
- See Kastelle, Merchant, Verreynne (2016) What Creates Advantage in the “Social Era”? , MIT Press, innovations / volume 10, number 3/4, pages 88-90.